Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Serie A : Internazionale FC - SS Lazio 0-0 , 30/12/2017  (Read 1637 times)

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Serie A : Internazionale FC - SS Lazio 0-0 , 30/12/2017
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2017, 05:51:47 AM »

We played a good game with better chances, but way too poor at the execution. No doubt Handanovic is a great keeper who guarded the posts well and stopped us from winning, but nonetheless Strakosha did a equally well job. Bastos shows what he always is, good when defending dribbles but can't mark the right person.

Our attacking players aren't clicking well and Immobile is having problems with understanding what through balls the midfield is trying to feed him. Crosses won't work either when Ciro is heavily marked and SMS is not really in the area. SMS didn't push up yesterday, which leaves our attacking options thin, and with a constant crowded Inter defense, we strived hard to create clear cut chances. FA definitely carved out the defense for a few times, but he is visibly tired by the end of the game already and couldn't give everything he should have.

Leiva is really good at his position, his passing should be used more on build up, he is as accurate as Biglia and his timing is good also, unlike some of delay it too often for no good reason.

A point is acceptable given we're away against one of the top teams, top 4 is still within reach for now.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »

Parolo-Leiva impresed me,especially in the last 30 min....
 Sadly FA blowed a great chance after Ciro assist.
 DV blocked Icardi in the last min-could coast us....but great reaction from de vrij.
 Motm-parolo(leiva)-i voted marco this time.

Agent Orange

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »

edit: One thing I forgot to add. I'm getting tired of seeing Bastos playing. Another match, another huge error. Only a miracle save by Strakosha saved his ass. What does Inzaghi see in him?

I have to disagree, i think Bastos did a very good match, yes sometimes there comes an error but he has adapted to the Serie A far better then Wallace has. I was about to vote for him as man of the match but the vote fell on Strakosha.
Forza Lazio!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 03:57:35 PM »

I agree Bastos deserves credit after Fiorentina & Inter.  Inzaghi clearly had a good word with him since he very much avoided fysical contact in the box since Atalanta.  But it doesn't change the fact that he will leave his man free at least once every game because he simply cannot read the attack.  We could have lost because of that at San Siro last night in a game we only deserved to win.  Luckely Strakosha had one of his topreflexes. 

He was on at Inter because Inzaghi needed speed to keep track on Perisic.  With Wallace, Marusic would have needed to track back much more then needed and it would have taken the edge of our attack. 

----------------------------------------

Anyhow with this it's a nice reminder that we haven't conceded a goal in the last 3 games.
It's been very visable that the team has been much more compact in the back since Atalanta. 
The pressing up front was much lesser then before as the team fall back with the entire group in defence very quickly.  They did before as well but lately it's been much more obvious imo.
It feels like Inzaghi is adjusting in that area.  I'm really not against that since i don't require wins with 4 or 5 goals difference.  A bunch of 1-0/2-0 wins is perfectly fine by me, and a draw always better then a loss.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »

Bastos is good at man marking which is good for stopping dribblers, but missing someone in the box when not even being outnumbered is someone really not acceptable. He costed us a lot of points for recklessness and he knows his mistake. We would find it hard to be top 4 with defense like that.

Compare him to Radu, who is not quick and easily dribbled through, not really good at blocking crosses also as Radu doesn't close down space when facing wingers. But Radu didn't concede so many goals on his side simply because he has better positioning and reading the game. Comparing the 2 sides, right is still more vulnerable and that shows his true worth. I do hope he improves though then he can be a reliable defender.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 05:26:19 PM »

The fact Bastos' general play is more than decent is immaterial. Against Juventus, he put them in a winning position by chasing after Asamoah when it was completely the wrong thing to do, he made the mistakes that gave 1927 the Derby and last night, he gave Perisic a free opportunity to give Inter the advantage.

At the level we aspire to be at - Champions League worthy - Bastos doesn't cut it. Maybe Wallace and Patric don't either, but the problem is that I can only point to one mistake from each this season whereas I've about 10 good examples of why Bastos shouldn't be in the Lazio team.

Another point I want to make. Giacomelli is corrupt when he doesn't blow the whistle after Immobile blasts the ball off Iago Falque's hand, but Rocchi goes to VAR and changes his mind when the ball hits both of Skriniar's arms, and he's the best performer on the pitch? Inzaghi was right to allude to this after the game and I don't understand what a handball is anymore or what VAR was supposed to be in the first place.

I'm disappointed. Hard to fault the boys when we had the better of the game and the chances, but after Inter came into the game carrying a losing streak and plenty of fatigue, I expected a little bit more. And honestly, if we want to finish in the Top 4, we need to do a little bit more in these games.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 05:32:19 PM »

It was Marusic that allowed Perisic that free header, if that's the opportunity you're referring to.

Another point I want to make. Giacomelli is corrupt when he doesn't blow the whistle after Immobile blasts the ball off Iago Falque's hand, but Rocchi goes to VAR and changes his mind when the ball hits both of Skriniar's arms, and he's the best performer on the pitch? Inzaghi was right to allude to this after the game and I don't understand what a handball is anymore or what VAR was supposed to be in the first place.

Fully agree
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 06:25:40 PM »

I can only assume that because the ball hit first his leg and then bounced up to his arm, it was determined that there wasnt anything he could reasonably do to avoid it and so it wasnt penalty worthy.

I dont know what the actual rule is, I know that there is no longer such a thing as "intentional" or "unintentional" handball, and so that implies if it touches your arm at any point its a foul, but I also think there should be (if there isnt already) a bit of common sense allowed.

If a player makes no attempt to move his arm, then fair enough, but if it deflects into you and there isnt reasonably time to move then what can you do? Would be harsh to give it.

I think VAR is massively overused in Serie A though. Its as if the referees are not using it as an aid, but instead using it to replace themselves when they dont have the balls to make a decision themselves.

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 06:37:33 PM »

I dont think that it was a penalty. Even Inzaghi admitted that it wasn't a penalty, he just said that he is frustrated with the use of VAR.
we breathe LAZIO

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 04:20:31 AM »

I dont think that it was a penalty. Even Inzaghi admitted that it wasn't a penalty, he just said that he is frustrated with the use of VAR.

and boy he's not the only one  :beer:

really wonder what would happen next season with VAR, more improvement is a must (if FIGC still carry on, which I believe they will)

back to game, I believe Strakosha save us a point here, at first I thought he make his save more than is looks like as usual (thank you cathal  :fingerup: )  but the reply show (at least) one particularly excellent top notch save  :bravo:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5