Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: pre & post-matchtopic  (Read 418 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
pre & post-matchtopic
« on: February 10, 2018, 04:55:35 PM »

I recently had a demand from a member to put on a poll about this, who apparently did not fully appreciate the new system.  I noticed one or two other less satisfied posts in the beginning as well so to be fair to everyone i'm now putting on this poll.

I'm not going to pretend this new matchtopic is hard labour but i do put some time into it every game.  I do this because i find it pratical myself, not needing to scroll trough all the posts previous or during the game and get to the real discussions.  It seems much less chaotic and it seems other members appreciate it also.  With the new system people can feel free to go nuts in the first matchtopic during games without getting comment ...  :twinkle:

It's not like i'm getting paid for it, i do this only to spice up the forum a little and for the reasons already mentioned above.  If enough members wish to see this continue i have no problem to keep making an effort, with pleasure.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: pre & post-matchtopic
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »

I like the split topics

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 04:58:49 PM »

Doesn't make a difference for me, but I appreciate the hard work you put into keeping it organised for everyone.

I think maybe the mistake was not explaining it properly and so some members never understood why we implemented this system and what the benefit is (not having to crawl through a long ass discussion after the match)

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 05:01:05 PM »

Split. Really helps keep one as a chat during games. Thx for the work done evesto.
FORZA LAZIO!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 05:05:27 PM »

Doesn't make a difference for me, but I appreciate the hard work you put into keeping it organised for everyone.

I think maybe the mistake was not explaining it properly and so some members never understood why we implemented this system and what the benefit is (not having to crawl through a long ass discussion after the match)

I probably explained with a large post about 3 or 4 times during debates and in the first topics i put up.  The only other thing i could do is send PM's to every possible forummember but i didn't feel up to that since that's technically not possible.  You see the problem there already, half the posts are getting missed even with split topics.  U can imagine how chaotic it was for some before.   :twinkle:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 05:06:42 PM »

Split. Really helps keep one as a chat during games. Thx for the work done evesto.

A real pitty we don't get that chatbox back, it was very usefull for brief things that needed to get noticed also.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »

Yeah I get it man, it's not easy making such a big change and keeping everyone informed. I can't remember if you did this or not, but if not maybe make a sticky thread in the match section with the headline like "why there's two match topics or something like that"?

Also I thought admins could message all members via the admin section. I mean like a forum wide announcement in pm.

Either way don't worry about it, eventually everyone will understand why  :vcool:
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 05:15:33 PM »

Yeah I get it man, it's not easy making such a big change and keeping everyone informed. I can't remember if you did this or not, but if not maybe make a sticky thread in the match section with the headline like "why there's two match topics or something like that"?

Also I thought admins could message all members via the admin section. I mean like a forum wide announcement in pm.

Either way don't worry about it, eventually everyone will understand why  :vcool:

Could be it's actually possible but i missed it so far.  Tried something recently and i could only select a couple of members per post, so that would make a little ennoying.  Could also be that we don't have acces to that as contect creators.

Yes, an info message like you said might have been a good option, didn't think of it at the time.  But with this poll i guess now the info will take it's necessary course.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 05:20:20 PM »

Problem with the split topic is at the end of each game, we have the same debate in two topics. Problem with a single topic is that there's so much chat during the game that it becomes very difficult for anyone who wants to locate where the post-match debate begins. I don't mind either way, but we should always do what's best for the forum.

The real problem is that we don't have a working Chatbox.

Also I thought admins could message all members via the admin section. I mean like a forum wide announcement in pms.

There's a limit to how many members you can PM at one time. It would make it time consuming and to be honest, I'd imagine it would be annoying to see you have a PM and it's not major news.

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 05:27:19 PM »

Let's lock (pre)match topic at end of match and thus send all members, by inertia, to post-match topic.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...
Pages: [1] 2