Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - Chievo Verona 5-1 , 21/01/2018  (Read 903 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - Chievo Verona 5-1 , 21/01/2018
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 08:18:01 PM »

I've watched Cagliari - Milan and it has to be said they look nowhere near as they looked the last time we met. Motivated, looking to surprise with shots from outside the box, fishing for fouls (especially Kalinić). I really hope Simone and our lads won't underestimate them.

It's more of a group now but certainly not playing well.  One thing we can always be sure looking in the recent past, Inzaghi does not underestimate anyone and always goes with the best possible team.

Thing thing is of course we have a midweek game and Milan doesn't and they will be at home.  Double advantage for them so a win for us is certainly not a logical thing.  They will be motivated as hell to save face after they were trashed here at Olimpico.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 08:27:59 PM »

Lazio - Chievo 5:1 Highlights / Tutti i gol

Watching that 1-1 goal makes me wonder what has happened to Bastos. First he loses track of the Chievo player, then he completely mistimes his header and then he panics and doesn't challenge the Chievo player properly who is given an easy opportunity to have a shot at goal.

I've never been very confident with Bastos, but it's scary that such a young defender seems to be getting worse despite how many matches he plays. Surely he won't play again in the foreseeable future.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 08:37:46 PM »

Lazio - Chievo 5:1 Highlights / Tutti i gol

Watching that 1-1 goal makes me wonder what has happened to Bastos. First he loses track of the Chievo player, then he completely mistimes his header and then he panics and doesn't challenge the Chievo player properly who is given an easy opportunity to have a shot at goal.

I've never been very confident with Bastos, but it's scary that such a young defender seems to be getting worse despite how many matches he plays. Surely he won't play again in the foreseeable future.

He's not young anymore and he has such horrible mistakes every match, it makes me think if he is playing honestly. I hope Caceras will replace him soon.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 09:14:07 PM »

Both Bastos and Wallace were terrible. Bastos made 2 huge mistakes, one costing us a goal and Wallace almost gave a goal gift to Chievo. A stronger oposition would have scored 3 goals to us easily. Yes we played well in attack and Leiva had a good day and tbh i never thought we are not gonna win but....we were also incredibly lucky at points...chievo could have entered with 2-2 at half time ans after that whi knows....

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 10:01:16 PM »

And not counting the last season's results. What a team Inzaghi has created!  :offlag:
we breathe LAZIO

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 10:37:31 PM »

we score a lot, but it's usually the last ten minutes, so it's not as good as it looks sometimes

Ljubo1

• Aquilotto
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 07:36:13 AM »

Both Bastos and Wallace were terrible. Bastos made 2 huge mistakes, one costing us a goal and Wallace almost gave a goal gift to Chievo. A stronger oposition would have scored 3 goals to us easily. Yes we played well in attack and Leiva had a good day and tbh i never thought we are not gonna win but....we were also incredibly lucky at points...chievo could have entered with 2-2 at half time ans after that whi knows....

You contradict yourself here a little bit. First you say that you never thoutght that we are not gona win and than you say who knows... Well who ever saw the game it was all Lazio only the mistake from Wallace and not Bastos cost us goal, but you are right we defenetly need a new defence all over. I hope that Caceres Will be introduced fast and that we are going to invest in this mercato in defence some more. I don't follow other players like some here to make sugestiones but as I saw from the other day on TV Cacerres is mentioned to be one of the best deffender from this season. All in all it's great to be Lazio supporter and I hope that the momentum Will last.  :stendvl:

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 11:27:04 AM »

I was surprised it was Anderson who came in to play as a striker rather than Nani when Immobile was substituted. Anderson showed again that he is lacking the striker instinct. Almost immediately coming in he a great back pass from Lulic and he wasted it by dribbling and losing the ball when he should have shot. A moment later he had a ball, lots of space to run and two defenders in front of him and he almost stopped the attack and started to wait others just to suddenly realize that he should probably run and try to get past the defenders, which he almost did. The moment of hesitation might have made the difference of scoring and not scoring. After that he was pretty much invisible the whole match and as soon as Nani entered, he showed that he is much more capable to play as a striker.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 04:05:21 PM »

You contradict yourself here a little bit. First you say that you never thoutght that we are not gona win and than you say who knows... Well who ever saw the game it was all Lazio only the mistake from Wallace and not Bastos cost us goal, but you are right we defenetly need a new defence all over. I hope that Caceres Will be introduced fast and that we are going to invest in this mercato in defence some more. I don't follow other players like some here to make sugestiones but as I saw from the other day on TV Cacerres is mentioned to be one of the best deffender from this season. All in all it's great to be Lazio supporter and I hope that the momentum Will last.  :stendvl:

Wallace was partially at fault at first goal, but it was mostly on Bastos. Bastos jumped under the ball and also got allowed the Chievo player to dance with him and shoot on goal. Nothing Wallace could have done to help him there. Wallace was to blame for that stupid back pass that would have costed us a goal in a normal game. both were bad.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 05:52:33 PM »

DV also made a terrible mistake at the end of first half...didn't run for the ball,give the Chievo chance. Bastos have his part of guilty also,but lets just dont put all the blame to Bastos everytime when our defense are poor. I dont want to say that Bastos isn't guilty or...but he have more impact during the match in defensive duty's than others. Stefan is there tolead the defense,Wallace-Marusic-Lulic ? When they are out of position who is guilty ?(Bastos)?!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4