Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Serie A: S.P.A.L. Lazio, Saturday, 6-01-2018  (Read 1383 times)

LaziAli

• LF Mods
  • Maestrelli son's
Serie A: S.P.A.L. Lazio, Saturday, 6-01-2018
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:13:24 PM »

:offlag: :offlag: :offlag:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:54:57 PM by LaziAli »
Unity in Diversity

drazvan

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: S.P.A.L. Lazio, Saturday, 6-01-2018
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 07:13:12 PM »

Lord Di Gennaro is back for this one so we should be safe!  :supsmile:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 10:34:18 PM »

3 points that cannot be left here.  And SPAL hasn't been easy to crack the latest weeks, won't be easy but i have i'm certain it will happen.

Boksic

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 01:10:20 AM »

Now that De Vrij is more or less gone it would be great if Wallace is tested as CB. If he fails here then there is no better example that we really need to invest in finding a proper substitute.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 01:38:11 AM »

Now that De Vrij is more or less gone it would be great if Wallace is tested as CB. If he fails here then there is no better example that we really need to invest in finding a proper substitute.

Don't think he'll be gone during the break now.  He'll probably extend his contract now and be sold during the summer or if not, leave for free during the summer.  Either way he'll be playing the rest of the season because it would be crazy to not use the best CB we've got.

The only possibility that he leaves this mercato would be if an unrefusable offer arrives for a player end of contract.  And i don't think that's likely.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 10:25:55 AM »

I understand wanting to move on very quickly from de Vrij if he does decide to go elsewhere at the end of the season, but Champions League football is probably worth 30, 40, 50 million more to this Lazio team compared to Europa League football.

If de Vrij is the difference between finishing 4th or 5th - and let's face it, he may well be - then you simply have to turn down all bids for him in January under a certain amount and accept the reality of the situation. And what I think is escaping the attention of most is that Lazio pretty much accepted this reality when they ended the summer transfer window without selling de Vrij. At that point, they decided - consciously or otherwise - that it was better to have de Vrij this season and lose him on a free than try to move him on and replace him.

So there's no doubt in my mind, if fit, de Vrij lines out. I actually think Inzaghi might simply decide to play the same team that lined out against Inter and think about making changes during the winter break. Over those two weeks, I think Inzaghi strongly considers getting Wallace, Basta and Anderson into the XI.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 07:04:48 PM »

So Tagliavento will referee this match  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Boksic

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 07:19:03 PM »

Don't think he'll be gone during the break now.  He'll probably extend his contract now and be sold during the summer or if not, leave for free during the summer.  Either way he'll be playing the rest of the season because it would be crazy to not use the best CB we've got.

The only possibility that he leaves this mercato would be if an unrefusable offer arrives for a player end of contract.  And i don't think that's likely.

I wasn't clear enough here surely, what I meant is that he looks set to be leaving at the end of his contract and such matches are the ideal ones to test Wallace in his (De Vrij's) position without risking points. If Wallace screws these chances up then there is no way we should trust Wallace to take De Vrij's position for the upcoming season.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 07:39:38 PM »

I wasn't clear enough here surely, what I meant is that he looks set to be leaving at the end of his contract and such matches are the ideal ones to test Wallace in his (De Vrij's) position without risking points. If Wallace screws these chances up then there is no way we should trust Wallace to take De Vrij's position for the upcoming season.

I get you, thanks for further explanation. 

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 07:50:29 PM »

Formello.   Basta heading towards the starting role on the rightwing. 
Chance for Lukaku as well possibly as both Marusic and Lulic are in doubt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12