Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Serie A : Internazionale FC - SS Lazio 0-0 , 30/12/2017  (Read 1632 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : Internazionale FC - SS Lazio 0-0 , 30/12/2017
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 03:40:42 PM »

It's about a waste of talent if we put Anderson as wing back. Similar with playing Sergej as defensive midfielder or Radu as left wing back in the current formation. They probably could fill those positions, but they wouldnt be as good as in their actual position.

Logically yes, waste of talent.  But it depends how you play.  Honestly the way Inzaghi played out Felipe last season on the right wing in a 4-3-3, with him glued to the right line that was at times indeed a waste of talent to me.  That's more something for a Marusic.

Felipe shined an broke trough at Lazio moving in from the left wing.  The way our 3-5-1-1 works i'd like to see that.  I posted this before but my neighbours Club Brugge are practicly playing thesame in the first season of the new coach Ivan Leko and are heading towards the title with much ease.

He uses exactly thesame type of players like Inzaghi does except he's using 2 strikers and an attacker on the leftwing.  Limbombe had before also been a left attacking winger during his career and had to make the switch to wingback.  Altough switch is a huge word in that case.  He as much high up like before because the LCM and the LCB move to the side constantly and cover the space whenever needed.  Since the, Limbombe has never been more dangerous moving in from the left, giving assists and scoring from distance.  I could really see Felipe doing this for us.  Plus the fact that Felipe is much more defensive minded then a Limbombe.

The crosses come from the right and the dribbles and actions from the left an the LCM.  It's a good combination of both styles.  Certainly better then having both Lukaku and Marusic putting in those crosses wich are mostly ineffective.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:42:28 PM by Evesto »

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2018, 05:04:35 PM »

It's about a waste of talent if we put Anderson as wing back. Similar with playing Sergej as defensive midfielder or Radu as left wing back in the current formation. They probably could fill those positions, but they wouldnt be as good as in their actual position.

Logically yes, waste of talent.  But it depends how you play.  Honestly the way Inzaghi played out Felipe last season on the right wing in a 4-3-3, with him glued to the right line that was at times indeed a waste of talent to me.  That's more something for a Marusic.

Felipe shined an broke trough at Lazio moving in from the left wing.  The way our 3-5-1-1 works i'd like to see that.  I posted this before but my neighbours Club Brugge are practicly playing thesame in the first season of the new coach Ivan Leko and are heading towards the title with much ease.

He uses exactly thesame type of players like Inzaghi does except he's using 2 strikers and an attacker on the leftwing.  Limbombe had before also been a left attacking winger during his career and had to make the switch to wingback.  Altough switch is a huge word in that case.  He as much high up like before because the LCM and the LCB move to the side constantly and cover the space whenever needed.  Since the, Limbombe has never been more dangerous moving in from the left, giving assists and scoring from distance.  I could really see Felipe doing this for us.  Plus the fact that Felipe is much more defensive minded then a Limbombe.

The crosses come from the right and the dribbles and actions from the left an the LCM.  It's a good combination of both styles.  Certainly better then having both Lukaku and Marusic putting in those crosses wich are mostly ineffective.

Am I right in remembering, that FAs worst form was after taking over the No 10 Jersey and playing as the go-to-guy behind striker/attacking winger in a trivial System of Piolis second season...? cause giiving him the ball at the edge of the box is too late for him to use his Speed and nearly every dribble was met by a strong Defender, who stopped his obvious attempts...

And then, like Evesto said was he moved to the right wing (in a 4-3-3 though), having much more def duties, but glanced at recovering balls, outsprinting opposition wingers. And there in those Position he could unleash his skills in Dribbling and Speed and passing to d what makes us soo strong this season... fast Transition on attack / counterattack.

I surely believe he could do that Job great, as it is what Marusic does or has to do. And FA performed. Remember all the chances of runs and crosses Marusic had... Lukaku had.. so whether it is left, or right - FA would shine!

Though he wouldn't be very happy with his def duties for sure. But humble enough to do the Job, as Long as he can contribute and perform. Looking at Marusics stats Show, how danger in scoring/assisting that Position is...

One Problem would be solved in playing SMS, FA, Lulic, LA together  :what: Wow!

But Marusic then is on the bench and as said, he is becoming better and better... Although, we will have enough games this season to swap Lulics and FAs Position and adjust to Opposition weaknesses...
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 05:39:59 PM »

I surely agree that Felipe's strength lies in speed an dribbling, and also long attempts (as how he scored most his goals in the past).  But those skills can also be a huge assest playing around Ciro.

It however depends how you play.  For instance like in the first Coppa derby were he shot in to the box and then served back Sergej to finish.  That's how one uses Felipe in that position.  The thing is of course that kind of skill on the wing can be of huge importance, adding the fact that Alberto & Nani or up for the forward role as well.

Like Don already mentioned, plenty of games to go around.  Personally i would like to see Lulic & Anderson switch up for the left position and Basta & Marusic for the right.

Aside from his assist in the Supercoppa Lukaku hasn't been defining for the team.  People want him in the first team but i don't see any reason why. 

- he's never been a 90min player
- get's the LCB in trouble every game
- hardly ever puts in a real effort
- almost never succeeds in picking out a target to serve from the wing
- loses the ball on the important moments

Just my opinion of course.  I doubt this will be the case but since Inzaghi mentioned recently that Felipe will be on the wing as well on occassion i'm keeping hope.  Maybe after a few chances the coaching staff might see he's a much more dependable player then Lukaku.

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 05:50:20 PM »

I surely agree that Felipe's strength lies in speed an dribbling, and also long attempts (as how he scored most his goals in the past).  But those skills can also be a huge assest playing around Ciro.

I know what you mean. But it takes him like 4-6 seconds to from the edge of our third to the edge of oppositions box  :wow:

As often as Marusic got there very quickly on Counters / recovering balls I don't want to imagine how dangerous FA will be.

The worst Thing we can do, is playing to him passes like to LA: infront of their Defender, Standing... What they are best in , FA is best in being on the run/ with space... That would complement each other very much this season, once they click.

But SPAL will defend deep and try to hurt us on the one to chances they get - hoping for one of us to make that one and only wrong step. Hell, we Need to Keep Bastos on bench for this game!  :rolley:
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2018, 10:28:41 PM »

if I would be Inzaghi, I would start to take a talk to FA and LA. in my opinion, the best thing would be if we can let play both and I'm pretty sure that this would work if we find a way to let them change position on a regular base during a game.
that means... if FA is attacking, LA has to close down the side where FA was positioned first. Same goes for the other way.
I don't know if these 2 players can do it, but I would try this. the system itself would allow this try. Both could cut down the right side.

the other way would be to change the system into a 4 men defense and then 3 midfield player and 2 behind Immobile. but then we would lose one of Parolo or Lulic and in my opinion - this would not be the right move.

so, both in one game could only work to let one play on a wing and they regular change during the game.

...in the end... if LA plays in the same like against Inter in the next game, he will not be a starter in February anymore...

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2018, 12:27:01 PM »

Just noticed this stat on Whoscored:

Aerial Duel Success:
Inter: 63%
Lazio: 37%

This is terrible.

Imagine what would happen if De Vrji plays for Inter instead of us.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 12:33:13 PM by campiador »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]