Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - CFC Genoa 1-2 , 05/02/2018  (Read 1128 times)

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - CFC Genoa 1-2 , 05/02/2018
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2018, 02:16:15 AM »

Because guys at whoscored.com watch every single Lazio game  :razz:

Why Lulić is a captain is a big question? Why he is one only now is the big question  :whistle:

EDIT:gr
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:35:00 AM by Akha »
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2018, 04:21:00 AM »

I think Lulic is a vital cog in this side.

Except for work rate and grinta he is not the best at anything but he is good at most things. I can't think of any player that can be classed as good at defending, attacking, crossing, left back, left wing, centre midfield, speed, dribbling, composure, defending, finishing and stamina.

Maybe Hamsik is the only similar player in that he is good at most things except he is better at attacking phase but worse at defending than Lulic. Parolo is good in both phases too for us.

I am not saying that Lulic is as good as Dybala or anything like that, but every side needs a player like Lulic.
Laziale!

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2018, 09:21:26 AM »

- don't change the subject - we are comparing players based on their stats

No, we're not. You said you were amazed that some prefer Lulic to Lukaku. I could do what others did and simply say that my eyes tell me something different, but I know you, and I know you'd trash that because it's me saying it. So I tried to point you in the direction of some stats that maybe explain why Inzaghi plays Lulic over Lukaku. You've gone down the road of 'Lukaku has more goals and assists per 90 minutes than Lulic, so he's better'. Goals and assists don't definitively prove who is better than who, and certainly not left-backs. I'm trying to explain this and you are continuing to argue that two particular stats prove your point. Well, it doesn't, in the same way that if I point to 100s of statistics and write uber long posts, you're not going to share my opinion at the end of it.

why lulic is the captain is a big question and i am not the only one who is wondering about that, still can't figure it out

And my answer to that is, how can you not figure it out? It's obvious. Whether you agree or disagree with him being the captain, the explanation as to why he wears the armband is straight-forward.

well show me another bad game by lukaku then?

Lazio 1-1 Vitesse was a poor display from Lukaku, but I know you're going to go to WhoScored and say he got whatever rating, but the five of us that watched that game know what we saw. Furthermore, I can't say there's anything about any of Lukaku's games that have made me think he needs to play over Lulic, which is my point.

i do care about the numbers - half of lulic's goals and assists in quarter of lulic's playing time... don't see how can you missinterprit that

You care about two numbers out of potentially thousands that help make your argument.

so you saw one bad cross in 80 minutes and you decide he is a bad crosser?

Nope, never said he was a bad crosser. You said all his crosses were good, I've picked out one that proves you wrong.

If you genuinely want to understand why some of us have a different viewpoint, read what others have said about the matter. I can't get my point across if you're just going to twist it and keep making the same point over again in response.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2018, 11:02:39 AM »

- don't change the subject - we are comparing players based on their stats

why lulic is the captain is a big question and i am not the only one who is wondering about that, still can't figure it out

well show me another bad game by lukaku then?

Lazio 1-1 Vitesse was a poor display from Lukaku, but I know you're going to go to WhoScored and say he got whatever rating, but the five of us that watched that game know what we saw. Furthermore, I can't say there's anything about any of Lukaku's games that have made me think he needs to play over Lulic, which is my point.

i do care about the numbers - half of lulic's goals and assists in quarter of lulic's playing time... don't see how can you missinterprit that

You care about two numbers out of potentially thousands that help make your argument.

so you saw one bad cross in 80 minutes and you decide he is a bad crosser?

Nope, never said he was a bad crosser. You said all his crosses were good, I've picked out one that proves you wrong.

If you genuinely want to understand why some of us have a different viewpoint, read what others have said about the matter. I can't get my point across if you're just going to twist it and keep making the same point over again in response.

- uuuh, yes we are comparing two players, unles you are just hitting the reply button by reflex. i know you are always saying things, that you consider are right, but you fail to present any facts, so for the third time - which are the stats which show lulic is better than lukaku? we already know goals, assists and successful passes are not,so im curious to see what FACTS are you presenting

- wearing the armband simply means he is one of the players with most experience in the team, doesnt mean he is better than lukaku :D

- I will suppose you are talking about the away game - prior to that, Lazio had 4 games, in which lukaku had no more than 100 minutes in total, coming of a 3 month injury, what did you expect? the game of his life?

- 3 numbers - pass rate aswell, give me 3 stats of those potential thousand

- haha really? you are grasping on one word? even if I wrote all, it shows how out of facts you are, to grasp one word

- except defense ( still under question) I don't see how lulic is better, nobody showes me any facts.... put a poll on the topic and see what other people think is my suggestion

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2018, 11:06:00 AM »

I don't see how lulic is better, nobody showes me any facts.... put a poll on the topic and see what other people think is my suggestion

Great idea. I'll set up one here and one on Twitter and we'll see who comes out on top and have a proper discussion on it. I feel I've given you the facts and I see no point quoting myself or repeating myself if we're going to have another topic.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »

when i read here that people are asking why Lulic is captain .... it is starting to hurt ... :um_face: :wuzz:

a loyal player who represent our colours for many years, working his ass off in every single game and who is searching the dialogue with the others (like he did with Keita during the summer too).

People forget too fast ....

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2018, 12:50:01 PM »

i'm just checking the transfermarkt stats...
this season!

Lulic played in Serie A 1515 minutes / scored 2 goals / assisted 4
Lukaku played in Serie A 756 minutes / scored 1 goal / assisted 2

Lulic played in Coppa 115 minutes / scored 1 goal
Lukaku played in Coppa 211 minutes / no goal

This stats for the offense shows me that Lukaku is not better in this area. He played half the minutes in Serie A - scored half and assisted half of Lulic - so alone this stats shows they are equal.
Coppa ... Lulic upfront.

Stats from whoscored about passes, tackles and so on (Serie A)

shots per game 0.5 - 0.3 Lulic
areals won 0.3 - 0.3

Defense:
tackles: 1,6 - 0,6 Lulic
interceptions: 1,1 - 0,4 Lulic
fouls: 1,5 - 0,5 Lulic
clearances: 0,9 - 0,8 Lulic
dribbled past per game: 1,7 - 0,2 Lulic

Offense:
keypasses per game: 1,2 - 0,8 Lulic
dribbles per game: 1,7 - 1,1 Lulic
fouled per game: 1,3 - 0,1 Lulic
offsides: 0,3 - 0,2 Lulic
Dispossessed per game: 1,3 - 0,5 Lulic
Bad control per game: 1,5 - 0,8 Lulic

passes:
passes per game: 35,1 - 21,6 Lulic
Pass success percentage: 76,8 - 80,2 Lukaku
Crosses: 0,6 - 0,6
Long balls: 3 - 0,4 Lulic
Through balls per game: 0,1 - 0 Lulic

Overall whoscored rating (Serie A):
Lulic: 6,93
Lukaku: 6,64

So,.... what can we read out....

Lulic tackles more, he has more interceptions, has more clearances, but got more dribbled past and fouls more.
Interceptions and tackles are a big difference, but also dribbled past.
Would say that Lulic gets problems on 1 vs 1, but reads the game well to recover balls.

in the offense - Lulic dribbles more, and has a bigger percentage of keypasses!!! - and gets more fould by the opponent.
Dispossessed and bad control is the better point for Lukaku.
....so Lulic is not much weaker in the offense than Lukaku.

Lulic passes much more (in my opinion because he doesn't only play on the side - he moves to the middle too). Percentage is a bit weaker than Lukaku. Lulic is more vertasile - that shows the different kind of passes (long passes).

you decide of who do you think is the "better player". Both have their pros and cons.

For me, it's Lulic - simply becauce he is more vertasile. He tackles more, intercepts more. Passing / reading game is his big advantage i would say - that shows the number of passes, the kind of passes, the keypasses number.
"Better player" is for me not the right word - i would say he is more important for the team.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]