Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Back to basics  (Read 595 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Back to basics
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 12:00:14 AM »

much better thread than the infamous coward thread  :whistle:

anyway, cant remember inzaghi ever using 4 man defense before, so a bit unlikely he start using it now

Not from the start but the 2nd half at Vitesse and near the end in the derby.
That's all for this season for now.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 09:09:34 AM »

Right side is most vulnerable with the trio of Bastos Marusic and Parolo. This is an imminent problem which as some said has already costed us many points. At this stage, it doesn't feel like we're going to spend enough to plug the hole since CL is not an easily achievable objective, and we might settle with what we have to finish with Europa. Then most likely half of the stars would go and even more decreasing our quality.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 09:10:32 AM »

changing tactic would not be the right thing. 4 men defense would limit us in the way we play in the midfield!!!!

The point is easy - i speak since over 2 years that we need new better CBs. .... Tare will have to work in summer on that, because in the winter i guess we will not get real upgrades!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »

changing tactic would not be the right thing. 4 men defense would limit us in the way we play in the midfield!!!!

The point is easy - i speak since over 2 years that we need new better CBs. .... Tare will have to work in summer on that, because in the winter i guess we will not get real upgrades!

Agree. We've a game in hand and yet conceded twice as many goals as Napoli. We're on course to concede 50+ goals as we have done in the last two seasons. Despite changing system and some personnel, we still concede far too many goals.

But we're also scoring a lot more in attack despite Keita leaving and Anderson being hurt all season. Unless Inzaghi feels Luis Alberto is one of the best players in the world and has single-handedly transformed our attack, or that SMS and Immobile have improved into world-beaters, we have to believe the system has been the key to the general improvement in attack.

In which case, we have to change defensive personnel. Huge gamble to change a system that has made people believe in Champions League football and/or a Scudetto push. Less of a gamble to look at Bastos, Marusic etc. and think 'maybe someone else in there would be better'.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »

i feel something got broken in the course of the championship. the tactic clearly worked against juve...something else is wrong

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 08:22:12 PM »

i feel something got broken in the course of the championship. the tactic clearly worked against juve...something else is wrong

Different opponents require different approaches. We've seen this troughout the season.
We can't play others like Juve, it wouldn't work.

Like yesterday, due to being without Ciro it required our attacking midfield be higher and surround Caicedo, leaving more space in front of our defence. 

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 10:55:02 PM »

I feel like these kinds of threads pop up every time we lose.
We have won 10 of 16 games and only lost 3, but already people are talking about broken systems and changing this that and the other.

We're not going to win 38 games a season, and the players reacted well yesterday to recuperate what were essentially goals given away by individual mistakes, and we scored 3 well made goals despite missing our main striker. I'm not calling a crisis just yet.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 11:51:47 PM »

Nothing is broken. We went to one very good team away from home, at stadium where Lazio had won 8 times in history and squad managed to take point from one seemingly lost situation and relapse in second half. That's presence of balls.

We need to tweak 3-5-2 a bit more depending on our opponent but if you think that Inzaghi is going to change system after yesterday you need to hear what he said post-match. Our personnel is bigger problem than system.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 11:53:32 PM »

Nothing is broken. We went to one very good team away from home, at stadium where Lazio had won 8 times in history and squad managed to take point from one seemingly lost situation and relapse in second half. That's presence of balls.

We need to tweak 3-5-2 a bit more depending on our opponent but if you think that Inzaghi is going to change system after yesterday you need to hear what he said post-match. Our personnel is bigger problem than system.

What did he say?

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 05:08:35 AM »

^^ it was DV who missed the header, stupid tackle by bastos, but from that position i dont think gomez would have missed...none the less stupid tackle, but that was his only mistake

We were really lucky the referee didn't send Bastos off. We conceded the goal anyway. That was a stupid challenge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3