Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Europa League : SV Zulte Wargem - SS Lazio 3-2 , 07/12/2017  (Read 659 times)

drazvan

• LF Legend
Re: Europa League : SV Zulte Wargem - SS Lazio *** , 07/12/2017
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »

I agree with Cathal that Patric is not the problem and he is a versatile sub. He is one of the few that can play anywhere and to be honest if he would have played in Crecco's position he would have scored a brace yesteday and he might have been the man of the match. Patric is not great - that's for sure. But he is always good enough which is not to be said for others.

Yesterday Vargic and Crecco were not good enough to play in the Belgium Jupiler League, Bastos and Wallace (Serie A defenders) was outclassed. Basta and Caicedo with their experience should have put more pressure on the weak Zulte defense. Palombi was invisible. I think that's why we lost in the end. Not that anybody cared to be honest. But it is worrying to see that the bench is quite poor in comparison with the starters.

I think Murgia and Miceli did pretty ok. I think Lukaku had a good game on the left wing. And of course Leiva was good when he came in.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Europa League : SV Zulte Wargem - SS Lazio 3-2 , 07/12/2017
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 05:28:55 PM »

Voilą, just added the necessary on the starting post of the topic (not with much enthousiasm i must add  :roll_eyes:).

I was at the game last night and was seated right after Vargic' goal starting 1st half.  So had a very good view of him and our backline.  Vargic is an absolute disaster, uncertain and unskilled in almost every move he makes. I was so embarrased i actually lied to people there saying he was the 3rd choice.  I couldn't get it out of my mouth he actually is the 2nd GK for Lazio. 

Defence:
Patric is was the best defender with the ball on his foot, quick, agily and with a good awareness.
Luiz Felipe is also good with the ball, has good oversight and looks good enough for a game like this.
Bastos is technically very good for a defender but simply cannot keep things simply and secure.  He even tends to look to make a situation more difficult then it should be, it was strange to watch at times.  Also awareness for things happening around him.
Zulte fans i know and spoke to found Patric the best of the backline, Luiz okay and like already said Bastos a little shaky.  They were impressed by Wallace' appearence and impact when he took the field (so was i) but then later on he neglected a couple of situations.

Midfield:
Basta was okay, nothing more.  Lukaku was decent but hardly showed anything.  Murgia was the hard worker and practicly the only one motivated to some extent. 

Crecco is completely below level.  All bad first touches of the ball mostly, unlively, unaware, a very plain player who wouldn't even start in Belguim, unless for a relegation team and maybe not even that.  It's best he would leave the club and move on in his level the sooner the better.

I was 80% certain it would be a loss looking at the starting midfield and knowing Zulte really wanted to win for he fans and to build up trust again.  But i didn't expect Miceli to be more or less on level to handle the oppenent.  I really understand now why Inzaghi trusted him enough, his first balltouches were almost all perfect and showed accurate and quick decisions in his passing game.  I asked the friend i was with wich one of Crecco, Palombi or Miceli had his first start tonight and the guess was Crecco.  This means Miceli looks better then a player who had a number of games in Serie B under his belt.  Not that Miceli is ready to join the team now, certainly not.  He showed he can hold his own and do his task, but to expect him to make any difference is way to much to ask at this time.  But i really think he has a future.

Of course things looked immediatly better once Leiva & Anderson took the field, no need to explain that further, seems logical.

Attack:
Palombi has to many bad first touches, cannot make him available.  Simply looks very plain, to conclude not good enough for our bench.  Caicedo actually look impressive.  He's a player that really weighs on the opponent, closes down gaps, knows what's happening around him.  Not a goalgetter but surely a usefull player.

----------------------------

So i much agree with Drazvan's post here above.  And also with Cathal about Patric, since i wasn't a fan before but he's been kind of winning me over to remain on our bench.

Crecco & Vargic really need to move on quickly, and i'm not believing in Palombi either.

For the defence i would conclude to let Luiz Felipe gain more experience at another club, keep Patric on our bench.  If the club decides not to sell Bastos i'm also for him on the bench next to Patric.  Sign a new defender (most likely Caceres) and make him a long with De Vrij, Radu & Wallace the starting players.

Miceli should be moved up quickly to a higher level to start gaining experience, he really looks ready.

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 07:49:36 PM »

Im a big patric fan, but you have to admit he was bullied out. He does most things right and had to be given credit, he just doesnt have the physical power required for the position. I agree, easily our best cb back today.

I was far from impressed by badtos, luiz felipe and the horror show vargic.

He was bullied val, but that was a difficult ball to defend against and given the opposition player was 1.9m and used Patric's body as leverage to win the header, not sure how any centre-back could've been expected to do much better in that situation. With de Vrij, I think the outcome would've been the same.

But what annoys me is this: Vargic should've made the save, referee should've blew for a foul, Bastos and Luiz Felipe shouldn't have been ball-watching and left Patric on his own to defend the cross and Crecco should've cut out the cross but what everyone noticed is Patric being weak?

Forget my comparison to Radu - which I still think is perfectly valid - what about Puyol, Baresi, Beckenbauer etc.? If Patric isn't physical enough to be a centre-back, how did those guys manage to be regarded as some of the best centre-backs in history?

For me, I'm looking at Patric as a versatile squad player and seeing him outperform Bastos who has been a starter for almost half the season. That's my opinion.

Its not how tall he is, its that he lacks the muscle. Puyol is a beasr compared to patric.
Radu is a great example actually, now that he put in the muscle he looks better than ever. Another good example is Ayala. He was a great defender and his physique was not impressive. Send patric to the gym and give him a new conteact would be the best option.
FORZA LAZIO!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 08:31:13 PM »

Its not how tall he is, its that he lacks the muscle. Puyol is a beasr compared to patric.
Radu is a great example actually, now that he put in the muscle he looks better than ever. Another good example is Ayala. He was a great defender and his physique was not impressive. Send patric to the gym and give him a new conteact would be the best option.

Patric is probably 3 or 4kgs away from the normal for a centre-back his size, but more muscle will slow him down so it would only make sense to stick him in the gym if we want to convert him into a centre-back in the long-term. I'm sure Radu's muscular physique this season is in part down to the change of position in this system.

But I was rearly thinking more short-term. His physique for me is just so much less of an issue than the fact Bastos and Luiz Felipe don't know what they're doing out there.
Pages: 1 2 [3]