Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Europa League : SV Zulte Wargem - SS Lazio 3-2 , 07/12/2017  (Read 734 times)

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Europa League : SV Zulte Wargem - SS Lazio *** , 07/12/2017
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »

For me, third conceded goal need to be talking point, with both Bastos and Wallace satisfied to stand three meters away from their markers playing around... on edge of box.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 12:10:02 AM »

Their first goal was absolutely avoidable if a natural CB was fielded instead of Patric.

And what were the natural centre-backs who were out there doing on that goal? Or the second or third for that matter?

Patric was pushed onto the ground, but I honestly think because he was friends with Keita, he's never going to win everyone over. On balance, he was the best centre-back tonight... again...

It absolutely has nothing to do with Keita. At least for me. And honestly I am not simply overreacting to his tonight's performance.

I like Patric's ball control and passing, he might be a good RB, but as an RCB he is simply not strong and tall enough. Of course our other defenders are not great, but Patric is just not physically suited for the job. Plus he gets emotional too often. (e.g. the Bernardeschi incident where Patric first made a violent both-feet tackle, and then instead of proceeding with the game went ahead to angrily confront the Juve player.)

Anyway, Felipe Luiz for example screwed up on the second goal, but with a few years of experience and kilos he can be a first team quality defender and would not be pushed around like he was on the goal we received. Same cannot be said about Patric.

On a side-note: this dude is facing competition and getting no playing time. I always have thought highly of him. Any chance we can snatch him?
https://bvbbuzz.com/2017/10/10/subotic-set-leave-dortmund-january/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:16:55 AM by campiador »

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 12:28:13 AM »

The problem we have with our defenders that almost all of them have this reactive play style, their strength is intervention..something has to happen before we see them act. We only have one CB who reminds me of the good old days where serie a was full of defenders who could see a dangerous situation being about to happen and do something to avoid it.

We've been looking for a De Vrij partner ever since he joined and now he's only six months away from being able to leave on a free transfer..
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 12:43:06 AM »

I like Patric's ball control and passing, he might be a good RB, but as an RCB he is simply not strong and tall enough. Of course our other defenders are not great, but Patric is just not physically suited for the job. Plus he gets emotional too often. (e.g. the Bernardeschi incident where Patric first made a violent both-feet tackle, and then instead of proceeding with the game went ahead to angrily confront the Juve player.)

Radu isn't tall, strong or unemotional and he does just fine. Maybe if he was playing in a team where Crecco doesn't close down opponents and where Luiz Felipe doesn't know where to position himself, he'd also have problems.

Patric isn't a natural centre-back and can obviously be better, but I can't understand why he cops so much criticism while others who make greater errors escape comment.

If we conclude Patric doesn't have the physique to be a centre-back then Luiz Felipe and Bastos don't have the brains, no?

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 01:48:09 AM »

Cathal.

Radu compared to Patric is (1) physically way too stronger and (2) does not give away penalties and goals as often.

Felipe Luiz is inexperienced and clearly has higher potential as a great CB, even though he makes mistakes, I can live with that knowing one day he can be a great defender.

Regardless of how good or bad our other defenders are, Patric is virtually as much a CB as Basta. That's all I am saying.

I am not saying we should not play him at all given the current squad. I'm saying for next season, or maybe even in Januray we should look for a better alternative. Someone at the same level as De Vrji and Radu.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:54:40 AM by campiador »

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 02:14:06 AM »

I only watched the highlight, dont care with the result, but isnt it obvious the first Zulte's goal was foul? I mean it was a push on the back while a player jumping n he gained advantage from that.

It's also a shame we saw useless poor Vargic here, instead of trying Guerrieri.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 02:19:04 AM »

Radu compared to Patric is (1) physically way too stronger and (2) does not give away penalties and goals as often.

You're certainly forgot the same Radu few years ago, giving two goals in one derby game to their pathetic capitano. In a season where he was an error prone.
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 03:02:13 AM »

Their first goal was absolutely avoidable if a natural CB was fielded instead of Patric.

And what were the natural centre-backs who were out there doing on that goal? Or the second or third for that matter?

Patric was pushed onto the ground, but I honestly think because he was friends with Keita, he's never going to win everyone over. On balance, he was the best centre-back tonight... again...

Im a big patric fan, but you have to admit he was bullied out. He does most things right and had to be given credit, he just doesnt have the physical power required for the position. I agree, easily our best cb back today.

I was far from impressed by badtos, luiz felipe and the horror show vargic.

FORZA LAZIO!

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 03:43:48 AM »

Only watched the first half, which was the boring half that put me back to bed.

Agreeing with the comments here in general, except for Vargic which I think could be a bit harsh. He did touch the ball for the first goal and on the second it looks like a deflection when it's extremely close to the goal and hit the very right.

For the Patric case, it's a foul but probably didn't matter since the opponent wins the ball anyway.
On his physique, it's another mystery. Official site lists 184cm but Bastos is 180cm, which is impossible if you look into the pre-match picture on lazio official site now. Anyway he did mark his man and he was unable to, which proves he is not ideal as CB.

For Bastos, he is having a commanding presence over weaker opponents, but yes he is without a brain when against stronger opponents in Serie A which shows his limitations. If he improves on that he can be a top player, otherwise we still need to search for better ones.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 11:10:32 AM »

Im a big patric fan, but you have to admit he was bullied out. He does most things right and had to be given credit, he just doesnt have the physical power required for the position. I agree, easily our best cb back today.

I was far from impressed by badtos, luiz felipe and the horror show vargic.

He was bullied val, but that was a difficult ball to defend against and given the opposition player was 1.9m and used Patric's body as leverage to win the header, not sure how any centre-back could've been expected to do much better in that situation. With de Vrij, I think the outcome would've been the same.

But what annoys me is this: Vargic should've made the save, referee should've blew for a foul, Bastos and Luiz Felipe shouldn't have been ball-watching and left Patric on his own to defend the cross and Crecco should've cut out the cross but what everyone noticed is Patric being weak?

Forget my comparison to Radu - which I still think is perfectly valid - what about Puyol, Baresi, Beckenbauer etc.? If Patric isn't physical enough to be a centre-back, how did those guys manage to be regarded as some of the best centre-backs in history?

For me, I'm looking at Patric as a versatile squad player and seeing him outperform Bastos who has been a starter for almost half the season. That's my opinion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3