Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Serie A : SS Lazio - Benevento 6-2 , 31/03/2018  (Read 1383 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A : SS Lazio - Benevento 6-2 , 31/03/2018
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2018, 02:53:06 PM »

I find it funny that people are blaming Strakosha on the first goal when he is perfectly positioned but is a fraction of a second too late to save a kick that is nearly perfect but say nothing about the second goal [...] If I would blame something I would blame the wall or the position of it (which would be on Strakosha but nobody is saying so).

I don't think there's any such thing as 'perfectly positioned'. A goalkeeper has to position himself to give himself the best chance possible of making a difference in dangerous situations. They can't cover every angle in every situation, but in a free-kick situation like this, the goalkeeper can only stop a shot-on-goal or intercept a cross. There's nothing else they can control. So for me, it's not unreasonable to expect Strakosha to do better in this situation. He has time to set himself, the defenders, the wall etc.

The goalkeeper's position in a free-kick situation is - to a greater or lesser extent - in relation to the wall. So I can't see how Strakosha could be perfectly positioned if the wall isn't positioned properly. They go hand-in-hand. If Cataldi's free-kick was somewhere close to perfect, I'd have said nothing, but it wasn't exactly a free-kick from a lovely angle, hit with real pace into the top corner. It was very stoppable.

As for the second goal, Strakosha is a big guy and to expect him to get down to that and make the save is a bit much in my opinion. Granted, I've seen goalkeepers make that kind of save and Strakosha has certainly come up with similar saves in the past, but this isn't easy. Everything happens quickly.

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2018, 04:16:48 PM »

Strakosha could potentially have done better on the freekick, but IMO it was a good free kick by Cataldi, power, swerve and pace. Perhaps Strakosha was expecting the cross and so started one step to his left and that was enough. I am one of his critics but id expect him to do better on the 2nd goal more than I would on the free kick.

One thing I havnt noticed anyone say here (maybe in the live thread but I never read those) no one has mentioned Cataldis lack of celebration.
Funny how he gets slaughtered for his minor celebration when he was on the opposition when Genoa scored against us, but when he himself scores, and even looked to be apologising toward Curva (had 2 hands up, palms out) no one says a thing..

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2018, 04:26:22 PM »

Cnon is absolutely right, Strakosha ****ed up on the second goal too. Let's say that maybe the first goal was too much for him, even tho I think he had to save it, but the second goal was even worse.

When Lombardi goes around Patric Strakosha puts both hands up asking for a goal kick and then, when the ball was already passed, Strakosha runs across the goal line and the ball goes under him. Now, there is only one place where the Benevento player can shoot and that's the closer corner of the goal. Not only that Strakosha doesn't see that but he also let's the ball go under him while he's trying to save it with his hands when he should try and save it with his legs.

Respect for Cataldi and Lombardi both but I expect nothing less from them.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2018, 03:09:54 AM »

Strakosha could potentially have done better on the freekick, but IMO it was a good free kick by Cataldi, power, swerve and pace. Perhaps Strakosha was expecting the cross and so started one step to his left and that was enough. I am one of his critics but id expect him to do better on the 2nd goal more than I would on the free kick.

One thing I havnt noticed anyone say here (maybe in the live thread but I never read those) no one has mentioned Cataldis lack of celebration.
Funny how he gets slaughtered for his minor celebration when he was on the opposition when Genoa scored against us, but when he himself scores, and even looked to be apologising toward Curva (had 2 hands up, palms out) no one says a thing..

I do have concern on 2nd goal but I thought he got his view block by Gulierme marker, not much of an excuse I know but he surely could use one  :supsmile:

Bout cataldi lack of of celebration, not that I didnt appreciate it, but I think that was to be expected really, I mean that kid still want to return to formello didnt he?

and lombardi surely has learn a thing or two from that cataldi-genoa case  :whistle:

Agent Orange

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »

Weirdest game of the season.. but 3 points is 3 points, how we get them doesn't matter. Now we cant afford anymore ****ups, we still have it in our own hands, if we just win and hope that rioma and Inter will loose more "given" points (i dont see the latter happening though).

I think the most important game, 'ironicly' will be the derby...
Against modern football!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]