Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Coppa Italia: Lazio Fiorentina, Tuesday, 26-12-2017  (Read 1212 times)

LaziAli

• LF Mods
  • Maestrelli son's
Coppa Italia: Lazio Fiorentina, Tuesday, 26-12-2017
« on: December 23, 2017, 02:26:06 PM »

:offlag: :offlag: :offlag:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:59:21 PM by LaziAli »
Unity in Diversity

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Coppa Italia: Lazio Fiorentina, Tuesday, 26-12-2017
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »

First signes from Formello :

Strakosha / Wallace-De Vrij-radu / Marusic-Parolo-Leiva-Milinkovic-Lulic / Anderson-Immobile

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 03:54:34 PM »

Strakosha / Wallace-De Vrij-radu / Marusic-Parolo-Leiva-Milinkovic-Lulic / Anderson-Immobile

Personally, our strongest team. Alberto has been amazing, but for me Anderson just has to start.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 04:38:39 PM »

Personally, our strongest team. Alberto has been amazing, but for me Anderson just has to start.

Very true, our strongest team. 
As good and important as Alberto has been he's not in intended starting 11. 
It's cruel but it's the luxuary we have now.
Wich is great because it means we'll always have adequate fit decisive player ready for the next game.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 04:46:13 PM »

What about Wallace? He looks like a liability.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 05:26:27 PM »

Don't know who i would prefer otherwise with all defenders fit.  We all know Bastos is the new Mauricio and Patric (as well as he has tried to perform) isn't a real CB, lacking the posture and natural instinct.  I would agree that Wallace hasn't been looking that good yet but he hasn't played in a while before.  We shouldn't forget that before his injury he was solid.  In the Supercoppa Juve was trying like hell on the right side in the 2nd half but they were hitting a wall called Wallace time after time.  On a good day he's a huge asset.  Obviously he's much more a central CB then a wide CB with 3 men but it is how it is with our current roster.  He was attracted before there's was any tought of using a 3 man defence and very possibly to play with De Vrij and most likely to replace him later on as well. 

If or when De Vrij leaves i'd be pro to put him on that position, it would do him much more justice.  Tall, reasonably composed, not to agressive or to quickly in panic mode.  It might turn out nicely.  Wallace is very good in clearing the ball high, something that De Vrij has made quit a few mishaps with in the past.  It's something of huge importance on that position.  A strong defender that doesn't panic, keeps the play simple and is good in the air. 

Then replace Bastos instead of De Vrij with a new talent.  An understudy for Caceres and Radu, more fitting for such a role. 

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 05:29:59 PM »

I want this Coppa so bad as I want Europa League.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 06:26:28 PM »

Silverware is silverware for a club like ours, they are all important.
But if choice was an option i'd just go insane if i saw our boys lift the EL trophy.

Another Coppa is great but we have a few and outside of Italy nobody cares or even knows.
Scudetto of course is the topprize but let's be realistic and don't even mention Lazio as a candidate.
Winning the EL would put the club on the map again.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 08:23:42 PM »

Silverware is silverware for a club like ours, they are all important.
But if choice was an option i'd just go insane if i saw our boys lift the EL trophy.

Another Coppa is great but we have a few and outside of Italy nobody cares or even knows.
Scudetto of course is the topprize but let's be realistic and don't even mention Lazio as a candidate.
Winning the EL would put the club on the map again.

Coppa is realistic, EL is not beyond the realms of possibility though. A win and we are a Champions League team again, simple.

My immediate dream is to see Lazio in the Champions League again. 2007 is way too long ago, and I was too young then to be able to see any of the matches. Thus, I have never seen Lazio play in the CL. That's what I want next season.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 09:30:11 PM »

Don't know who i would prefer otherwise with all defenders fit.  We all know Bastos is the new Mauricio and Patric (as well as he has tried to perform) isn't a real CB, lacking the posture and natural instinct.  I would agree that Wallace hasn't been looking that good yet but he hasn't played in a while before.  We shouldn't forget that before his injury he was solid.  In the Supercoppa Juve was trying like hell on the right side in the 2nd half but they were hitting a wall called Wallace time after time.  On a good day he's a huge asset.  Obviously he's much more a central CB then a wide CB with 3 men but it is how it is with our current roster.  He was attracted before there's was any tought of using a 3 man defence and very possibly to play with De Vrij and most likely to replace him later on as well. 

If or when De Vrij leaves i'd be pro to put him on that position, it would do him much more justice.  Tall, reasonably composed, not to agressive or to quickly in panic mode.  It might turn out nicely.  Wallace is very good in clearing the ball high, something that De Vrij has made quit a few mishaps with in the past.  It's something of huge importance on that position.  A strong defender that doesn't panic, keeps the play simple and is good in the air. 

Then replace Bastos instead of De Vrij with a new talent.  An understudy for Caceres and Radu, more fitting for such a role.

That's true, he hasn't played in a while. He would probably do much better in the CB position.

I still think that Leiva is our best defender. I really never liked him before he came to Lazio and I thought he was a shit player but he's far from it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6