Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018  (Read 2710 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 11:18:43 PM »

One has to look to from 12th spot in Serie to find teams who concede more goals then us.
Hard to claim then there's not problem with defenders. 
Our midfield and attack bring Lazio among the top 3 scoring teams in Serie A and our defence brings us down to the bottom half of the table.
Don't think there's any other team in Europe who is looking that way.

Reason?   
Obviously in the signing department.  Like Ilsempre said during the game, if we had exprienced Serie A cb's from lower ranked team we'd be better and that's most likely true.
But that brings us back to discussions already had, they simply don't sign for Lazio.  They either stay at the lower teams or fill the bench of the richer clubs.

Didn't we do exactly that by signing Caceres from Verona? This has to go on Inzaghi for the 2nd game in a row, he didn't adapt. He can't act when we're being overwhelmed. Too much emphassis is being placed on the RCB position, why can't all defenders function there? To me it's pretty obvious, Marusic is not supporting or covering at all, this barely happened when Basta was first choice and its about time that Marusic is benched. Inzaghi is always flipping from conservative to all out which is loosing us points, we need him to use his mind and adapt in time and not just go all out when the match is lost, we shouldnt have lost to Genoa if Inzaghi did the right choises and we wouldn't have been battered today had Inzaghi took measures to neutralize Insigne, yet now we have a deflated team out of confidence and in need of a miracle to save this season. Simone needs to wake the **** up.

Caceres didn't get the usual way.  He got here like Immobile did, via a sideroute.  Both went abroad an failed.  Ciro came directly to us after a few teams abroad, Caceres just made a sidestep with Verona.

If they wouldn't have gone abroad they wouldn't have signed for Lazio.

------------------

I agree about that aspect on Inzaghi.  In every game that has gone wrong this season he made some very arguable subs, and he keeps on doing it.  I don't know what he's hoping to happen each time.

Bobbi

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 11:19:06 PM »

A very tough game to watch.

We started off very well I thought, got an early goal, and threatened a few times with good through balls and confident passing. A real shame that we did not push harder for a second goal. In saying that, Napoli remained calm and composed and waited for their chance. We were very good up until Callejon's goal. That was sickening, just before half time and such a simple goal, we lost focus for a split second a paid dearly for that.

In the second half, they upped the tempo and put us under real pressure. Their midfield was so organised and flowed well linking up to their attackers so it was sadly only a question of when they will score. Wallace was a nightmare all game long and his own goal was ridiculous. No real pressure on him and Strakosha was diving for what would have been such a simple pick up. I would really like to know if Strakosha yelled out to claim the ball or not. Regardless, I feel that Wallace should have been able to direct the ball out for a corner kick and especially so as he did not have an attacker on him. Horrific goal to concede. From there on, I had a horrible feeling we would concede more. The deflected goal hurt us as well. Didn't deserve that. And then Mertens rounded it off.

The sub choices by Inzaghi were questionable. I understand Lukaku coming on but Nani and Caicedo for Luis Alberto and especially Leiva, I still don't get. Leiva and Parolo were the only ones in midfield actually working hard today. Caicedo I like and understand the logic but Nani? I hope his loan is not extended or he isn't bought and that he goes back to Valencia. For an older and experienced player, he really has not done much for us when given the chance against bigger teams IMO.

I hate Napoli and seeing those clowns celebrate as if they won the Scudetto was too much. I really hope Juve smash them in Turin and claim the title, that would be sweet.

For me, and like most of us, it is clear that our RCB position is our biggest issue. Seeing Wallace and Bastos given chance after chance after poor performance after poor performance really gets to me. If the club could afford better defenders, then these guys would be out of here quickly. I want to see Inzaghi give Caceres a good run in the first XI now, or at least give Luiz Felipe more game time.

Our LWB and RWB would ideally also do with upgrades but I know that is pushing it. Sadly it is clear that Lulic is struggling this season and we can't rely on our Capitano for too much longer. The likes of Lukaku and Marusic are promising but realistically are not regular first XI material in my honest opinion.

Another worrying issue for me is our attack force have slowed down over the past month few weeks. The link up play between Ciro, SMS and Luis Alberto is not functioning as well as it was before Christmas. I am hoping that in our next game against Verona we can put the past few weeks behind, move on and get a solid win at home against them.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 11:29:15 PM »

I created a poll about our defence and whether it's time Inzaghi switches things around

http://forum.lazioland.com//index.php/topic,3146.msg215495/topicseen.html#msg215495
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 11:37:35 PM »

At least on a positive note, SMS showed some magic out there. Leiva is still playing very well, Radu is solid, Strakosha is also maintaining a decent playing level. Parolo was partly invisible today, shame about that header. DV brings us bad luck when he scores against napoli :(
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 11:44:25 PM »

cant help it, but still thinking this week could have been avoided by some rotation and keeping the players fresh.

Boksic

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2018, 11:50:31 PM »

cant help it, but still thinking this week could have been avoided by some rotation and keeping the players fresh.

I don't see this issue as players being tired. Lulic shouldn't be tired, yet he screwed up, Wallace should be fine yet he did am own goal. Same goes for Marusic. The once who should be tired like Radu, Parolo and Leiva are the ones performing day in day out.

Lazio Forever

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2018, 11:52:13 PM »

Tired?????
Really?
Cmon, we know its not that.
Inzaghi and his defencive choices are to blame.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2018, 11:59:35 PM »

I don't see this issue as players being tired. Lulic shouldn't be tired, yet he screwed up, Wallace should be fine yet he did am own goal. Same goes for Marusic. The once who should be tired like Radu, Parolo and Leiva are the ones performing day in day out.

i already said my opinion about lulic

but the midfield is the most important part of this team and we have only 3 starters there, which had absolutely no rest, it was obvious we coulnd't press napoli anymore after the 50th minute and therefore we lost the game

Boksic

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 12:18:20 AM »

i already said my opinion about lulic

but the midfield is the most important part of this team and we have only 3 starters there, which had absolutely no rest, it was obvious we coulnd't press napoli anymore after the 50th minute and therefore we lost the game

I don't think the issue was with the CMs, we couldn't cope with attacks coming from the flanks, Radu and Wallace were too exposed. I think both Leiva and Parolo did a good job and Milinkovic was owning them in the first half. He lost his head in the 2nd half, Lulic was totally off and his lack of concentration cost us big time and Wallace went nuts thats why we lost the match. One individual and the rest its all mental.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 12:27:11 AM »

We were the better team until they scored twice from nothing and broke the game. If they conceded two goals like we did the score would be much different.

Apart from Wallace reminding us all what it used to be like watching Hoedt play, the team fought well.

Forza Lazio  :offlag:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12