Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Serie A : Udinese - SS Lazio 1-2 , 08/04/2018  (Read 1213 times)

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A : Udinese - SS Lazio 1-2 , 08/04/2018
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »

SMS didnt score or give some assist etc...but Sergej was deeper and took the ball from defensive line,change the wing when he saw pressure in that part of field(example : a lot of times during the match he took the ball in left and found Marusic -leaving the space for defense to gets back in their positions).
 Thats why I think that SMS had a solid performance( he was out for some matches and get back now where everybody expect from him to be the best one in field in every match).

moody

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 04:33:22 PM »

I don't think Patric is that bad. Not spectacular, but he was there in defense, and also did some passing up the left wing. No fancy dribbles, but he kept possession. A hard working player, actually a bit like Parolo these days, who runs around but nothing inspiring.

Marusic, on the other hand, I think offers attack more than defense. His stupid foul could've costed us the 1st goal, it is indeed arguable and also meaningless to pull from behind. Not the first time of him doing these stupid moves. But he can dribble a bit and he got a shot which was dangerous. His crossing is not great, but at least it is in the box, unlike Lulic and Lukaku who send balls to the stands.

On Murgia who hasn't been featured lately, he is very attacking minded and I don't think offers enough to defense. He can sneak forward and go for goal, but isn't good at controlling midfield. It's quite different from what we expect from him, that's probably why he isn't getting much game time cause we have enough attacking midfielders.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »

On Murgia who hasn't been featured lately, he is very attacking minded and I don't think offers enough to defense. He can sneak forward and go for goal, but isn't good at controlling midfield. It's quite different from what we expect from him, that's probably why he isn't getting much game time cause we have enough attacking midfielders.

He was an attacking midfielder in the Primavera, so I agree that if people are expecting a complete midfielder, that's going to take time.

But I think Murgia isn't getting games because the stakes have ended up being so high this season that Inzaghi cannot afford to put trust in Murgia for a prolonged period because that involves giving Parolo, SMS, Luis Alberto, Leiva etc. nights off.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 05:01:24 PM »

But I think Murgia isn't getting games because the stakes have ended up being so high this season that Inzaghi cannot afford to put trust in Murgia for a prolonged period because that involves giving Parolo, SMS, Luis Alberto, Leiva etc. nights off.

I think this post covers the matter about Murgia.  He needs time to grow on the field, but there's simply to much a stake.  If we hadn't been screwed by the refs that much we'd have at least 9 points more (and that's counting thin) and Murgia would have certainly got a start yesterday to rest others. 

But with the points being tight and the bench very low on quality our starters will have to go deep for the reminder of the season.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 05:14:36 PM »

Don't get the hate for Marusic, he was good today.

Truth is, he's very limited player, who doesn't offer almost anything attacking-wise. Personally I think that he's not good enough for Lazio, but I'm aware of our limited budget so it would be foolish to complain too much.

What limited budget exactly? we currently have a positive balance of 50m from the sales of (Biglia,Berisha,Hoedt,Keita) and the super cup trophy money... 50m and we ended up buying a 6m unproven right back, Davide di gennaro , Caicedo, past his best Nani and free agent useless Caceres.

and we're third...

Yes we are fortunately , but if god forbid and we lost that race,and when it will be too late only then you will come to say that cheap greedy bastard could have done much better in summer transfers?

And we should have been 3rd now with much more points ahead of Inter & Merda.  VAR situations decided otherwise.  We all know the incidents, like i said before, we should at least have 9 points more at this stage under correct circumstances. 

And with thesame roster, thesame Marusic ...  :twinkle:

His a limited player i fully agree.  But looking at the game yesterday i'd honestly give Bastos & Marusic thesame rating.  They did okay for 90% of the game.  Yet people again start praising Bastos after one decent game and still go after Marusic.

It's his first season Serie A coming from a very inferior league.  I'm telling you guys (i know the Jupiler League), the fact that he's a starter now under Inzaghi and not making 'crucial' errors is not something i was expecting.

The former DS (Devroe) of Oostende recently made some comments on the transfer.  He said Tare wanted him because they wanted a right midfielder who could do the miles and doesn't lose the ball.  Guess that kind of describes Marusic imo.  His ballcontrol is excellent and when fully fit he's a marathon runner.

This also says something about the way the wingers are required to play for us.  Push high and hold on to the ball.  I have no doubt that's why both Lukaku & Marusic are always holding back while arriving high and look for the safe passes.  These are instructions, why else would they both play like that othewise.  Inzaghi seems to be satisfied with them.  Personally i'm really no fan of either but who are we next to Inzaghi ...  :twinkle:

Guess if needed things will change in the summer but i doubt it.  Without high bids both of them will be here next season.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:16:39 PM by Evesto »

hamid

• LF Legend
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »

Oh, there was a special guest in the stands  :offlag:

we breathe LAZIO

Terzino

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2018, 08:13:44 PM »

Zio Edy!  :beer:

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 09:56:38 PM »

Yesterday I had one of my best days recently. We went to Udine and got there quit early becouse I had to meet one friend before the match which I haven't seen about 5 years. Well we got back late and the goal which we conceded I didnt see it, becouse I was not in the stadium yet, but I certanly hear it from the outside. Stadio Friuli is not that big but it is one of the nicest there is. The crowd is near the pitch and you see evrything. And it was my first time to cheer in Italy with the Lazio supporters all around me. Those Irriducibili guys all one of the toughtess, all tatooed (it was a sunny day so they were all in T-shirts) you don't want to mess with them. I took one of my friend who is Sampdoria fan and the thing is he was one of the greatest Lazio fan there. Maybe it was becouse it was his first game in Italy but he was singing with the Irriducibli (he understand italian language) all the way, laughed when he heard that Roma is called Merda. Then when we started to get back in the game he was all around. The athmopshere there it was verry nice. Not a big stadium (around 20.000 seets) but it was almost full so it was verry nice. And when the game finnished we have to wait and we were the last to go out of the stadium. And the whole time they were singing when we were their so it was verry nice weekend for me. And the most immportant Roma and Inter lost so it was perfect.  :band04:

Great story, glad you enjoyed it
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]