Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Coppa Italia: Lazio – Fiorentina, Tuesday, 26-12-2017  (Read 1214 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Coppa Italia: Lazio – Fiorentina, Tuesday, 26-12-2017
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »

I want this Coppa so bad as I want Europa League.

Silverware is silverware for a club like ours, they are all important.
But if choice was an option i'd just go insane if i saw our boys lift the EL trophy.

Another Coppa is great but we have a few and outside of Italy nobody cares or even knows.
Scudetto of course is the topprize but let's be realistic and don't even mention Lazio as a candidate.
Winning the EL would put the club on the map again.

Coppa is realistic, EL is not beyond the realms of possibility though. A win and we are a Champions League team again, simple.

My immediate dream is to see Lazio in the Champions League again. 2007 is way too long ago, and I was too young then to be able to see any of the matches. Thus, I have never seen Lazio play in the CL. That's what I want next season.

It's where the money is of course.  It would be easy income for Lazio but for the rest i'm rather disgusted by the whole CL happening.  Besides the money we would be getting there's not much to be gained sportswise.  Maybe only with a doable group in the first round or one great result against a big name.  I fully understand the fans waiting for this but personally for the tournament itself with Lazio i'm not really waiting on that.  If we'd move up another level, that's something else.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 10:01:15 PM »

What about Wallace? He looks like a liability.

Don't know who i would prefer otherwise with all defenders fit.  We all know Bastos is the new Mauricio and Patric (as well as he has tried to perform) isn't a real CB, lacking the posture and natural instinct.  I would agree that Wallace hasn't been looking that good yet but he hasn't played in a while before.  We shouldn't forget that before his injury he was solid.  In the Supercoppa Juve was trying like hell on the right side in the 2nd half but they were hitting a wall called Wallace time after time.  On a good day he's a huge asset.  Obviously he's much more a central CB then a wide CB with 3 men but it is how it is with our current roster.  He was attracted before there's was any tought of using a 3 man defence and very possibly to play with De Vrij and most likely to replace him later on as well. 

If or when De Vrij leaves i'd be pro to put him on that position, it would do him much more justice.  Tall, reasonably composed, not to agressive or to quickly in panic mode.  It might turn out nicely.  Wallace is very good in clearing the ball high, something that De Vrij has made quit a few mishaps with in the past.  It's something of huge importance on that position.  A strong defender that doesn't panic, keeps the play simple and is good in the air. 

Then replace Bastos instead of De Vrij with a new talent.  An understudy for Caceres and Radu, more fitting for such a role.

That's true, he hasn't played in a while. He would probably do much better in the CB position.

I still think that Leiva is our best defender. I really never liked him before he came to Lazio and I thought he was a shit player but he's far from it.

Leiva is fantastic laying deep in front of a defence.  In a defence that's something else imo, not ideal but okay for emergencies.

Inzaghi created the perfect role for him here, that's also a huge aspect.  Look at Alberto at Liverpool, it's always a matter of being a fit in the style of the team and being supported and believed in.  Ciro at Dortmund or Sevilla, same thing.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »

Don't know who i would prefer otherwise with all defenders fit.  We all know Bastos is the new Mauricio and Patric (as well as he has tried to perform) isn't a real CB, lacking the posture and natural instinct.  I would agree that Wallace hasn't been looking that good yet but he hasn't played in a while before.  We shouldn't forget that before his injury he was solid.  In the Supercoppa Juve was trying like hell on the right side in the 2nd half but they were hitting a wall called Wallace time after time.  On a good day he's a huge asset.  Obviously he's much more a central CB then a wide CB with 3 men but it is how it is with our current roster.  He was attracted before there's was any tought of using a 3 man defence and very possibly to play with De Vrij and most likely to replace him later on as well. 

If or when De Vrij leaves i'd be pro to put him on that position, it would do him much more justice.  Tall, reasonably composed, not to agressive or to quickly in panic mode.  It might turn out nicely.  Wallace is very good in clearing the ball high, something that De Vrij has made quit a few mishaps with in the past.  It's something of huge importance on that position.  A strong defender that doesn't panic, keeps the play simple and is good in the air. 

Then replace Bastos instead of De Vrij with a new talent.  An understudy for Caceres and Radu, more fitting for such a role.

That's true, he hasn't played in a while. He would probably do much better in the CB position.

I still think that Leiva is our best defender. I really never liked him before he came to Lazio and I thought he was a shit player but he's far from it.

Leiva is fantastic laying deep in front of a defence.  In a defence that's something else imo, not ideal but okay for emergencies.

Inzaghi created the perfect role for him here, that's also a huge aspect.  Look at Alberto at Liverpool, it's always a matter of being a fit in the style of the team and being supported and believed in.  Ciro at Dortmund or Sevilla, same thing.

Of course, that's what I meant. He is doing an amazing job helping them out. When he is on the field I feel much safer.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 11:15:20 PM »

Of course, that's what I meant. He is doing an amazing job helping them out. When he is on the field I feel much safer.

Oh me too, simply chaotic at times without him.

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 12:08:28 AM »

I want this Coppa so bad as I want Europa League.

Silverware is silverware for a club like ours, they are all important.
But if choice was an option i'd just go insane if i saw our boys lift the EL trophy.

Another Coppa is great but we have a few and outside of Italy nobody cares or even knows.
Scudetto of course is the topprize but let's be realistic and don't even mention Lazio as a candidate.
Winning the EL would put the club on the map again.

Coppa is realistic, EL is not beyond the realms of possibility though. A win and we are a Champions League team again, simple.

My immediate dream is to see Lazio in the Champions League again. 2007 is way too long ago, and I was too young then to be able to see any of the matches. Thus, I have never seen Lazio play in the CL. That's what I want next season.

Yes, long ago and pretty proudless , beside Pandevs draeing against Madrista...

I was in Bremen against Werder... toothless. The fans had the best Performance 😉

I believe in triple as long as I can  :supsmile: :winner: just kidding, not?  :what:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 12:12:05 AM by Don »
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 01:22:35 AM »

First, not our strongest team. I think if we replace FA with Marusic, then we can play Alberto as SS.
Now that'd be our strongest team.

Regarding CL. Just qualifying in it takes us to a next level in every aspect. Top players would be interested in moving to a CL team. Remember when Honda dumped us when he realized we weren't qualified for CL? So CL qualification is not just playing 6-10 games or some cash, it is about higher prestige that allows development.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 06:56:24 AM »

I'll rather win Coppa or EL then playing some games in the CL. Silverware is silverware after all. And we and merda have 14 titles each, would love to beat them there aswell.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »

First, not our strongest team. I think if we replace FA with Marusic, then we can play Alberto as SS.
Now that'd be our strongest team.

Logically, LA is the player that Anderson should be replacing if anybody. Personally, I think yes, but I also understand if people rather stick with Alberto. I'm good with either, I just think that Anderson can unlock the more defensive teams (ie. 70% of the teams we play) better than Alberto, and vice versa.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:35:21 AM by stefano_40 »
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »

The probable line up from LLSN for Fiorentina is without Sportiello, Benassi and Simeone which makes me wonder if Piolo doesn’t care about the Coppa and only focuses on the Serie A.
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »

The probable line up from LLSN for Fiorentina is without Sportiello, Benassi and Simeone which makes me wonder if Piolo doesn’t care about the Coppa and only focuses on the Serie A.

But playing without Simeone doesn't make a weaker Viola imo, on the contrary, Babacar and Thereau in front with an adjusted 3412 to face us seems much more dangerous to me.
They were rather toothless with the 433 against us beford, hence the possible change.  Pioli will go all in.
Chiesa on tha rightwing, it's not going to be a walkover.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6