Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018  (Read 2674 times)

campiador

• Aquilotto
Re: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2018, 11:55:40 PM »

simply hilarious post, again talking nonsense to prove your point.

What did the guy ever do to you?  :razz:

Lulic (1) is a right-footed LWB, so when close to opposition box, he cannot cross properly with his left foot so 90% of the time he does the predictable Lullic move instead. (2) When in possession in our half and facing the faintest amount of pressure, Lullic usually gives the ball away through aimless clearances, instead of targeted passes.

Marusic is following Lullic's footsteps, and we need high quality wingers. We would have destroyed Roma if we had a Kolarov instead of Lullic. And we used to. Same problem with RWB, though comparatively benign.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2018, 12:04:00 AM »

It's Lulic, not Lullic. He ain't French bro.

Ease up on him. He is the captain, a hard worker and loyal. He ****ed 1927 and there is no reason to bash on him, he makes mistakes, big deal, he's human. You and all of us owe him respect for everything he's done for Lazio.

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2018, 01:42:00 AM »

Respecting and giving a first 11 spot are two different things. I'm not bashing him. I am among the few who actually prefer Lulic to Lukaku.

I am simply saying that this team needs wingers of higher caliber. We need players at the same level of Segej, Leiva, DV, Radu, and Ciro on our wings. That's what I mean by Kolarov.

Please focus on him next time. See how many times he kicks the ball with no aim when under pressure. I am always grateful to Lulic for what he has done for us. But we have to stop our sentiments from clouding our judgment. Lulic is a decent player, but definitely not starting 11 material for CL.

christ_JM

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2018, 02:12:36 AM »

I read through all the pages, and I am astonished that no one really analysed why we lost control of the game after 43 minutes.
For me it was clear obvious. Both Leiva and SMS bookings. !

Before leiva got booked, we controlled quite well and covered even better except for the bad offside positioning for a couple of plays including the goal. we had better midfield control and better ball spread. we were absorbing Napoli
Before SMS got booked , we were dominating the Areial and pushing forward. we had two cler cut chances where we should had scored one of them.

After both leiva and SMS got booked, we crumbled, and you can clearly see neither Leiva or SMS are even trying to get the ball.

We can go down and say it was this and that indivudal error, but in the broader aspect of things i am convinced these 2 bookings changed our whole feel to the game.

What is more irritating is that Napoli seem to have been instructed to nag, shout and whine from minute one on each altercation and pressure the referee. i barely saw one Lazio player do that. both Callejon and Alain should have been booked way before both SMS and Leiva were, but that didn't happen, because we didn't pressure the referee

For example, Callejon dangerously tackles strakosha in the box after the GK gets the ball. Not one of our players confronted callejon and made a scene about it. if we had done that, callejon whould have been booked, and games do change with these small incidents

Good post.

The referee plays a big part even though no red cards were shown. I am surprised Leiva received a yellow card when he hit the ball.

We had the momentum and failed to score a second goal.

When your attack fails to retain posession or score in one of the 4-5 half chances, it invariably puts your defence under immense pressure.

It is for this reason that Lulic etc made the "mistake".

This goal also depleted the energy from the side.

We did not come out to play at all after half time.
Laziale!

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2018, 02:35:41 AM »

Respecting and giving a first 11 spot are two different things. I'm not bashing him. I am among the few who actually prefer Lulic to Lukaku.

I am simply saying that this team needs wingers of higher caliber. We need players at the same level of Segej, Leiva, DV, Radu, and Ciro on our wings. That's what I mean by Kolarov.

Please focus on him next time. See how many times he kicks the ball with no aim when under pressure. I am always grateful to Lulic for what he has done for us. But we have to stop our sentiments from clouding our judgment. Lulic is a decent player, but definitely not starting 11 material for CL.

Among the few? It was like 50:4 for Lulic  :razz:

I don't have a problem with Lulic having only one dribble because it works a lot of the times. He isn't having a great season but he is a good player.

I've looked at Lulic for the last 10 years and I've seen a lot, sometimes bad and sometimes good. But what he did buys him a place here forever.

Better wingers than him cost at least 20 millions. Lotito won't pay that so get used to Lulic 71  :winner:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2018, 08:08:47 AM »

Dude WTF, everybody knows the side backs should follow the CB to keep the offside line.

That's just not true. In many teams, the centre-backs are supposed to follow the full-backs or wing-backs because generally the wide defenders are further up the pitch so the centre-backs have to match their line.

Seriously?! You are willing to question the most basic facts of the game to win an argument!

Name one team where the side backs lead the offside line! You can't! And I'll explain why.

What I can do is show you an actual Premier League manager and someone who used to play Lulic's position who shares my viewpoint.

Playing the offside trap as a full-back: the do's and don'ts

There was no 'offside trap' to be played on that goal because the defensive line were not positoned for it. This is really obvious if you look beyond wanting to put the blame on Lulic.

blue_sky

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2018, 11:25:55 AM »

Dude WTF, everybody knows the side backs should follow the CB to keep the offside line.

That's just not true. In many teams, the centre-backs are supposed to follow the full-backs or wing-backs because generally the wide defenders are further up the pitch so the centre-backs have to match their line.

Seriously?! You are willing to question the most basic facts of the game to win an argument!

Name one team where the side backs lead the offside line! You can't! And I'll explain why.

Have you ever played defense in football? I have. The reason center back holds the line and not the side backs or wingers is that a side back can glance at one side. Whereas if the CB were to follow side backs he would have to look both to left and right. Given that human eye cannot follow two objects of 180 degree at the same time, it is impossible for the center back to follow the side backs simultaneously. The last side back alternative is if everyone was following one side back, say right back. That would make the left side-back the weak spot, because then left back has to try hard to follow a player very far from him. In our case for example, Lulic would probably have two or three fellow defenders in between himself and the defender on the other side of the pitch.

It's simple and it's plain.
That's very true. +1
And it's not about we play offside trap or not but it's about a defense line when being attack.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2018, 12:19:34 PM »

Absolutely blowing my mind that so many people here are agreeing with an argument that Lulic - a wing-back/wide-midfielder - should be pushing up to match the line of Radu - a centre-back - to play a successful offside trap and that I'm being told that I'm arguing against basic facts of the game.

If Inzaghi was actually coaching the team to play offside, the obvious way to plan it is this: Radu, match Lulic's line. Wallace, match Marusic's line, de Vrij, join the line. That's why I'm saying the wing-backs can set the line in offside traps because very often - particularly the way we play - they are further up the pitch and therefore the onus should be on the centre-backs to push up alongside them.

But we had five players all in a rough line (everyone was moving around, no one holding station), none of them applying pressure to the Napoli forwards. That's not the positioning required to play offside.

Sure, you can argue given the way events unfolded, that Lulic should've pushed up but here's the three issues I have with that and it's the last I'll say on the matter.

1) equally reasonable to ask why Radu - who has no one in close proximity - doesn't check on Callejon and positions himself to track back and intercept the long ball over the top. After all, what does Radu actually do in the end?

2) if Lulic pushes up more decisively, then Callejon would delay his run and Wallace would end up playing him onside and then you Lulic is the idiot for running away from Callejon.

3) Strakosha could've come of his line and made it much more difficult for Callejon.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2018, 12:20:33 PM »

I played nearly my whole football amateur career as defender - first as RB then CB. Sometimes i was used in the defensive midfield.

I totally agree with campiador when he says that the sidebacks should follow the CBs when you play an offside trap.
Sure, you can start to build the trap from the wingbacks too, but normally - this gets build up from the CBs.

BUT - the big jumping point is - that in this situation where people blame Lulic - our CBs where not playing an offside trap. This was simply not planned in this situation, because both Radu and De Vrij were standing too deep for playing a trap.

You can perfectly see it on Wallace. He is a bit more upfront, but his body shows in Strakosha direction. He is simply standing more upfront, and De Vrij and Radu are going to that line.

They simply didn't play an offside trap because they wanted to!!! If they would have done this, all 5 on the line would make their steps in the opponents direction.

Look at Marusic, Wallace and Lulic - and you see that no one played on an offside trap!

And again ... in general - since when exactly does Lazio play active on offside traps? We are playing with 5 defenders - there is no need to play that. Real active offside traps - we barely see in our team.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:05 PM »

Sorry Cathal, but even in that video you shared, Chris Hughton is saying that the 2 CBs will create "the line"  as they are closest to each other and can communicate and obviously have the attacker(s) close to are able to time the trap.

He says that "the important one is the fullback" - this doesnt mean he is the one leading the line, he is saying that its important that he doesnt let himself drop deeper than the CBs because doing so of course means the striker is onside. The fullback is important in the sense that he can ruin it the trap. But he cant create it.

I dont agree with pinning the blame on Lulic at all (maybe it would have been better for some if Lukaku had played  :supsmile: )   but it is clear that when an offisde trap was tried, it failed. But we had more than 1 problem defensively against Napoli, the lack of overall coordination is just one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12