Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018  (Read 2709 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: SSC Napoli - SS Lazio 4-1, 10/02/2018
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2018, 03:21:47 PM »

Napoli had 3 attackers and Lazio 3 cb's, would seem strange to me that Radu isn't looking at Callejon with at least half an eye since i would expect him to be assigned to him.  Marusic has to support Wallace & Lulic for Radu.  If Callejon passes freely i would also have trouble leaving Radu with absolutly no blame whatsoever. 

Exactly. With Callejon, Lulic and Radu are supposed to have each other's back and Stefan didn't have Senad's back.

Now, someone could say Radu did have Lulic's back - he played Callejon offside and Lulic screwed himself over - but when you are playing an offside trap, sort of important to give Lulic the heads up on it.

That's why for me, it's as simple as our defenders were not on the same page. Yeah, Lulic could've pushed up and played Callejon off but Radu could've looked at Callejon, dropped back to cover Lulic and intercepted Jorginho's pass.

Keen to see how those putting 100% of the blame on Lulic can possibly justify putting 0% of the blame on Radu, but can't really say anything more on the matter.

Sounds logical to me.  Neither Lulic or Radu are in the clear imo also.

Mark

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2018, 03:23:22 PM »

our defensive line was pretty darn good and basically you just have to give credits to Napoli for that amazing run and pass, world-class stuff basically which could break any defence in the world.

Our defensive line wasn't great in that situation, it just happened to be better than it was for most of the game. Napoli played well, no doubt, but let's say I go with forum logic that every time there's an opportunity to play offside and the player doesn't play offside, said player is at fault. Here's the highlights.

0:55 - 'failed offside trap' - Wallace, de Vrij and Radu to blame
1:25 - 'failed offside trap' - Lulic to blame
2:25 - 'failed offside trap' - Radu to blame
2:35 - 'failed offside trap' - Wallace and Radu to blame
3:27 - 'failed offside trap' - de Vrij to blame

We didn't have a clue what we were doing out there. Everyone was doing their own thing. It was obvious.

Okay, Sarri & Allegri don't have exactly thesame quality on the bench as second option but the difference for Inzaghi with Leiva and Murgia is much bigger imo.

That could be the case, but we can't know until Murgia actually gets more action. As I said a few years ago, Cataldi managed to convince many that he was the next big thing simply because he was out there on the field. The gulf in quality between Lulic who was hurt and Cataldi who came in was monumental, but we got away with it. We should get away with playing Murgia too.

Think playing and falling the offside trap is an issue that Lazio has had for years, under various managers.

blue_sky

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »

Napoli had 3 attackers and Lazio 3 cb's, would seem strange to me that Radu isn't looking at Callejon with at least half an eye since i would expect him to be assigned to him.  Marusic has to support Wallace & Lulic for Radu.  If Callejon passes freely i would also have trouble leaving Radu with absolutly no blame whatsoever. 

Exactly. With Callejon, Lulic and Radu are supposed to have each other's back and Stefan didn't have Senad's back.

Now, someone could say Radu did have Lulic's back - he played Callejon offside and Lulic screwed himself over - but when you are playing an offside trap, sort of important to give Lulic the heads up on it.

That's why for me, it's as simple as our defenders were not on the same page. Yeah, Lulic could've pushed up and played Callejon off but Radu could've looked at Callejon, dropped back to cover Lulic and intercepted Jorginho's pass.

Keen to see how those putting 100% of the blame on Lulic can possibly justify putting 0% of the blame on Radu, but can't really say anything more on the matter.

Sounds logical to me.  Neither Lulic or Radu are in the clear imo also.
That question won't matter or should not be questioned.
No one is looking other back coz Radu & DV are two step in front of Lulic in other words Lulic is the last line/person in that situation. How did supposed Radu see the left side plus Lulic is 2 steps behind him?
And it's matter to state that we don't play man marking in that 20-25 meter. Where the logic comes when we play 3 defenders against 3 attackers and in middle of 25 m area?
It's not make sense to ask that kind of logic to counter that obviously Lulic mistake. Not saying 100% and I never said it, but maybe 99% :whistle:

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2018, 10:36:32 PM »

just watch the reactions after the goal, its obvious who is at fault, can't say more

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2018, 02:17:16 PM »

Sure Radu could have played it better, nobody denies that. Also Strakosha played it poorly but when you have a striker 1on1 against you and no defenders close, it's hard to be too critical. And like I said before, I also give props to Napoli, they did so many things amazingly well to score. So it's like 60% on Lulic, 30% on Napoli being great, 5% on Radu not noticing what Callejon is doing and 5% on Strakosha not rushing forward more. Oh, and the midfielders could have played it better too but you get the point.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

campiador

• Aquilotto
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2018, 09:55:28 PM »

Cathal, even in the video you shared the wingbacks and sidebacks always maintain a higher or equal position in the pitch.  Never behind the central defenders. Lullic did not notice he was way behind Radu and DV. That's all.

That said, given the current roster, I will just like Simone play Lulic for 65-70 minutes and then play Lukaku in the last 20 minutes to exploit the tiredness of opposition, because Lulic is more reliable defensively. But we have to plan ahead for next season.

The reason I stress this is so much is because our WB problem is not as conspicuous as the RCB issue.

My point is, Lulic is decent, but we need a better LWB if we intend to become a regular CL contender. Same with RWB.
In each of the other 9 positions, we have a really top player. We would be invincible if we had 11 top players. Lulic can be a valuable asset as the second option for LCM and also LWB. Hell with strong WBs, I really think we might have a shot at scudetto.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2018, 12:00:45 AM »

Sure Radu could have played it better, nobody denies that. Also Strakosha played it poorly but when you have a striker 1on1 against you and no defenders close, it's hard to be too critical. And like I said before, I also give props to Napoli, they did so many things amazingly well to score. So it's like 60% on Lulic, 30% on Napoli being great, 5% on Radu not noticing what Callejon is doing and 5% on Strakosha not rushing forward more. Oh, and the midfielders could have played it better too but you get the point.

what are you exepcting from strakosha in this situation?
find a replay of the game and see how radu is jesturing at lulic after the goal and lulic does not reply...its obvious what the tactical instructions were

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2018, 09:42:56 AM »

Jorginho's pass was in the air for 2 seconds and landed 14 yards from goal. If Strakosha comes for the ball, more than likely, he gets to the ball before Callejon.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2018, 11:01:16 AM »

find a replay of the game and see how radu is jesturing at lulic after the goal and lulic does not reply...its obvious what the tactical instructions were

Rushing forward and making it harder for Callejon. Now he just stands there and waits for Callejon to shoot wherever he wants. I'm not blaming him for not saving, I'm only saying that he could have played it better.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2018, 11:10:44 AM »

Jorginho's pass was in the air for 2 seconds and landed 14 yards from goal. If Strakosha comes for the ball, more than likely, he gets to the ball before Callejon.

Areola for PSG at Real last night.  Very similar.  He rushed out without hesitation and saved it.  Otherwise a sure goal by Ronaldo.  An alert and confident GK.

Strakosha wans't'awake the moment the pass took of, but just like several others.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12