Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Europa League: FC Salzburg - Lazio, Thursday, 12-04-2018  (Read 1346 times)

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Europa League: FC Salzburg - Lazio, Thursday, 12-04-2018
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 03:12:27 PM »

Any result other 1:3 in our favour is disappointing result.  :cnstend:
Same applies for merda tomorrow night.  :stendrm:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 03:19:44 PM »

Playing anything other than our best XI is not something that crossed my mind until I read it here.

Sure, the Derby is always the most important game but 1927 are in a similar boat except they've to chase a game and we can manage ours.

If we play anything other than our best team, we risk embarrassing ourselves.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 03:33:01 PM »

I'm thinking rest a few players and call on them if needed.

This Lazio does not kill games off early. My worry is Immobile and co start and if we are 1-0 down at half time, they will probably play the entire match.

The problem is we don't have any other forwards with the same type of killer instinct that Ciro has. Caicedo only proved somewhat dangerous when Ciro was in the box with him.

Not playing Ciro in this match simply can't be an option if we take this seriously. I could probably understand if Inzaghi chooses to rest Luis Alberto and play Felipe instead, but that's only because both of them are playing very well in the same second forward position.

Strakosha
LuizFelipe-DeVrij-Radu
Marusic-Sergej-Parolo-Lucas-Lulic
Felipe
Ciro

That must be our formation for this match..with Felipe or Luis Alberto being the last decision Inzaghi has to make.

I don't want to see any other players starting this match because the gap in quality of those players listed above and the second string is just too big. We need to take this match seriously and I'm already having nightmares of a Wallace-Devrij-Bastos defence on Thursday costing us advancement in this tournament..
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 03:34:04 PM »

Playing anything other than our best XI is not something that crossed my mind until I read it here.

Sure, the Derby is always the most important game but 1927 are in a similar boat except they've to chase a game and we can manage ours.

Agreed, the only downside is that rioma will have an extra couple of days rest.
FORZA LAZIO!

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »

Agreed, the only downside is that rioma will have an extra couple of days rest.

Yeah those are my thoughts. Two days is a big difference. Hopefully we can manage this match well, we don't usually do that.

LAZIALE from Moldova

• Aquilotto
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 04:20:38 PM »

Hello guys!  :beer:

Great time to be LAZIALE now  :offlag:

Our team is back into fight for CHL and we have to enjoy this moment!

:stendvl: :stendrm:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:25:16 PM by LAZIALE from Moldova »
Laziale since 2002  :laziostend:

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 04:28:19 PM »

Whats about Lukaku ?
 LA-FA ? One of them will be ready for derby,
 Radu ? can he handlle one two matches for three days ?- i m not concern about this one, but for the derby- 60 min will be acceptable .
 Same for SMS-Ciro .
 Caceres ? - whats about him?
 Merda have two days more for rest than us.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 04:31:49 PM »

The derby is usually its own entity in the sense that form and fatigue matters less than who wants it the most on the day.

We’ve lost derbies several times where they played European football and we were rested.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »

Luckely we have a 2 goal lead going there but it's dangerous to hide behind it.  They have nothing to lose and will certainly put in a big effort.  They are a team that's a level above there own league.  This means most of the league matches are training games for them, so they have loads of energy ready for Europe. 

Still we will have to adjust the starting 11 and make early changes during if possible (maybe after scoring once).  Lulic has an issue, Lukaku isn't ready.  I'd hate to have start the derby with Patric on the leftwing.

Danish-Laziofan

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 09:32:58 PM »

I think Lukaku (yes, I actually wrote it), Immobile and Felipe Anderson can be fundamental for this match. We must expect Salzburg to go full attack from first thing and that must leave some space open in the back. And that could be the recipe for sweet cherry pie for those three to make some dangerous counter attacks.

Lukaku was on the bench against Udinese so he can't be far from match fitness for this one.
Please, take a minute at www.sslazio.dk . If there are other Scandinavian brothers who want to join, feel free!! We all understand each other anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5