Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Who is your right centre-back?  (Read 410 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Who is your right centre-back?
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:29:55 PM »

I know we're running a poll on the preferred shape of our backline, and I know that a Marusic v Basta poll is in demand, but with Inzaghi playing Marusic in the big games and refusing to budge on a back three, I thought a more practical question wouldn't go amiss at this time.

I realised Inzaghi has used three different right centre-backs in our last three league games - Bastos v Milan, Caceres v Genoa and Wallace v Napoli - and all of them have come in for criticism. In the past, we've tried Basta and Patric in this role, and Luiz Felipe is surely another option.

As of today, who do you prefer in that role?

drazvan

• LF Legend
Re: Who is your right centre-back?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 09:38:33 PM »

Well - from the current ones I actually think that Luis Felipe might be the ones making the least amount of errors. Bastos is for me better than Wallace, but both are really error prone. I voted for Caceres as I think he has the experience to be better than both. But I don't have any illusions - Caceres is not perfect either - we've seen at that 1 vs 1 with Laxalt when the referee saved us.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 09:46:08 PM »

I know we're running a poll on the preferred shape of our backline, and I know that a Marusic v Basta poll is in demand, but with Inzaghi playing Marusic in the big games and refusing to budge on a back three, I thought a more practical question wouldn't go amiss at this time.

I realised Inzaghi has used three different right centre-backs in our last three league games - Bastos v Milan, Caceres v Genoa and Wallace v Napoli - and all of them have come in for criticism. In the past, we've tried Basta and Patric in this role, and Luiz Felipe is surely another option.

As of today, who do you prefer in that role?

Bastos is a complete nope, he's gone beyond the point of no return for me.

Wallace is a player that I would hold on to. He's obviously not without his faults, but he is only 23 and in his second season playing in a top league. Sometimes he just does everything right, and is less hapless all round than Bastos.

Caceres by default is the strongest option, given time to gel. He can have the same sort of effect as Lucas Leiva, he has that winning mentality as he has done it all before at Juve. That kind of player keeps the team calm in situations such as last night.

Luiz Felipe is definitely somebody who I think we should use a little more, and he can grow into a solid centre back, but he's not ready right now. Patric is much too weak for the role.

Consistency. Consistency in the backline would be the best thing for it I believe. The chopping and changing and not knowing who is starting week in, week out is terrible. That consistency eliminates errors such as last nights OG, for example.

71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 09:57:40 PM »

I voted Caceres, was an easy choice. I did not think he had a great match against Genoa, but I hope he just needs a bit of time to settle into a role in a defence that is..not doing well  :whistle:

Also a bit intrigued with Luiz Felipe, but I don't actually know if he can play RCB. Isn't he for LCB normally? anyway, wouldn't mind seeing him play in EL maybe.

For Bastos and Wallace, I've lost hope in them. I wouldn't complain if both are sold in the summer.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 10:05:03 PM »

Like just said, consistency !  (voted Caceres)

Seems no problem for Radu and shouldn't be for Caceres nowadays either, but it seems De Vrij has to have an altered regime after most games to be ready for the next.  No real complaint about that, he seems to be getting ready each time.

I realize Caceres and Radu ain't planning futurwise but they aren't over the hill and we are in no state to gamble anymore.
Developping can follow later.  If Caceres weren't here i'd pick Wallace as RCB.  Patric would really need to buff up first, like Radu did.

I think we should keep Luiz and Wallace and see where they go best in the backline.
Definitly sell Bastos in the summer.  Then we will be needing 2 new cb's probably.
Replacing De Vrij and hopefully Bastos.

Have to say i really liked Caceres - Luiz Felipe - Radu at Milan in the Coppa.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 10:44:08 PM »

I don't see how you guys putting patric there, the dude came in as a right back/defensive mid, the fact that inzaghi plays him rcb doesn't mean he is....

voted caceres, obvious choice, number 2 is bastos

Hadi Van Der Vaart

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 03:25:23 AM »

I didnt see much of Caceres n not really excited with his signing, but I just feel he should play more as our RCB. For me the order is like this at the moment:
Caceres -> Patric -> Wallace -> Basta -> Luiz Felipe -> Bastos
Players come and go, but my Lazio is still eternal.
FORZA LAZIO!!!

chandraicang

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 06:04:15 AM »

I prefer patric to be honest as he plays decent as Rcb with least mistake and dont mind see cecares more often eithet as he brings experience. I dont rate Wallace and bastos and would be happy to see them gone in the next mercato. I prefer to see Felipe as CB backup
To cover a football pitch there is no better formation than a 4-3-3

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 10:52:29 AM »

Cecares. The easy choice.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 10:58:36 AM »

Well - from the current ones I actually think that Luis Felipe might be the ones making the least amount of errors. Bastos is for me better than Wallace, but both are really error prone. I voted for Caceres as I think he has the experience to be better than both. But I don't have any illusions - Caceres is not perfect either - we've seen at that 1 vs 1 with Laxalt when the referee saved us.

I go with Caceres because of his experience, but agree with drazvan here too.
Let's say it this way - I vote for Caceres, but can imagine Luis Felipe as a long term solution in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 3