Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Lulic or Lukaku: Who do you prefer?  (Read 601 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Lulic or Lukaku: Who do you prefer?
« on: February 07, 2018, 11:07:54 AM »

Since this discussing has been rumbling for months and is heating up, it'd be interesting to see what the consensus is here on the forum. Who would you rather field: Lukaku or Lulic?

:offlag:

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Lulic or Lukaku: Who do you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 11:24:42 AM »

It's Lulic without hesitation, until Lukaku proves something, anything.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 11:34:02 AM »

Senad. Don't get me wrong, I like Jordan but really so far I think his only feats are pace and strength, and that's not bad, that's good, but Lulić is just more complete and mature - Jordan attempts to pass an opponent, losses the ball and Radu ends up booked clearing his mess. And when he's got no space he just holds on the ball, doing nothing really - it was especially visible on Monday when he was given the ball, was in pretty 'static' situation and just gave it back. He can be good when we're playing counter-attacking football or we draw players inside to give him space to start his run towards the end line to send the ball back into the box but other than that I'm just not convinced. And he still cannot run for 90 mins. That's worrying really.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »

I havnt seen or read any discussion, I wasnt aware this was even in question?

Lulic without a doubt.

Lukaku is faster, and stronger, but he only does one thing well - pushing the ball past his man on the outside and beating him for pace. Hes predictable, his crosses are 50/50 and he isnt great at defending.
Hes young so he can improve and I certainly dont dislike him - after all, his one move works quite often, if he works on his final ball he could get 10 assists a season.

But Lulic is just all round the better player. More experienced in attack, more versatile, can play anywhere across the midfield or either wing back, and better defending.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 11:49:58 AM »

It's not even close at the moment. Jordan can't even last for 60 minutes. Until he gets his fitness sorted he can only really be a useful sub.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »

Where is the hidden camera?

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 12:51:38 PM »

just saw this here.... :supsmile:
I already posted in the other thread.... I copy it...
my vote goes to Lulic....and not only because he is the captain (a fully deserved captain by the way)

i'm just checking the transfermarkt stats...
this season!

Lulic played in Serie A 1515 minutes / scored 2 goals / assisted 4
Lukaku played in Serie A 756 minutes / scored 1 goal / assisted 2

Lulic played in Coppa 115 minutes / scored 1 goal
Lukaku played in Coppa 211 minutes / no goal

This stats for the offense shows me that Lukaku is not better in this area. He played half the minutes in Serie A - scored half and assisted half of Lulic - so alone this stats shows they are equal.
Coppa ... Lulic upfront.

Stats from whoscored about passes, tackles and so on (Serie A)

shots per game 0.5 - 0.3 Lulic
areals won 0.3 - 0.3

Defense:
tackles: 1,6 - 0,6 Lulic
interceptions: 1,1 - 0,4 Lulic
fouls: 1,5 - 0,5 Lulic
clearances: 0,9 - 0,8 Lulic
dribbled past per game: 1,7 - 0,2 Lulic

Offense:
keypasses per game: 1,2 - 0,8 Lulic
dribbles per game: 1,7 - 1,1 Lulic
fouled per game: 1,3 - 0,1 Lulic
offsides: 0,3 - 0,2 Lulic
Dispossessed per game: 1,3 - 0,5 Lulic
Bad control per game: 1,5 - 0,8 Lulic

passes:
passes per game: 35,1 - 21,6 Lulic
Pass success percentage: 76,8 - 80,2 Lukaku
Crosses: 0,6 - 0,6
Long balls: 3 - 0,4 Lulic
Through balls per game: 0,1 - 0 Lulic

Overall whoscored rating (Serie A):
Lulic: 6,93
Lukaku: 6,64

So,.... what can we read out....

Lulic tackles more, he has more interceptions, has more clearances, but got more dribbled past and fouls more.
Interceptions and tackles are a big difference, but also dribbled past.
Would say that Lulic gets problems on 1 vs 1, but reads the game well to recover balls.

in the offense - Lulic dribbles more, and has a bigger percentage of keypasses!!! - and gets more fould by the opponent.
Dispossessed and bad control is the better point for Lukaku.
....so Lulic is not much weaker in the offense than Lukaku.

Lulic passes much more (in my opinion because he doesn't only play on the side - he moves to the middle too). Percentage is a bit weaker than Lukaku. Lulic is more vertasile - that shows the different kind of passes (long passes).

you decide of who do you think is the "better player". Both have their pros and cons.

For me, it's Lulic - simply becauce he is more vertasile. He tackles more, intercepts more. Passing / reading game is his big advantage i would say - that shows the number of passes, the kind of passes, the keypasses number.
"Better player" is for me not the right word - i would say he is more important for the team.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 01:12:31 PM »

If I had to pick one and had to use only that player throughout the whole season, then of course it's Lulic. But it's like choosing from two piles of shit, I'm not too happy with neither. Lulic is the safe option, while Lukaku is better crosser but neither are good enough as a whole.

For those saying Lukaku is predictable and thus "bad" player, then what Lulic is? :supsmile: Always the same: run with the ball, stop, turn and cross with right foot or pass to SMS/LA. Very very rarely he tries to cross with his left foot and honestly he always misses the target by a mile. With his right foot he is decent but in my opinion Lukaku's crosses are still a lot better and more accurate. Lukaku was "bad" against Genoa in a sense that he couldn't get past two defenders marking him but be honest to yourself, how many players in our team can get past two players marking you? LA and FA and that's about it. He looked bad because he couldn't do it but while everyone is bashing him, he had like 4-5 good crosses too, it's just that our players inside the penalty box were isolated and couldn't win the headers or if they did, they failed to aim toward the goal.

So for now Lulic is the safer option defensively, hard working, lasts 90 minutes and our captain, while Lukaku offers good crosses, but very up and down performances, rarely can last 90 minutes and is a liability defensively at times.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 01:15:50 PM »

But it's like choosing from two piles of shit

Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 01:23:14 PM »

But it's like choosing from two piles of shit

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d0/d06a1ca136fc6f8ec538f71369fd4d226422dd45d0fbc8f525d21e368a82c3e2.jpg

I know you're a fan of Lulic and take it personally when someone says a bad thing about him. But just two three or so weeks ago there were several people here saying that from our starting lineup, Lulic has been the weakest link. So I'm not the only one saying it. And of course I'm exaggerating but I wouldn't mind a better player instead of Lulic or Lukaku.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5