Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Europa League: Lazio FC Salzburg, Thursday, 05-04-2018  (Read 1561 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Europa League: Lazio FC Salzburg, Thursday, 05-04-2018
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »

Huge night on the Mister's birthday.  Good sign, since he's brought us great results.

And a big opponent despite the non flashy name.  Salzburg don't know losing in Europe, they are a team that could reach the final.  This is the first real challenge that Lazio is facing in the EL.

:Esflag:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 12:57:05 PM »

I've said earlier, no matter how important scalps Red Bull have had this year, Austrians are not better than Kiev.

I don't know what you are basing this on.

Dinamo Kiev haven't been particularly relevant in European football since Shevchenko left for Milan almost 20 years ago. They've had a couple of decent European campaigns in that 20 year period, but Red Bull are having one right now this season.

Red Bull topped a group which contained Champions League-bound Marseille and knocked out Real Sociedad and Borussia Dortmund. That's not 'scalps' because there was 6 football games played there and they came out on top. That shows they can consistently outperform more established names and Lazio could well be the next victims. Furthermore, they've only lost two league games in the last 18 months and their manager Marko Rose is being talked up as the next big thing.

I can't say I'm an expert on Red Bull or Dinamo Kiev, but the Austrians are telling us they are a serious team and on paper, they look a much better side than the Ukrainians. Only our Kosovo contingent seems to think this could be straight-forward.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 01:26:41 PM »

Rose hasn't lost any single game playing in Europe....even CL qualification... there were 2 draws where they felt out of CL...

and....he was the coach of the Red Bull Salzburg Youth League team, which won the trophy last season.... no game lost there...

Salzburg is unbeaten for 19 games in Europe now. Ajax has the record of 21 games...1994-1996.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 01:28:13 PM by blue-white »

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 01:35:06 PM »

Gullbrandsen made a remark of underestimating tough, saying Lazio are a lesser side then Dortmund.
In all honesty that's not the case imo.  They have the big names, but they haven't played better then us all season.

Let's make that clear tonight.   :sciarpa05:

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »

Gullbrandsen made a remark of underestimating tough, saying Lazio are a lesser side then Dortmund.
In all honesty that's not the case imo.  They have the big names, but they haven't played better then us all season.

This Gullbrandsen is not even a regular starter...so he should be quiet...or better ... i just ignore what this guy is saying... :whistle:

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 02:19:05 PM »

Im much more concerned about this game than I was about the Kiev game.

I think Salzburg have gone under the radar a bit because when you think of Salzburg you dont think of a strong european team, and the Austrian league is not as strong as Serie A, so its very easy to think they should be a push over.

But they are here on merit. Put it this way, if we had drawn Dortmund or Marseille, we would be saying "this will be a tough game". And Salzburg have already beaten them.

If we put in a performance, then I think we will win because we have the attacking talent to do so. Hopefully Ciro and Luis Alberto both getting goals at the weekend will releive their personal pressure a little and they should be on fire tonight. If so, we will score for sure.

But im more than a little worried!

Biancocelesti

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 02:35:46 PM »

So their last defeat in a competitive game was against Sturm Graz back in august 2017. These streaks are there to be ended. I feel we will end it tonight, I've a good feeling about this one!

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 03:41:01 PM »

This Gullbrandsen is not even a regular starter...so he should be quiet...or better ... i just ignore what this guy is saying... :whistle:

:beer:

Im much more concerned about this game than I was about the Kiev game.

I think Salzburg have gone under the radar a bit because when you think of Salzburg you dont think of a strong european team, and the Austrian league is not as strong as Serie A, so its very easy to think they should be a push over.

But they are here on merit. Put it this way, if we had drawn Dortmund or Marseille, we would be saying "this will be a tough game". And Salzburg have already beaten them.

Yes to the bigger public Salzburg isn't a name but they certainly put themselves on the map for the EL watchers.  Considering previous games and results i would have rather faced Dortmund (if they still would be in it) or Marseille tonight then Salzburg.

If Atletico would have stayed in the CL i'd now say Salzburg is a title candidate. 
Like i said it's our first real challenger.  Can't complain since we avoided much tougher opponents in the previous rounds.  Getting Marseille, CSKA or Sporting would have been the most doable options, the rest remaining are all tougher.

First we need to do is get past Salzburg ourselves, but after that i'm hoping CSKA would get past Arsenal and Marseille get past Leipzig.  Both those i like to avoid.  It's to much to hope for Sporting to upset Atletico since they are probably the weakest remaining.  Atletico will be strolling into the semi's and probably up to the final.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 06:28:17 PM »

Salzburg might be a good team, but I am not buying into this whole thing about them being a top European team. Do not be ridiculous.

Sure, they won the group with Marseille but back then Marseille was not playing their best football. They played much better since January. Sociedad is 15th on the table of La Liga, nothing more to be said. Dortmund has gone from one of the best sides in Europe to a shit team that is having a hard time beating the other shit teams from Bundesliga like Mainz and Moench. And Salzburg is stronger than ****ing Mainz, even my high school 11 could probably beat them.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2018, 06:40:36 PM »

Salzburg might be a good team, but I am not buying into this whole thing about them being a top European team. Do not be ridiculous.

Yes but it's about the EL here.  Only topteam in it is Atletico.
The rest all have their flaws.

Our attack and starting midfield also has topmoments. 
Give us the wingbacks and defence to thesame level and we'd meet Salzburg expecting to eliminate them at all times.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13