Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - CFC Genoa 1-2 , 05/02/2018  (Read 1161 times)

Don

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - CFC Genoa 1-2 , 05/02/2018
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 11:05:00 PM »

Deserved result... I have seen nearly no offensive gameplan today to overcome an expected deep defending Genoa..

Especially with "all our stars" in the pitch.

LA needs his hair blonded again... I missed a lot of our Theodor Bagwell today... :ohnoo:
Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Lazio Forever

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 11:07:41 PM »

Now we know how much SMS presence on the field is important, it changes the game completely.
And, there is a reason why Lulic is preferred over Lukaku and we all saw it now.

Hopefully the team wakes up now and reality strikes back.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 11:12:00 PM »

Maybe this side is not good enough and lacks the mentality

The team is good enough, but yes I would question the mentality.

i would question inzaghi:

- you can't expect parolo and leiva to play 3 games in 10 days and be 100%
- you can't play murgia (who showed only glimpses of talant) for 70 minutes in a must win game
- you can't play a lone striker, having in mind genoa will be parking the bus
- you can not stand and do nothing, while lukaku is playing vs 2 players almost an entire game

Agreed with all 3 points.

Yet Tare had the opinion during the mercato Jordao & Murgia were the necessary backups.
Something i simply laugh at personally, this is Serie A not fifa on playstation.

With this roster we have to focus on one goal.  The Coppa was apparently already to much, so with th EL starting up again it's kind of obvious how things will end.

The attacking roster is overly equipped but the central midfield (wich is most important) has never been so thin.  Instead of Nani Tare had better brought in a CM, that's obvious.  Like so many times before, no real strategy during mercato's.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:14:01 PM by Evesto »

Boksic

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 11:17:59 PM »

Flop of the match. Luis Alberto. Watch the second Genoa goal again. We win the ball and are on our way to counter, Luis gets an easy ball but fumbles it like an amateur and Genoa can turn around and catch us unorganised. In addition to that he didn't have one single right all match. Useless performance.

One of the worst individual displays I've seen in the 20+ years I've been watching Lazio. If someone told me he was a Genoa player in disguise tasked with sabotaging us, I'd almost believe it. He could not have done more to help Genoa to win if he tried.

I think in the end he lost it totally. However in the first half we only had his shots to count for. He had some good passes as well the one to Lukaku comes to mind. The subs exposed us totally and its clear he was not playing in his position by then. He had to go back too much and at that LA as we know is not able to function at all.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 11:23:43 PM »

Strange that some people still don't rate Laxalt when his brought up during mercato discussions.
He's a damn pitbull for 95 minutes.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 11:31:12 PM »

- you can't play murgia (who showed only glimpses of talant) for 70 minutes in a must win game
- you can not stand and do nothing, while lukaku is playing vs 2 players almost an entire game

Yet Tare had the opinion during the mercato Jordao & Murgia were the necessary backups.
Something i simply laugh at personally, this is Serie A not fifa on playstation.

With this roster we have to focus on one goal.  The Coppa was apparently already to much, so with th EL starting up again it's kind of obvious how things will end.

The attacking roster is overly equipped but the central midfield (wich is most important) has never been so thin.  Instead of Nani Tare had better brought in a CM, that's obvious.  Like so many times before, no real strategy during mercato's.

I agree, but here's where inzaghi failed - why play parolo and leiva for the coppa? he could have fielded lulic murgia and then swap the third spot between parolo and leiva. instead he gives leiva 90 minutes and parolo 76 and keeps murgia on the bench......foolish, very foolish....

BioHazarD

• Aquilotto
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 11:54:03 PM »

Strange that some people still don't rate Laxalt when his brought up during mercato discussions.
He's a damn pitbull for 95 minutes.
Yea I noticed, he was superb.
We got to drop EL completely, we are not fit enough.That is the match of the season so far for Genoa. They did great and executed the match perfectly.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2018, 12:03:18 AM »

or drop everything and go only for EL to win it......

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2018, 12:09:42 AM »

I agree, but here's where inzaghi failed - why play parolo and leiva for the coppa? he could have fielded lulic murgia and then swap the third spot between parolo and leiva. instead he gives leiva 90 minutes and parolo 76 and keeps murgia on the bench......foolish, very foolish....

I agree, Serie A simply has to be more important with the CL in reach.

Inzaghi afther the game : ' Lazio was tired '

Sorry but that's not excuse.  These are things one has to consider beforehand and adjust.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2018, 12:13:03 AM »

no shit sherlock, guess who made it tired - you......i have never been so disappointed with him
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10