Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Back to basics  (Read 585 times)

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Back to basics
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:52:30 PM »

After tonights game, I wonder if Inzaghi needs to think about to change tactics and move back to a 4 man defence. Bastos is a security risk just like Mauricio was, I don't think Wallace is much better so what about Basta-Radu-De Vrij-Lulic/Lukaku defence. 22 goals and 6 last two gamed aint get us a CL place and with Cecares with us in January who can play on LB I think it would be a more stabile solution. What do you think?

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Back to basics
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:57:28 PM »

I don't think it's as simple as looking at the tactic.

First goal: Marusic and Bastos both missed the header that gave the Atalanta player a free chance at goal

Second goal: I can't even explain wtf happened, but the back line got so confused with each others' movement that they left Radu alone with two Atalanta strikers while Atalanta were building up play.

Third goal: I don't know what the hell Bastos was thinking. Can someone explain it to me?

My point is that these goals we conceded didn't have anything to do with the formation, they were individual errors by our defenders and could just as well have happened in another type of tactic. If we want to avoid nights like this we need to get better players. For example Bastos isn't going to be a better defender because we change the formation suddenly.

It's not the tactic that will prevent us from getting a CL spot at the end of the season, it's players like Bastos, Lulic, Marusic etc.

edit: One thing I forgot. A change in tactic might help us create more chances though. Like my only issue with 3-5-1-1 is that I think we don't have the players to play this tactic. Our wingbacks are not on a level that is needed to do well. The only reason it's worked is because Luis Alberto has been playing well above what anyone expected. Way too much pressure on one player if you ask me..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:59:59 PM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 11:15:27 PM »

^^ it was DV who missed the header, stupid tackle by bastos, but from that position i dont think gomez would have missed...none the less stupid tackle, but that was his only mistake

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 11:20:25 PM »

https://streamable.com/p66i8

Watch what's going on in the box when Atalanta is creating this goal. De Vrij moves to the side of the box to make sure the Atalanta nr 10 is under pressure..Bastos and Marusic now just have to keep an eye on one Atalanta player (Caldara).

Watch how both of them have zero idea where Caldara is, they aren't even keeping their eye on him. Both of them missed the header and neither of them bothered to check his movement. That's fuc king awful defending.

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 11:24:13 PM »

my mistake i thought its dv missing the header

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 11:26:41 PM »

I've gotten confused myself previously because the numbers are hard to spot on the home shirt.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 11:30:33 PM »

I always favour a 4 man backline but only when having the defensive duo to handle it on all occassion and fullbacks who cover good enough. 

Our midfield and attacking roster more or less screams for a variable 4-3-3 type utilizing Alberto, Anderson, Ciro & Sergej.  But our defence isn't solid enough.

With 3 man at the back our defence should be solid enough with Wallace-De Vrij- Radu.  But having that formation should give us profit with our wingers in midfield, and when that doesn't show there's doubt of course.

If we add to the defenceroster in january and don't sell that would mean to me Inzaghi won't be changing.  At least not his starting formation each game.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 11:34:58 PM »

I think it all points to bastos. I like the guy, but in a 3 men defense you need solid defenders. And he is very undisciplined. He is losing his positiin and man and needs support from others to cover. I actually think that Marusic is not bad but he is dragged down by Bastos making so many mistakes. Hell, Hoedt was way more solid. But then Wallace comes in and you get that crap...

I was also a bit dissapointed with Inzaghi who waited till min 70 to bring Felipe in. Bastos was a liability but Felipe for Bastos immediatelly after the 3-2 with a switch to 433 might have work better.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 11:44:39 PM »

I was also a bit dissapointed with Inzaghi who waited till min 70 to bring Felipe in. Bastos was a liability but Felipe for Bastos immediatelly after the 3-2 with a switch to 433 might have work better.

I was hoping for that as well, agree fully.  It's a switch that forces an opponent to adjust a lot at once and that's how can make a difference in the end.  And again subbing Leiva and giving up the upperhand in midfield.  It proved wrong 3 times before and Inzaghi already said twice before he wouldn't try that again, yet tonight he did it again.   :roll_eyes:

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 11:52:07 PM »

much better thread than the infamous coward thread  :whistle:

anyway, cant remember inzaghi ever using 4 man defense before, so a bit unlikely he start using it now
Pages: [1] 2 3