Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018  (Read 2687 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018
« on: February 10, 2018, 04:15:36 PM »

SSC Napoli - SS Lazio  4-1

*3' De Vrij (Immobile)
*43' Callejon (Jorginho)
*54' Wallace (o.g.)
*56' Zielinski (Mario Rui)
*73' Mertens (Zielinski)

subs: Zielinski (Allan), Maggio (Callejon), Rog (Hamsik)
subs: Lukaku (Lulic), Caicedo (Luis Alberto), Nani (Leiva)

highlights:
http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/italy-serie-a/10-02-2018-ssc-napoli-lazio.html

positional & situational reports:
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1225375/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2017-2018-Napoli-Lazio
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:49:57 PM by Evesto »

Sile

• LF Legend
Re: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:48:36 PM »

Things were going relatively well and it all just fell apart within 12 minutes of 2nd half.
Familiar story, there has to be a reason as to why we concede so much immediately after the break.
Nothing much else to say
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 10:48:47 PM »

Disgusting performance from our defence. I really don't know what to say anymore because it's been said so many times.

It was painful watching our defenders lose the Napoli forwards constantly when high balls were played over our defence..or our defenders frantically trying to pull an offside trap while 2-3 players running forward and one running backwards to keep track of an opponent.

I'm thinking what we're going through right now is why we won't play Champions League next season. The only way we get back on track is if Ciro finds his old form and starts banging in goals again. We do not have the defence to end in top 4 and I'd start to worry about top 6 as well if I were you.

Oh god how I miss Dias and Biava. Those two players knew how to defend.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:52:30 PM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:50:06 PM »

Ciro will be back to banging in goals sooner rather then later. Last season he had a month or so goalless but came back. No worries.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 10:51:02 PM »

inzaghi's stuborness again cost us 3 points, it was clear that after 45 minutes of hard pressing, the midfield was exhausted and could no longer keep up with napoli's game. why field wallace when you have caceres???you have nani on the bench - virtualy the most experienced player in our squad and you keep him for a sub??

2 mistakes by lulic - 2 goals

Quintus

• Aquilotto
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 10:51:20 PM »

I'm so pissed off tonight... The same match than in September. One half time good and then Napoli Walk on our team. And Inzaghi don't succeed in finding his big one between Bastos, Caceres, Patric and the Star Wallace... And i'm worried because I see a really tired Lazio...
Let's focus on our good first half and Let's do a place at the Europa League.

Poor evening, I have a headache mates....
Allez la Lazio !

Delta

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 10:57:40 PM »

Situation is really bad when your goalkeeper picks ball out of net four times and still is probably only option for man of the match  :wuzz:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 10:58:26 PM »

One has to look to from 12th spot in Serie to find teams who concede more goals then us.
Hard to claim then there's not problem with defenders. 
Our midfield and attack bring Lazio among the top 3 scoring teams in Serie A and our defence brings us down to the bottom half of the table.
Don't think there's any other team in Europe who is looking that way.

Reason?   
Obviously in the signing department.  Like Ilsempre said during the game, if we had exprienced Serie A cb's from lower ranked team we'd be better and that's most likely true.
But that brings us back to discussions already had, they simply don't sign for Lazio.  They either stay at the lower teams or fill the bench of the richer clubs.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 11:01:28 PM »

Yeah at this point I'd take a Biava or even a Stendardo and send Wallace and Bastos packing.

I cannot articulate how badly I want to see some of our defenders leave next summer. Please make it happen, completely reshape our defence. The club has to act on this problem now.

I miss those no nonsense oldschool CBs that the lesser teams like to have. The ones we always have trouble breaking through. I don't give a shit anymore if our CBs can run forward with the ball or even if they are good at passing it around..I never understand that part of modern football where defenders now act as midfielders and old school defenders are dying out.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 11:03:42 PM »

One has to look to from 12th spot in Serie to find teams who concede more goals then us.
Hard to claim then there's not problem with defenders. 
Our midfield and attack bring Lazio among the top 3 scoring teams in Serie A and our defence brings us down to the bottom half of the table.
Don't think there's any other team in Europe who is looking that way.

Reason?   
Obviously in the signing department.  Like Ilsempre said during the game, if we had exprienced Serie A cb's from lower ranked team we'd be better and that's most likely true.
But that brings us back to discussions already had, they simply don't sign for Lazio.  They either stay at the lower teams or fill the bench of the richer clubs.

the right question is why is caceres not playing?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12