Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Lulic or Lukaku: Who do you prefer?  (Read 623 times)

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
Re: Lulic or Lukaku: Who do you prefer?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 12:52:15 AM »

i am trully amazed by the results ! apparently i don't know crap about football and therefore i will not be commenting anymore

You asked to create a poll about this n when the result is not on your side, you cant accept it? :bravo:
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 01:16:59 AM »

This shouldn't even be up for debate.

Lulic without the slightest doubt.
FORZA LAZIO!

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 01:18:51 AM »

And I do think we should respect our players more. Have seen some unnecessary bashing and name calling of our players, both here and in social networks. Quite embarassing and shameful.
FORZA LAZIO!

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 03:21:46 AM »

And I do think we should respect our players more. Have seen some unnecessary bashing and name calling of our players, both here and in social networks. Quite embarassing and shameful.

hear hear  :beer:

I hope Lazio would stood still by lukaku and one day (next season perhaps?) he become more complete

we surely dont want another cavanda  :roll_eyes:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 08:25:21 AM »

For what it's worth, on our Twitter poll, it's virtually 50/50 between Lukaku and Lulic. So as much as many of us here don't think it's up for debate, Twitter vindicates Roman_Eagle.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 10:00:05 AM »

i am trully amazed by the results ! apparently i don't know crap about football and therefore i will not be commenting anymore

You asked to create a poll about this n when the result is not on your side, you cant accept it? :bravo:

i am accepting it, that is why I said i will not comment anymore, because apparently  i don't know anything about football.

I do care to elaborate on my previous post: why am i amazed? because, its not the first time the forum is defining the capabilities of a player, before they can really see him play. how many of the ppl, who voted lulic, can honestly say, they have watched lukaku play? none, not even me. why? easy...he is not given enough time. it happened with SMS and the drama he caused between Lazio and viola - the majority on the forum was already asking why are we taking this drama queen, now he's one of Lazio's best, if not the best. It happened to Dias - who wanted a 32 yr old brasilian, never played outside latin america? held our defense for two seasons... examples are numerous and yet ppl still judge, before they have enough to judge on.

for me it's an easy pick - lukaku is faster, has better technique on the ball, poses constant threat for the oposition, has stamina, connects better to the other midfielders.

judge gim after the has 5-10 games as a starter, but i doubt inzaghi will trust him, because it's just how inzaghi works. he never puts in a youngster, unless the starters are fit

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 10:14:49 AM »

I do care to elaborate on my previous post: why am i amazed? because, its not the first time the forum is defining the capabilities of a player, before they can really see him play.

I understand the point you are making but I fail to see how it applies here. You bring up SMS and Dias as examples of when Lazio fans are quick to judge, but in those cases, neither player had played for us and both were signed at a time when Lazio management were failing to meet expectations of the fanbase - Dias was signed in the middle of an unexpected relegation battle when certain players were frozen out and other 'signings' never happened, and SMS arrived at a time most wanted Lotito and Tare to invest in preparation for the Champions League. Some of the anger was misplaced.

This isn't the same. Lukaku is closing in on 50 appearances for Lazio. Sure, many are as a substitute, but at what point are you able to form an opinion?

And of course, it can be turned the other way: if none of us have seen enough to judge Lukaku, why are you so vehemently arguing he should play over Lulic?

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 10:47:49 AM »

I feel Lukaku has played plenty of games over the last season and a half for people to form an opinion on what he offers the team and where his weaknesses lie.

Its not like we are comparing SMS to say, Neto, who no one has seen kick a ball.

Also none of the replies have said that Lukaku isnt good, in fact the opposite, most have commented on his positive traits that you mention, his speed, strength, etc, but also commented that his one dimensional play and other weaknesses that Lulic doesnt possess make Lulic the better option at the moment.

It will likely change over time, Lulic is 32 and Lukaku is 22. If both players are still here in 3 years time im sure the outcome would be reversed.

Remember as well that peoples opinions on footballers are very fickle and short minded. This very forum called Lulic and Parolo "finished" earlier this season.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 10:51:09 AM »

Don't know what' up here. ....

especially this
...connects better to the other midfielders.
a the point where Lulic is the much better player.
Take a look at my stats i posted - especially the passing. This is the point where Lulic is versatile!! He has the eye to create space for the others.

Sure, Lukaku has (like Marusic too) his pros. - btw - i compare Lukaku to Marusic because both can do the same = trying with power to break the side and make a cross. But that's it. Both are not the best in defending or winning balls,.... interceptions....
And both don't really click for a fast gameplay. They try with all their power to break the side and cross the ball.
If we play against opponents which don't cover the sides down, they can be a weapon. If both are locked, they are useless in the whole game.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 01:25:56 PM »

Even if the poll is favouring Lulic clearly, I don't think it's that clear for most of us. For example I chose Lulic but it's very close, like 55-45 for Lulic. Lulic is just all-around safer option due to his more tactical style of play and experience while neither are amazing offensively even though I rate Lukaku better in that department.

Btw would be interesting to see what people think of Basta and Marusic situation when this topic is finished.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5