Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - Benevento 6-2 , 31/03/2018  (Read 1379 times)

Arti

• Aquilotto
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - Benevento 6-2 , 31/03/2018
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2018, 10:01:42 PM »

Daje!
I was so angry when was 1-2... We are playing without GK now.

Nice view from Tevere but CN next time :)

Quintus

• Aquilotto
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 10:24:26 PM »

Wow, lots of fear at 1/2 against us... But great réaction, we see after that the real Lazio. Happy for Caicedo, great match from Leiva, Anderson, Luis Alberto and Ciro. Now, heads on Salisburgo !
Forza Lazio !  :stendvl:

PS: i appreciate reactions from Cataldi And Lombardi. RESPECT.
Allez la Lazio !

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2018, 01:13:41 AM »

Saw some close images of the 2nd goal assisted by Lombardi, and it seems the ball had fully passed the backline.
Meaning no goal.

Another mistake that 'could' have cost us dearly.   :roll_eyes:

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »

it wasn't fully out of the field, there is a screen shot somewhere in the Lazio fb pages

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2018, 01:47:00 AM »

Great result.
 6 goals in a poor performance ! Thats was Benevento btw.
 Great Leiva, great second half from LA,FA was the best man in field after Leiva(motm).
 Caicedo scored the most important goal of the match-I'm glad.
 DV-finish the match with header. See him how he celebrate....I stil think that exist some chance to see him in our shirt next season.
 Nani won the penalty,Ciro score just two goals....
 We need this kind of easy match.
 Merda draw-thats great,milan lose-also great news.
 I hope for a draw in homo derby in the middle week.
  :offlag:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2018, 08:45:53 AM »

I'm not too worried about 10-man Benevento having the lead for much of the game. We were never going to be 100% given we're coming off a break, had a few players out with injury and had others on the field with very little rest over the international break. We'd also Europe to think about. Had we dropped points, I'd have been very concerned... but we won 6-2...

But I do have niggling concerns. The story of the last month or so is Strakosha giving the opposition freebies. He is totally off his game. We can praise Cataldi's free-kick all we like, but when you get beaten like that, your positioning is simply wrong. Cataldi crosses the ball if Strakosha has his post covered. He shoots because Strakosha hasn't it covered. There's no defending it. And in my opinion, if Strakosha was 33 rather than 23, this is the point he'd be dropped for Vargic. He's that off-form at the moment in my opinion.

Also, there's a lot of focus on whether the ball was in or out on the second goal but to me, that's a very clear example of Patric and Luiz Felipe's limitations on that side. I suspect as it's his weaker side, Patric does a very poor job of shepherding Lombardi out of play, and Luiz Felipe's positioning is all wrong - he should've been all over Guilherme like a rash.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2018, 09:34:35 AM »

I'm not too worried about 10-man Benevento having the lead for much of the game. We were never going to be 100% given we're coming off a break, had a few players out with injury and had others on the field with very little rest over the international break. We'd also Europe to think about. Had we dropped points, I'd have been very concerned... but we won 6-2...

But I do have niggling concerns. The story of the last month or so is Strakosha giving the opposition freebies. He is totally off his game. We can praise Cataldi's free-kick all we like, but when you get beaten like that, your positioning is simply wrong. Cataldi crosses the ball if Strakosha has his post covered. He shoots because Strakosha hasn't it covered. There's no defending it. And in my opinion, if Strakosha was 33 rather than 23, this is the point he'd be dropped for Vargic. He's that off-form at the moment in my opinion.

Also, there's a lot of focus on whether the ball was in or out on the second goal but to me, that's a very clear example of Patric and Luiz Felipe's limitations on that side. I suspect as it's his weaker side, Patric does a very poor job of shepherding Lombardi out of play, and Luiz Felipe's positioning is all wrong - he should've been all over Guilherme like a rash.

I see he's covering his far post, is it not what the correct position in this FK situation?

Still think cataldi's goal is more to his accuracy than strakosha's position, if strakosha manages to save it, that would be a great or at least a good save

cant say the same bout patric+ramos or whoever should've mark guilerme, the goal is more to them

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2018, 10:16:01 AM »

I see he's covering his far post, is it not what the correct position in this FK situation?

Honestly, the correct positioning is one that doesn't lead to a goal.

A 2-man wall is standard in situations where a cross is more likely than a shot. Felipe Anderson's role would usually be to cover the angle from the left-footed shooter (Guilherme), while Immobile would be there to cover the right-footed shooter (Cataldi). They would typically be there to discourage a shot-on-goal and encourage a cross into the box. The wall doesn't move in this case and that would usually be so Strakosha has a clear view of the shot and while Strakosha's positioning covers a Ronaldinho v England 2002 situation, it should also afford him the opportunity to make the save at the near post.

I can't say that's what was intended in this situation as I don't spend my days in Formello, but what I can say is that if the above is what was intended, the wall and the position Strakosha took up were absolutely useless. And if anything else was intended by the positioning of Strakosha and the wall, it was still useless because Cataldi scored.

For me, this isn't even debatable and I don't think it would be debated anywhere outside this forum - it's a clear goalkeeping error.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2018, 12:37:57 PM »

I tought the wall should have been wider on the short side, Strakosha left himself exposed on both sides and came up short.

On the 2nd goal somebody should have defenitly been on Guilherme.  There was no structure, they all ran back blindly.

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2018, 01:30:16 PM »

I find it funny that people are blaming Strakosha on the first goal when he is perfectly positioned but is a fraction of a second too late to save a kick that is nearly perfect but say nothing about the second goal. Maybe Strakosha could have saved the first shot if he would have longer hands, if he would be a bit faster or if he would be able to jump faster/further but it's like saying that a CB is bad if he can't win fastest strikers in the world in a 1on1 situation or can't jump higher than everyone else on the pitch. If I would blame something I would blame the wall or the position of it (which would be on Strakosha but nobody is saying so). Just look how Immobile reacts, he is afraid of the ball and makes himself smaller when he should make it harder for Cataldi. And I still think it's mostly on Cataldi doing amazing freekick, or good enough to make it almost unsaveable. And if Strakosha would be closer to the near post in order to save the freekick, then he would leave the far post too open and a cross there and a good header would be a goal too.

But when you look the second goal, the ball comes right next to Strakosha, goes in way too easily and still nobody is saying anything about it. If we would blame Strakosha on either goal, then it would be the second one.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4