Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - Benevento 6-2 , 31/03/2018  (Read 1378 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Serie A : SS Lazio - Benevento 6-2 , 31/03/2018
« on: March 31, 2018, 02:44:17 PM »

SS Lazio - Benevento   6-2

*19' Immobile (Anderson)
*23' Cataldi (FK)
*51' Guilherme (Lombardi)
*60' Caicedo (Luis Alberto)
*66' De Vrij (Luis Alberto)
*68' Immobile
*83' Leiva (Patric)
*91' Luis Alberto (P)

subs: Caicedo (Bastos), Milinkovic (Parolo), Nani (Immobile)
subs: Brignoli (Iemello), Venuti (Letizia), Del Pinto (Djuricic)

highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45EJxm9nMq4

positional & situational reports:
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1225470/MatchReport/Italy-Serie-A-2017-2018-Lazio-Benevento
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:48:58 PM by Evesto »

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - Benevento 6-2 , 31/03/2018
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 04:57:46 PM »

finally a second man in the box and it pays out...been saying this for a while now and nani is waaaaaaay more usefull in the box, instead somewhere in the midfield

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 05:00:40 PM »

thanks God its benevento  :supsmile:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 05:03:16 PM »

finally a second man in the box and it pays out...been saying this for a while now and nani is waaaaaaay more usefull in the box, instead somewhere in the midfield

Well it certainly did make me think about a 4 man backline again.  One can deliver so much more in attack with that extra player up front. 

Sadly we don't have the backline for it.  With all the transfer work to be done in the summer setting up a new backline along the way would be a little to much to ask for.

It's all good and well once in front against a 10 man Benevento but against the slightest higher level we'd probably look even worse in the back.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 05:07:19 PM »

Keep in mind we're the highest scoring team in the league. I'm no fan of the 3 man back line because I believe that's one of the reasons why we concede so many goals, but I can't imagine Inzaghi willingly changing formation.

I'm not sure we would have won this unless Benevento got a player sent off and therefore were very tired in the 2nd half.

Despite them defending from the first minute, it's very disappointing that the team can't break through their defence. I mean this is a team that will be playing Serie B next season and we weren't creating open chances until the last 30 minutes of the match.

I'm really tired of seeing Marusic playing so poorly. His crossing is woeful and he can't get past his opponent. In the past we talked about Litchsteiner and people were like he's too old etc. He is twice the winger Marusic is and it would be beyond stupid to say no to a 2 year deal with Litchsteiner and keep using Marusic in the starting 11. No wonder he was so cheap..

Anyway we won the match. I hope the players can carry some confidence with them to the midweek match against Salzburg.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:09:14 PM by ilsemprelaziale »
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »

Three points and on next.

:offlag:
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 05:13:04 PM »

Keep in mind we're the highest scoring team in the league.

It shows again with our attacking force we'd be contending if we'd have quality in the back.
That's what makes me very sad very often.   :roll_eyes:

We won't be switching this season to 4 man, that's work for the summer but even then it would require to many changes in the roster.  I don't think it's for next season as well.  Even more, Lotito seems to be extremely pro using a 3-5-2.  He would probably keep pushing for it.

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 05:33:55 PM »

Well it certainly did make me think about a 4 man backline again.  One can deliver so much more in attack with that extra player up front. 

Sadly we don't have the backline for it.  With all the transfer work to be done in the summer setting up a new backline along the way would be a little to much to ask for.

It's all good and well once in front against a 10 man Benevento but against the slightest higher level we'd probably look even worse in the back.

well their first goal was a glimpse of luck, but i do have to mention lombardi gave patric a hard time, we suck when we need to defend counters

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 06:04:17 PM »

I couldn't find a stream for this match so spent the first half following on here and Football Italia live text (ilsempre - did you notice a visit from a certain legend on there  :razz: ) but couldn't follow the second so from 1-1 to 6-2 was nice, if not to be expected against ten, but it looks like it still was anything but easy until after we were 2-1 down. Lucas must be on cloud nine after this goal scoring run that he is on, who thought we were getting a long range finisher as well as the tackling machine? De Vrij has five goals now, is that the best from a central defender since Mihajlovic?
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Eaton_swfc

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 06:51:01 PM »

Just back to my hotel very very wet !

Wow what a game, absolutely loved that!

CN atmosphere was very good again. Man I love Lazio
Pages: [1] 2 3 4