Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Serie A: Lazio - Chievo, Sunday, 21-01-2017  (Read 3217 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Lazio - Chievo, Sunday, 21-01-2017
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 08:54:51 AM »

After Juventus and Napoli, Merda and Lazio are the best placed to land Izzo.

Our best players continually leave us for Milan clubs. Why do you think Izzo would join us over Inter or Milan? They can pay more, they are traditionally bigger clubs and they are more likely to win big trophies before we do. 95-99% of players, in my opinion, choose one of them over us. If I wasn't a Lazio fan, I'd do the same. Wouldn't think twice.

@ilsemprelaziale: if we were to go in for Izzo, for example, it would cost us maybe 15 million in a transfer fee and maybe 10 million in salary over a 5-year contract. That would be 25 million total, and it takes Lazio about 3-4 months to earn that sort of money. In average person terms, that's like earning 30,000 per year and buying a 10,000 car. Now keep in mind if Lazio was a person, they'd need to have about 25 cars.

You tell me f that has an effect on your future spend  :supsmile:

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 08:56:41 AM »

I agree, I don't think we will sign someone and if Bastos or Wallace stop these errors then there is little to worry about
Laziale!

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2018, 08:58:16 AM »

Our best players continually leave us for Milan clubs. Why do you think Izzo would join us over Inter or Milan? They can pay more, they are traditionally bigger clubs and they are more likely to win big trophies before we do. 95-99% of players, in my opinion, choose one of them over us. If I wasn't a Lazio fan, I'd do the same. Wouldn't think twice.

@ilsemprelaziale: if we were to go in for Izzo, for example, it would cost us maybe 15 million in a transfer fee and maybe 10 million in salary over a 5-year contract. That would be 25 million total, and it takes Lazio about 3-4 months to earn that sort of money. In average person terms, that's like earning 30,000 per year and buying a 10,000 car. Now keep in mind if Lazio was a person, they'd need to have about 25 cars.

Why did De Vrij choose us over Man Utd?

I agree that Inter and Milan would be front runners (money wise to clarify), but at this moment in time, we are at our most attractive for some years.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:00:50 AM by christ_JM »
Laziale!

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2018, 09:57:16 AM »

Wallace has been pretty on par with Radu and De Vrij, who have both been at fault for a similar number of goals as him.

Thank you Stefano for your valuable analysis. The analysis would be even more informative if we also consider how many minutes each of (Bastos/Wallace) has played.

According to Transfermarkt Bastos has played 1441 minutes. You report 6 goal-costing mistakes. When you divide 1441 by 6, the result is 240. Meaning Bastos makes one mistake every 240 minutes.

As for Wallace, he has played a total of 612 minutes. With 3 mistakes, he is making one mistake every 204 minutes.

This means Wallace is more mistake-prone than Bastos. 240/204 = 1.17, so Wallace makes mistakes 17% more frequently than Bastos.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:07:02 AM by campiador »

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2018, 02:41:07 PM »

Wallace has been pretty on par with Radu and De Vrij, who have both been at fault for a similar number of goals as him.

Thank you Stefano for your valuable analysis. The analysis would be even more informative if we also consider how many minutes each of (Bastos/Wallace) has played.

According to Transfermarkt Bastos has played 1441 minutes. You report 6 goal-costing mistakes. When you divide 1441 by 6, the result is 240. Meaning Bastos makes one mistake every 240 minutes.

As for Wallace, he has played a total of 612 minutes. With 3 mistakes, he is making one mistake every 204 minutes.

This means Wallace is more mistake-prone than Bastos. 240/204 = 1.17, so Wallace makes mistakes 17% more frequently than Bastos.

Edit: Apologies, I posted this here originally and then moved it to the transfers thread while forgetting to delete the post here.

But, once again, the amount of mistakes per minute (which I did say was maybe a fair point) is not the main argument that I am putting forward. Its the nature of the mistakes that Bastos has made, and the fact that they have been repeated that I am getting at.

Think about Mauricio, who was a good defender maybe 80-90% of the time. He had a knack of getting sent off. The first time you can forgive it, the second maybe it was a coincidence, but the third and fourth and so on are where we started to get annoyed.

I completely see why Bastos has his fans, there have been games that he has been fantastic in, as with Wallace. But if he is good 90% of the time, but is horribly out of position on a number of occasions, leading to goals conceded, that's where I lose my patience. I like to see people learn from their mistakes.

I just think that when it comes down to it, Wallace is younger, more positionally aware and much less likely to make fatal errors. That's why I prefer him to Bastos.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 02:43:56 PM by stefano_40 »
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Delta

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »

Why did De Vrij choose us over Man Utd?

I agree that Inter and Milan would be front runners (money wise to clarify), but at this moment in time, we are at our most attractive for some years.

Not really disagree with all this... but those high paid place in Milano are very limited, lets say CB position... if we say there is 5 CB places in Inter, Milan and Juve it makes only 15 CBs total. Some CBs are out of our money league anyway like Bonucci, Chiellini, Benatia, Rugani, Miranda, Skriniar for sure so actual number is below 10. I am very sure that there is more than 10 CBs in Serie A alone who would be upgrade for us... because right now situation is very bad. IF we can catch CL situation could be very rewarding for someone coming from club who cant even dream about CL, no?

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2018, 07:27:33 PM »

Isn't it hurting to have no Lazio this Weekend..., guys??!  :wuzz:

I mean, makes life sense this Weekend to someone?  :ohnoo:  :supsmile:
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 07:49:45 PM »

Yep, this weekend will feel empty without Lazio to wreck my nerves
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 08:07:13 PM »

Yep, this weekend will feel empty without Lazio to wreck my nerves

Aren't you usually out biking during most games ....  :whistle:      :beer:

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2018, 08:38:16 PM »

Don't be jealous because we have mountains!!!
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14