Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Serie A : Internazionale FC - SS Lazio 0-0 , 30/12/2017  (Read 1737 times)

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : Internazionale FC - SS Lazio 0-0 , 30/12/2017
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 05:52:43 AM »

Appears that doesn't exist rule for use of VAR regarding Lazio. Or main ref and VAR ref simply don't give slightest **** when Lazio need to be in mix.

VAR may be used only for "obvious error" of main ref. There we came to first problem with VAR - what's "obvious error"? Nobody defined that so it becoming interpreted very freely - it depends on pure will of VAR referee and then depends on lability of main ref. In that calamity of two (main) refs, we're regularly getting away with ass spanked with misuses.

"Obvious error" to me is something that main ref couldn't saw in real time and - if he saw it - his decision would be different and outcome of action wouldn't be like it was real time. Then we see VAR called in for Pezzella's dangerous play on Caicedo which Massa had saw from good position real time - after (irregular) call of VAR penalty assigned. Two rules wrongly applied in space of thirty seconds.
Then we see yesterday Rocchi calling for penalty from good position to see action - VAR called in and suddenly Rocchi changed decision. How VAR can be called in at all?

And then we see Giacomelli doesn't calling for penalty for Iago Falque's handball - and VAR (rightfully) not called in to intervene because Jack O Melly was in perfect position to see everybody and showed for game to continue. But there problem is with O Melly's good faith.

And then came Mertens who kept ball in arms like mothers hold infants - ref didn't saw situation clearly - but VAR genius stay intact. Or VAR confirming offside goal for rats against SPAL.

For general impression of refereeing of this match - for first time in more than 15 years of following top football competitions I saw linesman calling for offside after throw in, like second assistant of Rocchi did it last night.

It is calamity of incompetence and bad faith.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:58:43 AM by Crni Đorđe »
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 10:52:08 AM »

On the call of handball in this match, I think it's fair. Rocchi saw the handball and stopped the play, had doubts and went to VAR to see it for himself, and cleared the confusion by seeing the whole of events. Inter went for the ball with his feet and it is a fair block with no unnatural outstretched arms and by no means the ricochet is voluntary. Fair decision acknowledged by Inzaghi and lazio fans. That's how VAR should be used.

On giacomelli's call, whatever he thinks, he did not attempt to clear any confusion, that can only be because of corruption or he's in an extreme hurry to end the game to go to toilet. I assume it's corruption than toilet. The defender has unnecessary open arms that could interfere play within the box, that's much more voluntary than not. VAR was not used when should have been. Messed up decision acknowledged by everyone including neutrals and the other team's president.

I don't expect we gaining excessive advantage after being deprived, but we are indeed severely hurt, and we could've been 3rd if not for those games.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »

Marusic was staying and leaving Perusic a free header ....Bastos !
 Seems like Bastos will be always guilty for every Marusic mistake.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2018, 07:41:50 PM »

It's very hard to say who is to blame for the Perisic's chance because our whole defence is in chaos! Radu is in right back position! De Vrij has taken Bastos' position as a right CB, Bastos is taking de Vrij's position as a central CB and Lulic is covering Radu's absence. And finally Sergej is helping the defence because he notices that Perisic is free but kinda leaves his man to the defenders. There is clear communication problems and decision problems who should mark who and who should stay where.

I think Bastos is doing fine, considering de Vrij has taken his position and then he has to mark Icardi in middle being the solely CB there. De Vrij should notice Perisic and mark him, he does not. Lulic is marking Candreva. Sergej should either mark Perisic the whole time or make sure de Vrij falls back and takes Perisic. I would question why the **** is Radu there, where he is? Imo he is the biggest reason why our defence was in chaos. Also de Vrij was a bit too far doing nothing and basically leaving Perisic, Icardi and Candreva for Bastos, Lulic and Sergej which doesn't sound too ideal when you have 3 CBs in your tactic. Luckily it didn't cost us this time.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2018, 08:20:20 PM »

It's very hard to say who is to blame for the Perisic's chance because our whole defence is in chaos! Radu is in right back position! De Vrij has taken Bastos' position as a right CB, Bastos is taking de Vrij's position as a central CB and Lulic is covering Radu's absence. And finally Sergej is helping the defence because he notices that Perisic is free but kinda leaves his man to the defenders. There is clear communication problems and decision problems who should mark who and who should stay where.

I think Bastos is doing fine, considering de Vrij has taken his position and then he has to mark Icardi in middle being the solely CB there. De Vrij should notice Perisic and mark him, he does not. Lulic is marking Candreva. Sergej should either mark Perisic the whole time or make sure de Vrij falls back and takes Perisic. I would question why the **** is Radu there, where he is? Imo he is the biggest reason why our defence was in chaos. Also de Vrij was a bit too far doing nothing and basically leaving Perisic, Icardi and Candreva for Bastos, Lulic and Sergej which doesn't sound too ideal when you have 3 CBs in your tactic. Luckily it didn't cost us this time.

Radu ends up at right-back because he has to track Icardi's run as the pass evades de Vrij. de Vrij picks up Perisic in Bastos' absence. As Bastos returns, de Vrij asks him to mark Perisic. Bastos does this for about a second and then decides to mark Candreva instead and asks SMS to mark Perisic. SMS doesn't do it and Strakosha ends up having to make a save.

You could blame any player; de Vrij could've done better with Icardi's run, Leiva could've tracked Perisic in the first place, SMS could've actually market up Perisic later in the move etc.

But they are all adapting to a situation which occurs largely because (a) Bastos is so concerned with Valero, Inter are able to get both Icardi and Perisic in behind him and (b) when the situation is coming under control later, Bastos makes a call to mark the less dangerous attacker.

In these situations, the difference between Radu and de Vrij and Bastos is obvious - Radu and de Vrij immediately saw where the danger lay while Bastos, even with time, didn't see it.

eleven

• Aquilotto
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 08:28:32 PM »

The way i see it, the moment before the cross for Perisic, De Vrij and SMS are most guilty for not marking him, seconds before the cross De Vrij is alone not looking to see what happens around him and SMS stays with Perisic and then just let's him go. 

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 10:13:48 AM »

The way i see it, the moment before the cross for Perisic, De Vrij and SMS are most guilty for not marking him, seconds before the cross De Vrij is alone not looking to see what happens around him and SMS stays with Perisic and then just let's him go.

de Vrij is alone because he has instructed Bastos to mark Perisic and he turns around to make sure everyone is marked up and sees SMS marking Perisic and Bastos marking Vecino, so he focuses on trying to make the clearance or interception. The organisation breaks down when SMS decides he doesn't want to mark Perisic and that leads to the danger.

But this confusion comes about because players have had to take up different positions and that's squarely on Bastos not doing his job earlier in the situation. Bastos as RCB is either tasked with man marking Perisic or zonal marking Inter's left flank where Icardi, Perisic or Valero are well positioned to strike. And if you go to 1:14 in the highlights video, Bastos is staring at Borja Valero and missing the fact that Icardi and Perisic are in behind him. That's inexcusable at this level.

Inter - Lazio 0-0 - Highlights - Giornata 19 - Serie A TIM 2017/18

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 11:28:28 AM »

Now that I watched this highlight it makes more sense why Radu is there. And I just assumed it was Icardi in middle while it was Vecino, my bad, should have checked better.

Personally I think that's good counter from Spalletti. He must have scouted our team and have noticed that Marusic is quite attacking player who sucks at defending. They clearly see that Marusic is pressing and Bastos is covering the space Marusic lefts behind. But a long ball towards the space behind Bastos and things got really tricky for us. I think it was a trained tactic even though I'm not sure if they did it more than once.

It's always situations like these that are the most dangerous, situations where the players need to adapt and change positions on the fly. And like said, you can argue that every player had something to blame for and you can't say it's solely someone's fault. I only checked the highlights to answer to phantomm1976 who blamed Marusic while he was nowhere near when Perisic got the ball (unless he means some other situation).
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 11:56:34 AM »

Personally I think that's good counter from Spalletti. He must have scouted our team and have noticed that Marusic is quite attacking player who sucks at defending. They clearly see that Marusic is pressing and Bastos is covering the space Marusic lefts behind. But a long ball towards the space behind Bastos and things got really tricky for us. I think it was a trained tactic even though I'm not sure if they did it more than once.

It's always situations like these that are the most dangerous, situations where the players need to adapt and change positions on the fly. And like said, you can argue that every player had something to blame for and you can't say it's solely someone's fault.

It is a good counter-attack, and there's no doubt in my mind opposition managers are looking at Bastos and Marusic and see a weakness to exploit. And yes, no one person is 100% at fault.

But in watching the situation in full, it's easy for me to understand what's going on and justify the actions of certain players. Radu has to cover Icardi, de Vrij has to cover Perisic until Bastos is in position, Lulic has to cover Candreva while also keeping an eye on Vecino until someone slots back to help there and Leiva is entitled to focus on Valero - who is technically his man - and assume Bastos will take care of Perisic.

What goes wrong is simple: de Vrij thinks Bastos is covering Perisic, Bastos thinks SMS is covering Perisic and SMS thinks de Vrij and/or Bastos is covering Perisic - and no one ends up covering Perisic. And that's a communication problem with the three in essence.

But for me, Perisic is Bastos' man. Bastos should cover him when the counter begins. He should do so again when de Vrij asks him to do so. And it's the fact Bastos never covers him that leads to the confusion.

This is just one situation, but you see it all the time with Bastos. He's adapting to a dangerous situation he's helped create when he all he needs to do to recover is to do what he should've been doing in the first place. If he takes Perisic, SMS covers Vecino, Lulic covers Candreva and more likely than not, Strakosha doesn't have to do a thing.

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 12:46:00 PM »

As I see the Situation, SMS is at fault as Bastos is...

SMS for taking that step outside and not being aware of letting 3 attackers against Lulic and Bastos in the penalty area. Bastos for Not asking/ telling him to stay.

But such little lack of awareness wer approaches by attacks and having just that one chance made available and gone through makes it a good def Display against an Inter attack after all..
Don't hate the player, hate the game!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5