Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Serie A : Atalanta - SS Lazio 3-3 , 17/12/2017  (Read 785 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : Atalanta - SS Lazio 3-3 , 17/12/2017
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 12:15:58 AM »

de Vrij isn't at fault for any of the goals.

On the first Atalanta goal, Marusic's feet are off the ground as the cross comes in, meaning that he misses the header because by the time his feet land on the ground, he hasn't time to get up to win the header. I think he jumped because Bastos blocks his vision, but that decision and that alone loads to the goal.

On the second goal, Leiva allows the first runner to go which de Vrij feels the need to cover, and then Ilicic isn't tracked and it's a goal. de Vrij immediately asked Leiva why he didn't run and so he should. Same question could be asked of Radu. And Bastos is marking the air. Three players not doing their job there and none of them are called de Vrij.

Third goal is on Bastos.

I think Inzaghi is waiting for the right moment to bench Marusic and Bastos for Basta and Wallace and I think right now, we're there. But the second goal shows we need to tighten up the organisation because that defending against Perisic and Icardi will end in a hammering.

We showed great character tonight and quality at times, but this defence cost us points and will cost us points. We can't be perfect, but we need to be better.

Just watched the highlights carefully twice and it seems i'll be agreeing.  De Vrij goes clear even if i only blamed him for half of the 2nd goal. 

It think the replacement of Bastos by Wallace already happened tonight since the sub came directly after his most recent brainfart.  Next game Wallace starts.  Maybe Basta is following, could very well be.

Guess i watched Alberto's goal 6 times in rerun.  The attack leading up to it is simply stunning and Caicedo helped out bigtime with that. 

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 12:24:36 AM »

im not too sure wallace will change bastos - he had a huge brainfart of his own

just saw the second goal, dv is out of position, tottally. he is waaaaaaaay to high upfield
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:31:17 AM by Roman_Eagle »

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 12:51:25 AM »

just saw the second goal, dv is out of position, tottally. he is waaaaaaaay to high upfield

I wouldn't compare the 2.  Bastos went crazy with a tackle from behind in the box, always penalty no matter what.  Simply not done.

Wallace nicked Gomez outside of the box when Gomez was looking for the fault.  Wallace fell for the trick but i don't think he do that in the box, at least i hope not.

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 02:36:36 AM »

I wouldn't compare the 2.  Bastos went crazy with a tackle from behind in the box, always penalty no matter what.  Simply not done.

Wallace nicked Gomez outside of the box when Gomez was looking for the fault.  Wallace fell for the trick but i don't think he do that in the box, at least i hope not.

I don't think Wallace would do that in the box.

The way Strakosha is with the reflex saves, he could have saved Papu from there. No need for Bastos to do that.

It seems like Bastos gets over-confident and then stuffs up big time.
Laziale!

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 09:04:32 AM »

I thought De Vrij and largely Radu were fine, but were let down by Marusic and of course Bastos. I couldnt believe that tackle, its the stupidest thing I remember a professional defender doing, to slide in the box, from behind, and he wasnt even goalside of Gomez so its not like he was trying to block the path to goal. Just stupid. Im glad Inzaghi reacted by bringing him off, I hope he is punished with some time on the bench.

Their second goal was very well taken. We can point fingers at whoever but lets not overlook a great pass and a great finish.
Without individual errors, we win that game.

Im also going to go against the current forum rhetoric and say Lulic and especially Parolo were fine last night. In fact i think Parolo had a good game. This place tends to get these ideas in its head that X player is finished, or Y player is invisible, and they get overlooked while other players who do less get all the praise.

Caicedo did OK, but its clear to see that he doesnt have the connection with Savic, Leiva and Alberto that Immobile has. Simple things like not knowing when hes going to make a run, how he likes to receive the ball, etc. It can be worked on, but it shows that in training those core players do a lot of work with each other and I imagine Caicedo is not part of that. Hes got the ability though, but he seems more of a box player than a complete striker like Immobile.

At the end of the day, a draw away against a decent team is not a terrible result, but im annoyed that stupid mistakes cost us a valuable 2 points. We are 5 points off Roma now. 4 dropped points in recent weeks (Fiorentina, Atalanta) from games we should win, and at the end of the season its things like this that add up.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 09:29:32 AM »

bravo Lazio!!! :bravo: coming back from 0:2 thanks to Strakosha and SMS.

First 25 minutes were terrible, but ater scoring 1 goal we were back in the game and partly dominated it.

About these player ratings here: thanks to Stefano - i also think that this Lulic bashing is overpowered here.
Lulic did a good job - always when Petagna was working on that side, Lulic won the ball. And...what was Lukaku doing better?...Nothing. Because everytime he tried to run over Hoteboer, he lost that run.
Lulic brings experience in this game, and as long as Lukaku is not better than Lulic, we don't need much to say here.
When Lukaku has an more slow opponent, i prefer Lukaku because he has more power for his runs on the side, but vs, tougher opponents, we need Lulic there.
Marusic was also not bad, but had a tougher opponent with Papu on that side.

SMS and Strakosha MOM for me. Voted for Sergej.

Our problem is our defense. De Vrij was doing a great job, Radu could have done better befor the cross at the 0:2. Bastos had his blackout again. As long as we have defenders like Bastos or Wallace, we will often lose some points which can be important.
Tare need to do his job on that .... since 2 years in my opinion...

Problem is that Bastos is great in speed and physical also top, but he lacks in football brain, timing and positioning play - and in Serie A you need brain as CB. Wallace is partly better in that, but he lacks in speed and also has his blackouts sometimes.

Santa should bring us a new CB in quality at least like Radu... even better would be nice.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:31:46 AM by blue-white »

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 11:09:51 AM »

im talking about the situation when wallace tried to dribble past an atalanta player and gave the ball in or right outside the box and he forced strakosha to make another save

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 03:51:25 PM »

im talking about the situation when wallace tried to dribble past an atalanta player and gave the ball in or right outside the box and he forced strakosha to make another save

Hmmm not really his usual thing i'd say, not typical at all.
Maybe he as too much trying to replace Bastos in every way?  :twinkle:    :whistle:

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 06:51:40 PM »

We can blame Bastos-DV-Luliv....but it's hard when you start with 10 players. Marusic is the worst player(after Sculli) that I saw playing for us.
 The guy dont know to cross
 Dont know to follow his player in defense
 Dont know to use the space
 Dont cover his position....
 And this leaves us with Parolo-DV-Bastos out of their positions. Simply-for one player....
 I understand that Marusic have same agent like Sergej, but I cant understand why we dont use the other ways to promote him :
 - Starter in easy matches(assist)...
 - "Injury" for heavy clashes
 Bastos made mistake, after that Wallace made it....our defenders are forced to get back ball to Strakosha becouse Marusic isnt there to took the ball in his role. 35-45 meters distance !!!-for what ?
 Great match from Alberto-SMS-Leiva-Strakosha.
 DV-Lulic-Radu-Parolo did their homework.
 Caicedo good assist- not a Ciro level.
 Sadly, we could won this one bur Berisha made a great save after Leiva shot.
 Run for result create us a problems.
 I hope I would not see subs in style : Leiva out( Lucas must stay in field).
 Parolo-Radu-Lulic are players that Simone need to sub and try with 4 men defense when we play for all or nothing.
 Motm-Alberto ( SMS had a great first but not perfect second half)....
 Flop of the match - Marusic.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 07:57:38 PM »

Hmmm not really his usual thing i'd say, not typical at all.
Maybe he as too much trying to replace Bastos in every way?  :twinkle:    :whistle:

Well he gave up a derby goal that way...i think wallace is  more suitable for the central defender role, because he is tall and not that agile, while bastos and radu are shorter, but have more agility and are better 1v1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4