Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Back to basics  (Read 586 times)

campiador

• Aquilotto
Re: Back to basics
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 05:10:13 AM »

^^ it was DV who missed the header, stupid tackle by bastos, but from that position i dont think gomez would have missed...none the less stupid tackle, but that was his only mistake

No. Marusic missed the header.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 07:39:29 AM »

I feel like these kinds of threads pop up every time we lose.
We have won 10 of 16 games and only lost 3, but already people are talking about broken systems and changing this that and the other.

We're not going to win 38 games a season, and the players reacted well yesterday to recuperate what were essentially goals given away by individual mistakes, and we scored 3 well made goals despite missing our main striker. I'm not calling a crisis just yet.
We didn't lose so.
I am not saying we are in any crises but as someone posted, you need 3 top defenders to pull 3 man defence off and I don't feel we have that. Like Luis Alberto said, it's not right to score three goals and not win. For me, the weakest links in that system is Bastos and Marusic, while even Wallace ain't no security. We'll see what will hapoen in next games.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 11:08:38 AM »

the fact that frustrates me the most is that prior to the first goal, we sat and waited while atalanta was passing the ball around like barcelona for 10 minutes and when we equalised, instead of using the momentum and push for a winner, which was definately up for grabs, we couldn't make the last push

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 05:08:18 PM »

Nothing is broken. We went to one very good team away from home, at stadium where Lazio had won 8 times in history and squad managed to take point from one seemingly lost situation and relapse in second half. That's presence of balls.

We need to tweak 3-5-2 a bit more depending on our opponent but if you think that Inzaghi is going to change system after yesterday you need to hear what he said post-match. Our personnel is bigger problem than system.

What did he say?

Mainly applauded Atalanta for their plays and said how defense couldn't do much more to fix ongoing problem during match.

Ironically, from yesterday media talking like he's thinking of changing to 4-3-2-1, with view to put Anderson back in lineup, but somebody will likely to be sacrificed. Appears that Alberto is now unmovable member of lineup and Lulic - as obvious victim of system change - is captain and I don't think that Inzaghi ever thought during course of season to bench Lulic. If we going to change, that would mean Bastos out, De Vrij - Radu central pairing, Lulic on left and Basta back in lineup on Marusic's expense.

But I don't know when that will happen.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: 1 2 [3]