Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Lulic or Lukaku: Who do you prefer?  (Read 624 times)

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
Re: Lulic or Lukaku: Who do you prefer?
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 01:26:50 PM »

Of course Lulic, even this season is one of the worst of his here. Lukaku only offer speed to the sideline so far, when he is doubled mark, he is useless. Lulic is not a typical of crosser, but at least has better cross/long pass (I dont care with stats if it said otherwise, I believe my eyes), read game better, can defend n also play in multiple positions. Anyone who suggest Lukaku should be starting LWB should have personal hatred toward Lulic. Lukaku even can hardly breath after playing for 60 mins. :razz:
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 01:30:49 PM »

But it's like choosing from two piles of shit

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d0/d06a1ca136fc6f8ec538f71369fd4d226422dd45d0fbc8f525d21e368a82c3e2.jpg

I know you're a fan of Lulic and take it personally when someone says a bad thing about him. But just two three or so weeks ago there were several people here saying that from our starting lineup, Lulic has been the weakest link. So I'm not the only one saying it. And of course I'm exaggerating but I wouldn't mind a better player instead of Lulic or Lukaku.

You've exaggerated a bit too much there. He had a few sub-par performances but to be honest so has everyone else in the team (except for maybe Leiva) and that doesn't merit calling them out as POS.

Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 01:36:45 PM »

Well I hope Lukaku isn't like "oh I wonder what Lazio fans think of me" and then come in here and sees the poll  :supsmile: :supsmile: :supsmile:
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 01:37:54 PM »

blue-white covered me on 'stats'  :beer: so time to say what I see  :vcool:

On Lukaku, I think a couple of flashy moments have enhanced his reputation. That run into the box in the Derby, some runs past heavy-legged wing-backs when he's come off the bench etc. I think he's got a decent cross on him when he has time on the ball and obviously he has the pace and strength to bulldoze his way past people, but that does make him a little one dimensional.

I think managers and players are beginning to realise that if you stand off Lukaku just enough that he can't really take you on and beat you, but you're still close enough to prevent him getting crosses into the box, he can't hurt you. That renders him dangerous only on the counter.

Lulic wasn't born to play football and you can see it in his game. Putting it into perspective, he was playing in the fifth tier in Switzerland when he was Luiz Felipe's age. But he's got a very well-rounded game and the fact he can play in so many positions shows that. He can dribble past you or cut inside and do damage. Give him time on the ball, and he can create opportunities for his teammates or take them himself. And he can do the dirty work in defence, reads the game well enough to spot the danger, has the pace to recover situations. He's not brilliant at anything, but decent at almost everything.

The one area of Lulic's game that has never been good is his ball control and I know that's why people think he is a 'bad' player because they lose their shit when he doesn't control a ball. But SMS has one of the worst first touches in football, and it hasn't stopped people of dreaming of 100 million euro offers and envisaging him as maybe the world's best one day.

But here's an important point I think many overlook and you'll not get from 'stats' - players around Lulic play well. Lulic distracts defenders and creates space for SMS and LA to do damage and everyone here is giving Radu credit partly because we haven't noticed mistakes, but isn't that because when Lulic is out there, we barely notice Radu? Whereas when Lukaku is out there, boy do I notice Radu in full arse-saving mode.

And that's the main reason I don't see Lulic losing his place. Even if he's not playing well, the team often is when Lulic is out there and after all, this is a team sport.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 01:39:43 PM »

But it's like choosing from two piles of shit

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d0/d06a1ca136fc6f8ec538f71369fd4d226422dd45d0fbc8f525d21e368a82c3e2.jpg

I know you're a fan of Lulic and take it personally when someone says a bad thing about him. But just two three or so weeks ago there were several people here saying that from our starting lineup, Lulic has been the weakest link. So I'm not the only one saying it. And of course I'm exaggerating but I wouldn't mind a better player instead of Lulic or Lukaku.

You've exaggerated a bit too much there. He had a few sub-par performances but to be honest so has everyone else in the team (except for maybe Leiva) and that doesn't merit calling them out as POS.

You just have to learn to read on the internet, it's always one or the other, there is no in between when it comes to opinions.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 02:26:27 PM »

Actually shocked by this. I'm on team Lulic here, by a long way.
After every single match, the main recurring comment that I see is always "good performance from the team, but Lulic was bad"...
Disagree, he always has his moments in games, and he offers us a lot more in general than Lukaku.

While I thought Lukaku getting a chance was definitely deserved, he's gotten it and I still think that Lulic should start. Lukaku is good to bring off the bench, but if he can't beat his man easily for pace, and if his marker stands off him, then there's no other dimension to his game. Senad on the other hand will always find a way through.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 04:39:22 PM »

Lukaku can be very usefull, especially against opponents who aren't double blocking the wing (like Genoa's 352).  Man on man against that fullback he's dangerous (supercoppa ...).

But for the rest he ain't proving anything, so for most of the occassions i'd surely put Lulic.  He's got vision, feel for the game, huge motivation, experience ....

Lukaku can't score and hardly assist, Lulic has proven this all.

The thing is Lulic will also be needed centrally plenty of times to come this season so Lukaku wil play a lot.
I'd love to see Felipe get his act together and get motivated on that left wing, that could be really interesting.
Coming in from that sids to shoot is always an extra weapon.

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »

Of course Lulic. I don't even understand why all the poor comments on Lulic for many matches when he was not the worst player on pitch. Most of our attack start from Lulic on the left, his style is very different from Marusic who 90% of the time only pass back while Lulic can bring the ball forward. Lulic is also the older player who doesn't show much decline on speed, unlike Parolo who is slowing down and Radu who never had any.

Lukaku is a good super sub to speed past opponents and I respect him too, while Lulic also had his faults of missing sitters, but overall Lulic is much better and I think he deserve more minutes rather than taken off at 60' every game.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 11:50:09 PM »

i am trully amazed by the results ! apparently i don't know crap about football and therefore i will not be commenting anymore

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »

i am trully amazed by the results ! apparently i don't know crap about football and therefore i will not be commenting anymore

No need to beat yourself up about this.  If you prefer a player personally there's nothing wrong with that.
But Lulic' status over Lukaku purely for Lazio is sort of undisputable.

Look, i really liked Perea and hoped he'd get more chances back in the day, but on the forum i was very much outnumbered for this myself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5