Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - Chievo Verona 5-1 , 21/01/2018  (Read 902 times)

Ed

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - Chievo Verona 5-1 , 21/01/2018
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 06:36:03 PM »

I don't know who could have predicted 5-1 when we went in at half time with a narrow lead and Immobile off the pitch. VAR got both decisions correct for us and then we could have conceded by stupid defensive decisions but ended up getting the two late goals. Nani looked quite desperate to get one and it was a nice finish at the end.

It's bizarre that Bastos must be our best scoring central defender since Mihajlovic! Usually we have virtually no goals from central defence and yet this crazy scoring record has even affected this area of our team with another three from De Vrij too!
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 06:41:11 PM »

I don't know who could have predicted 5-1 when we went in at half time with a narrow lead and Immobile off the pitch.

Funny, a friend of mine who was watching the game messaged me at that precise moment that we'd win 5 or 6-1  :razz:

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »

Great first half. After 2-1 the comentator was saying : This is Mini Barca- great ball posesion and easy comes to their box.
 Than DV-Bastos give almost the penalty from nothing(finaly Var correct with us).
 Second half : We suffer a lot, Wallace mistake, they dominate,Leiva expirience was crucial. Felipe isn't the striker so I cant blame him.
 Than the moment of the match :Leiva assist and briliant voley from SMS 3-1.
 Nani for SMS :Sub of the match, Nani can play striker, assist and goal ...no complication.
 Lukaku for Senad : Also great move.
 Finaly Marusic had a very good match. Wasn't outof position, and covered his side especially in the first 20 min of second half.
 Motm-Leiva. Great match from SMS and others.But Lucas was superb.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »

Funny, a friend of mine who was watching the game messaged me at that precise moment that we'd win 5 or 6-1  :razz:

:beer: Did they get a bet on it?! I was still confident of a win of course but with our dodgy record at home to Chievo, the loss of Immobile and the fact we had actually had a VAR decision go our way it made me more nervous than I should have been!

I agree with you phantom, Lucas was my MOTM too. His destructive ability is so much better than Biglia which might be obvious to say but it has improved our midfield. I dread to think how many more goals we would have conceded without him! To get a classy assist too was very good and there was even that moment when he made it into the box and for a second I thought he might score! Milinkovic-Savic obviously gets a lot of praise for his accurate finishes but I did think he was a little bit off the pace in the first half at times. The commentator barely mentioned his name for twenty minutes and he wasn't getting involved enough.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 06:58:24 PM »

I really don't know what to make of this defense.

Bastos has 4 Serie A goals under his belt already. He is probably our physically strongest player. But then he cannot keep his composure at times.

Wallace is solid in areal duels as a CB. But he is not left-footed, and makes egregious mistakes as LCB.

On a separate note. Simone's substitutions were lit! :bravo:

Wallace is a clear cut central defender, imo he should never be on the sides unless they play more narrow and with the winger closer by in a more countering mode.  In a game where we have to push forward ourselves the gaps are bigger and he's just not made for that. 

Honestly for a game like today i would have much rather seen Wallace in the middle and De Vrij replacing Radu.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 07:09:43 PM »

Chievo preferred it rough.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 07:25:48 PM »

Starttopic completed for everyone to view.   :twinkle:

--------------------------

Was just watching the highlights a couple of times.  Damn that 2nd goals was beauty in the build up.
Everybody high up and wide, Lulic & Parolo knowing they would setup Sergej, Sergej practicly standing still very nonchalent making himself less noticable and then for a second 1 meter opening and finished like several actual strikers couldn't even get done with several attempts.

There was a time here all we did was nag about Sergej not being able to get the ball between the posts and nowadays he's simply putting the ball in where he wants.

:bravo:

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018, 07:36:17 PM »

A great result to take home and destroying Chievo for good. Except for De Vrij, the defense is way too shaky and could easily cost us precious points. Both Wallace and Bastos make fatal mistakes for the few chances that Chievo took.

Sergej has top finishing, which helped us score from less clear cut chances and has been earning a lot of points for us. We can score, now we just need to concentrate on defense, hope Caceras is an improvement.

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »

I've watched Cagliari - Milan and it has to be said they look nowhere near as they looked the last time we met. Motivated, looking to surprise with shots from outside the box, fishing for fouls (especially Kalinić). I really hope Simone and our lads won't underestimate them.

Btw Sergej's second strike looked like typical Rocchi goal  :offlag:
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 08:13:49 PM »

This will illustrate something regarding SMS' finishing:

2015-16: expected goals - 1.88, goals scored - 1
2016-17: expected goals - 5.64, goals scored - 4
2017-18: expected goals - 2.73, goals scored - 7

He's gone from being below average at taking his opportunities to being way above average in a short space of time.

But there's room for improvement in terms of getting into position to score goals - he's not doing any better in that department than last season, and he's playing more offensively.

So yeah, the numbers say his finishing is much improved, but unless he gets in better positions more often, he's going to have to be clinical to be a 10 goal-a-season player on a regular basis.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4