Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018  (Read 2709 times)

Cnon

• LF Legend
Re: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2018, 02:15:08 PM »

If there is one player to blame from the first goal, then it surely is Lulic. He was minding his own and not focusing on what's happening around him. But even with Lulic being two step deeper than the rest, our defensive line was pretty darn good and basically you just have to give credits to Napoli for that amazing run and pass, world-class stuff basically which could break any defence in the world.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »

Damn straight Leiva was tired.  This has been obvious for several of games where he got subbed and people find Inzaghi making unlogical subs.  Yet the club feels no reinforcement needed.  Lazio has been digging it's own grave slowly and slowy and it's was getting deep enough to fall in the last few weeks.

But it makes no difference if our manager is not prepared to utilise his bench fully.

Napoli need to bring guys like Diawara and Rog on every week, and Juventus often throw Sturaro and Betancur out there, not to mention a totally banged up Marchisio. That keeps the midfield fresh.

At Lazio, when we're 2-3 goals up, Inzaghi looks to get Nani and Anderson on or to give Lukaku and Caicedo time when maybe it would do no harm to give Parolo 20 minutes off and give Murgia 20 minutes of Serie A football to put under his belt.

I understand the point about needing another midfielder and the desire for that player to be more proven than Murgia, but that's a romantic notion even for Allegri and Sarri.

I feel Inzaghi is looking at keeping his entrie squad happy, when maybe he needs to be more focused on maintaining the level of the starting XI. After all, managing a team that plays in three competitions is a new experience to Simone.

I have to agree with you of course, simply because it's true.  Inzaghi does need to put in Murgia for those final periods in games instead of simply eliminating the position of controlling midfielder.

Inzaghi wants to keep his 'bigger' names on the bench happy with this subbing roles, wich i can understand but am certainly not agreeing with at all. 

Like mentioned before the roster is unbalanced, with more then enough attacking players and to less of controlling central midfielders. 

Inzaghi has Caicedo, Nani & formerly Anderson on the bench with a much bigger status then Murgia.  With this reason he's putting them in.  I'm guessing if there was a CM with more 'status' on the bench Leiva or Parolo would be getting there rest more often then now. 

I'm not excusing him for not bringing Murgia, but i can really understand he wants to keep balance in the squad. 

You mention Diawara & Rog for Sarri, but i think Diawara would get his time on the field here at Lazio much quicker then Murgia, even with Nani on the bench.  Or Marchisio/Sturaro to add to the matter.

Okay, Sarri & Allegri don't have exactly thesame quality on the bench as second option but the difference for Inzaghi with Leiva and Murgia is much bigger imo.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2018, 02:19:42 PM »

If there is one player to blame from the first goal, then it surely is Lulic. He was minding his own and not focusing on what's happening around him. But even with Lulic being two step deeper than the rest, our defensive line was pretty darn good and basically you just have to give credits to Napoli for that amazing run and pass, world-class stuff basically which could break any defence in the world.

There's most definitly a weakness to our formation and style because of the wingers, no doubt about that.  This system requires very dependable wingers in attack and defence.  Lulic, Lukaku and Marusic all lack in defence except Basta, but he lacks more in offence.

This has imo proven more in our losses then the central defence, with the exception of Bastos.

This roster doesn't have the real solution for a solid 4 man backline, noar the for a solid 3-5-x formation.
As long is this is 'unbalanced' we can never have a fully solid season.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2018, 02:45:50 PM »

our defensive line was pretty darn good and basically you just have to give credits to Napoli for that amazing run and pass, world-class stuff basically which could break any defence in the world.

Our defensive line wasn't great in that situation, it just happened to be better than it was for most of the game. Napoli played well, no doubt, but let's say I go with forum logic that every time there's an opportunity to play offside and the player doesn't play offside, said player is at fault. Here's the highlights.

0:55 - 'failed offside trap' - Wallace, de Vrij and Radu to blame
1:25 - 'failed offside trap' - Lulic to blame
2:25 - 'failed offside trap' - Radu to blame
2:35 - 'failed offside trap' - Wallace and Radu to blame
3:27 - 'failed offside trap' - de Vrij to blame

We didn't have a clue what we were doing out there. Everyone was doing their own thing. It was obvious.

Okay, Sarri & Allegri don't have exactly thesame quality on the bench as second option but the difference for Inzaghi with Leiva and Murgia is much bigger imo.

That could be the case, but we can't know until Murgia actually gets more action. As I said a few years ago, Cataldi managed to convince many that he was the next big thing simply because he was out there on the field. The gulf in quality between Lulic who was hurt and Cataldi who came in was monumental, but we got away with it. We should get away with playing Murgia too.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2018, 03:03:50 PM »

Our defensive line wasn't great in that situation, it just happened to be better than it was for most of the game. Napoli played well, no doubt, but let's say I go with forum logic that every time there's an opportunity to play offside and the player doesn't play offside, said player is at fault. Here's the highlights.

We didn't have a clue what we were doing out there. Everyone was doing their own thing. It was obvious.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
perfect sum up of more than one situation where our defense had a bad standing.

BTW.... Lazio never never plays offside traps!!! They didn't just tried it in this game - no no - , they simply didn't know what they do...
in these scenes you can see that there is always at least one player who is standing too deep compared to the rest. But the funny thing is - they don't play offside traps because they wanted to...
This is all coincidence what we see here....and exactly this is the sad thing about our defense. They didn't know what they should do!!!

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2018, 03:06:21 PM »

our defensive line was pretty darn good and basically you just have to give credits to Napoli for that amazing run and pass, world-class stuff basically which could break any defence in the world.

I was only talking about that one incident and about the line, not what they're doing or what they're not doing. It's basically as straight line as possible (which is what you want) except that Lulic is two steps deeper. Imagine, two steps marginal in our line and Napoli found a way to abuse it. I've seen much much worse lines that still hold it because the opposing teams doesn't have as perfect runs or long passes. And I'm not even talking about the first touch which again was perfect. That's all I meant.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2018, 10:39:31 PM »

very very interesting discussion about the goals.

First, our first half was a good display. Not very good, but good - unfortunately we were not able to get a 2 goal lead, because we didn't create enough chances.

to the 1:1. Lulic fault? ... for sure he was a part of this. whole fault? ... never!!

- first, this was never never ever an offside trap - an offside trap which should have been a real planned one.
Marusic and Wallace were on the same line like De Vrij and Radu, but they didn't do it because they wanted to. When the pass came, Wallace is standing still with his body in direction to our goal. This player never played an offside trap in this situation. Same goes for Marusic.

- Lulic should look to the CBs what they are doing, that's completely right, but can anyone tell me what they are doing?....they were seconds before simply too deep in general. If they play/stand more upfront, this situation can't happen

you have 4 out of 5 defenders playing in line and keeping players off side and you are actually defending the 5th man, who plays callejon on side?

yes wallace is facing the goal expecting a run from mertens or insigne, but he is not playing anyone onside

it doesn't matter how high the defense is, as long as there is someone falling behind, i seriously find it very very hard to find your arguments here, the guy was 1 meter behind the rest....

how do you know what wallace and marusic wanted to do? you train everyday with them?

on the second goal - the fact the pass goes left and not center means the central field is covered, but what does lulic do, when he loses the ball? rushes back to cover his area? nope...does a little jog

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2018, 10:56:08 PM »

simply hilarious post, again talking nonsense to prove your point.

0:55 - how can you blame your 3 central defenders  :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: plus insigne was well covered by wallace and had no chance to score

1:25 - already covered that

2:25 - yes, radu covers the offside, but guess what - he covers his man aswell, unlike lulic, who just stopped following callejon

2:35 - apparently you are not aware how this thing works saying this is a failed offside

3:27 - dv follows his man and the guy is covered, the fact is the other defenders failed

all in all i see one offside play failed and its the lulic one, because for an offside to fail its widely accepted that the player which escapes has a clear shot on goal

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2018, 11:08:46 PM »

simply hilarious post, again talking nonsense to prove your point.

Of course it is hilarious and nonsensical - I was using YOUR logic to illustrate how flawed it is when you apply it to ALL scenarios in the game.

All you did in totally misunderstanding the post was prove that you are not applying the same logic to Lulic as you are to other players.

What did the guy ever do to you?  :razz:

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2018, 11:34:11 PM »

Dude WTF, everybody knows the side backs should follow the CB to keep the offside line.

That's just not true. In many teams, the centre-backs are supposed to follow the full-backs or wing-backs because generally the wide defenders are further up the pitch so the centre-backs have to match their line.

Seriously?! You are willing to question the most basic facts of the game to win an argument!

Name one team where the side backs lead the offside line! You can't! And I'll explain why.

Have you ever played defense in football? I have. The reason center back holds the line and not the side backs or wingers is that a side back can glance at one side. Whereas if the CB were to follow side backs he would have to look both to left and right. Given that human eye cannot follow two objects of 180 degree at the same time, it is impossible for the center back to follow the side backs simultaneously. The last side back alternative is if everyone was following one side back, say right back. That would make the left side-back the weak spot, because then left back has to try hard to follow a player very far from him. In our case for example, Lulic would probably have two or three fellow defenders in between himself and the defender on the other side of the pitch.

It's simple and it's plain.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:43:11 PM by campiador »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12