Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Serie A: S.P.A.L. Lazio, Saturday, 6-01-2018  (Read 1388 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: S.P.A.L. Lazio, Saturday, 6-01-2018
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 01:20:49 PM »

Inzaghi tested 4-3-2-1 in training this morning. This could be purely out of necessity as Marusic, Lulic, Lukaku and Patric were not fit to train (Lulic is expected, however, to be absolutely fine come Saturday).

That said, there are rumours that Inzaghi is considering a switch to a back four of Basta, Wallace, de Vrij and Radu to get Anderson in the forward line, and I would assume that this is what he's looking at for SPAL now.

Be interesting to see if we go to 3-5-1-1 with Lulic in training tomorrow or if we'll persist with 4-3-2-1 - it could be a clue to how we'll line up for the rest of the season.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »

Inzaghi tested 4-3-2-1 in training this morning. This could be purely out of necessity as Marusic, Lulic, Lukaku and Patric were not fit to train (Lulic is expected, however, to be absolutely fine come Saturday).

That said, there are rumours that Inzaghi is considering a switch to a back four of Basta, Wallace, de Vrij and Radu to get Anderson in the forward line, and I would assume that this is what he's looking at for SPAL now.

Be interesting to see if we go to 3-5-1-1 with Lulic in training tomorrow or if we'll persist with 4-3-2-1 - it could be a clue to how we'll line up for the rest of the season.

If i'm not mistaken Inzaghi used a 4 men backline before in training but when the necessary personal got ready in time the 3511 was back on.  But in the current situation it's certainly smart to practice an alternitive if they don't get fit.

However it would very much surprise me if Inzaghi would completely switch during a short winterbreak with limited prep.
Altough it would garantee the best players more gametime, it would bother me to move Radu from a positions he's been having the season of his Lazio career.  I could see him getting injury troubles like before having to stretch that left wing again.

It also crossed my mind Inzaghi might be looking to switch up 3511 and 4321 depending on personel and opponent.
Bastos favoured with 3, and Wallace favoured with 2.  This would be very ballsy for a team that is taking to much goals to then switch backlines.  :roll_eyes:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:23:13 PM by Evesto »

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 05:19:22 PM »

Well, when  I Count who is fit, Training 4-3-2-1 makes much sense.

As we remember Inzaghi often switched formations inside of the games...

And as Cathal said, FA would suit on the left, without Lulic we can Play both during a match, what would be very difficult to defend/adjust by oppisition...

Whether it will be a  3-5-1-1: Strakosha; Wallace(Bastos) DV Radu; Basta Parolo Leiva SMS FA; LA; Ciro
or a 4-3-2-1 Strakosha; Basta Wallace(Bastos) DV Radu; Parolo Leiva SMS; FA LA; Ciro

I nearly hope for it. And a Lulic can be rested or subbed in/out as needed...
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

eleven

• Aquilotto
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 12:27:47 PM »

I win here plus our game in hand (By the way, when are we playing it? ) and we are going for 3rd spot  :sciarpa05: at least.

Curios for the formation in this game and whether Felipe will be starting.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »

I win here plus our game in hand (By the way, when are we playing it? ) and we are going for 3rd spot  :sciarpa05: at least.

I expect that Juve and Napoli will win easily this round. And probably at least one of Merda and Inter will win. So I can reverse this and say that anything but a win and top 3 is out of reach. I guess it's between us, Inter and Merda for places 3-4-5 and we look at the moment as the ones set for 5th place.

We should not underestimate teams like SPAL and Udinese. We are not guaranteed 6 points. We need to win games like this one and hope for others making mistakes - which will happen.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 03:20:01 PM »

I expect that Juve and Napoli will win easily this round. And probably at least one of Merda and Inter will win. So I can reverse this and say that anything but a win and top 3 is out of reach. I guess it's between us, Inter and Merda for places 3-4-5 and we look at the moment as the ones set for 5th place.

We should not underestimate teams like SPAL and Udinese. We are not guaranteed 6 points. We need to win games like this one and hope for others making mistakes - which will happen.

Inter hasn't won for a month and 1927 has dropped out of the Coppa to shitty Torino and couldn't beat Sassuolo at home and we're the ones who are set for 5th? We invented football in comparison to these American Chinese dollar rich mother****ers.

Of course, never underestimate any opponent.  :beer:

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 04:59:19 PM »

Well, when  I Count who is fit, Training 4-3-2-1 makes much sense.

As we remember Inzaghi often switched formations inside of the games...

And as Cathal said, FA would suit on the left, without Lulic we can Play both during a match, what would be very difficult to defend/adjust by oppisition...

Whether it will be a  3-5-1-1: Strakosha; Wallace(Bastos) DV Radu; Basta Parolo Leiva SMS FA; LA; Ciro
or a 4-3-2-1 Strakosha; Basta Wallace(Bastos) DV Radu; Parolo Leiva SMS; FA LA; Ciro

I nearly hope for it. And a Lulic can be rested or subbed in/out as needed...

I like the fielding of 4-3-2-1 listed here, taking out Marusic and having a 4 men defense with Basta seems much more solid, with Parolo and Leiva providing coverage, and SMS+FA+LA+Ciro seems much more dynamic (1 tall 1 dribble 1 playmake 1 finish). With all respect to Lulic, this formation looks most balanced and strongest on paper.

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 05:25:46 PM »

Inter hasn't won for a month and 1927 has dropped out of the Coppa to shitty Torino and couldn't beat Sassuolo at home and we're the ones who are set for 5th? We invented football in comparison to these American Chinese dollar rich mother****ers.

And we lost to Torino at home and didn't manage to finish off Fiorentina and dropped points in the last minutes. I'm with drazvan on this one  :whistle: there is no need to distract ourselves with our competitor's results we should simply focus on the upcoming game.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »

And we lost to Torino at home and didn't manage to finish off Fiorentina and dropped points in the last minutes. I'm with drazvan on this one  :whistle: there is no need to distract ourselves with our competitor's results we should simply focus on the upcoming game.

We've lost to Torino but it's not the same. And the same goes for Fiorentina. We were robbed in these games and how you can compare it to the other things is not clear to me.

If you guys are saying that Inter and 1927 play better than we do then I strongly disagree. Inter played a lot less matches then we did and they have 4 points more then we do and a game more. They barely got a draw at home against us.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 08:54:30 PM »

If you guys are saying that Inter and 1927 play better than we do then I strongly disagree. Inter played a lot less matches then we did and they have 4 points more then we do and a game more. They barely got a draw at home against us.

But you are sort of identifying why others might think we're only in line for 5th place - Inter playing worse football than us doesn't matter much if they have more points in the league than us and have two less competitions to play in. And I've heard that we play better than 1927 for years - even heard it come out of my own mouth - but for years, we've finished behind them in Serie A.

We are the ones that have something to prove. We have no right to finish in the Top 4. We finished 17 points behind 1927 last season and now have Europe to contend with while Inter finished 8 points behind us last season, but circumstances have reversed - we're the ones in Europe now, and they're the ones that are not. That should see a huge swing in the league table.

If we finish in the Top 4, it'll either be because we've improved or because one of the teams above us has collapsed entirely. Inter make a habit of it so it could be them. 1927 could collapse because they have an inexperienced managed.

But that's why we have to focus on us - it isn't in our hands.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12