Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Europa League: FC Salzburg - Lazio, Thursday, 12-04-2018  (Read 1241 times)

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
Re: Europa League: FC Salzburg - Lazio, Thursday, 12-04-2018
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 03:42:23 AM »

I'm thinking rest a few players and call on them if needed.

This Lazio does not kill games off early. My worry is Immobile and co start and if we are 1-0 down at half time, they will probably play the entire match.

like many said, its a risk to not play other than our best, if Ciro (and others) had to play full 90mins so be it

but yes we (almost) never kill games off early, even when we free-scoring it usually after 60 mins nerve-wrecking 

Skenderbeu

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 11:42:25 AM »

Never in the entire season have I been so curious regarding the starting 11 as the second tie vs Red Bull.
I will keep it short as I always do, I want to rest players. The derby is to important and we have a lead of two goals. I didn't think that Salzburg were dangerous, they had luck. Only Berisha was proper if you ask me.

Strako
Basdos - Wallace - Radu
Basta-Murgia-Leiva-Milinko-Lukaku
Anderson
Caicedo

Sub (finger crossed) out: Leiva, Anderson and Milinko :sciarpa05:

Realistic? Not for a moment but I have a dream ;)

DAAAAAAAAAAAJE!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:44:34 AM by Skenderbeu »

torsten

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »

Never in the entire season have I been so curious regarding the starting 11 as the second tie vs Red Bull.
I will keep it short as I always do, I want to rest players. The derby is to important and we have a lead of two goals. I didn't think that Salzburg were dangerous, they had luck. Only Berisha was proper if you ask me.

Strako
Basdos - Wallace - Radu
Basta-Murgia-Leiva-Milinko-Lukaku
Anderson
Caicedo

Sub (finger crossed) out: Leiva, Anderson and Milinko :sciarpa05:

Realistic? Not for a moment but I have a dream ;)

DAAAAAAAAAAAJE!

I don't know but i got a really bad feeling when i read that starting 11. Maybe it was my coffee i don't know :supsmile:
Alessandro Nesta, Fernando Couto, Stefano Fiore, Tommaso Rocchi, Stefano Mauri, Giuseppe Biava, Federico Marchetti, Danilo Cataldi, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Simone Inzaghi, Ciro Immobile, Marco Parolo

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 12:34:10 PM »

Salzburg only need to win 2-0 and we are out.

I don't know how anyone could put up a fairly second string defence and midfield with someone other than Immobile leading the line and think a 2-0 win to Salzburg is still unlikely.

We played our best team in Rome and put one of our best performances of 2018 and the tie is still very much on. That's the clearest indication that we might not get away with taking this game a bit lightly. An early goal or a dubious decision and we could be on the backfoot immediately.

For me, the Derby is the most important single game for Lazio in each and every season but we've got to be realistic.

No one here is bemoaning the fact we lost the Derby in November. If we lose the Derby but win Europa League or finish in the Top 4, no one will care to remember the Derby until that fixture comes round again. If we win the Derby, but don't win Europa League and finish 5th or 6th, this forum is going to be no fun for a few weeks. No one is going to be delighted about the Derby win then.

So I'm totally in full steam ahead mode and if the players are tired for the Derby, grit your teeth and get through it - the other team will be tired too and will be doing the same.

Silindeee

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 12:41:34 PM »

From now one we have to put our best possible 11 in every match!!
There is no room for experiments. All matches are like finals now,atleast to me.
I cant even think how can we start a game without immobile.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 12:42:34 PM »

Agree, strongest eleven should play. A bad game whether we go through or not will damage the team morale before the derby.

blue-white

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 12:42:39 PM »

I don't know how anyone could put up a fairly second string defence and midfield with someone other than Immobile leading the line and think a 2-0 win to Salzburg is still unlikely.

We played our best team in Rome and put one of our best performances of 2018 and the tie is still very much on. That's the clearest indication that we might not get away with taking this game a bit lightly. An early goal or a dubious decision and we could be on the backfoot immediately.

For me, the Derby is the most important single game for Lazio in each and every season but we've got to be realistic.

No one here is bemoaning the fact we lost the Derby in November. If we lose the Derby but win Europa League or finish in the Top 4, no one will care to remember the Derby until that fixture comes round again. If we win the Derby, but don't win Europa League and finish 5th or 6th, this forum is going to be no fun for a few weeks. No one is going to be delighted about the Derby win then.

So I'm totally in full steam ahead mode and if the players are tired for the Derby, grit your teeth and get through it - the other team will be tired too and will be doing the same.

Where the f*ck is the like button???!!! :bravo:

flurffmeister

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 12:57:09 PM »

Where the f*ck is the like button???!!! :bravo:

I totally agree, i'd rather risk losing the derby in favor of winning EL or at least reach the final, however We are not favorites for the derby and neither they are, they got a tough match which they will probably play their first team get tired and lose today... on the other hand we are playing tomorrow and probably crossing through to the semis so all in all its a win win situation to play our best 11 that way we go on sunday highly motivated, 2 birds in one stone.
Il tricolore non cancella l'odore.
Lotito Vattene.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 01:17:27 PM »

The best team (or close to it) has to play both matches.

Are we confident we can contain Salzburg? I'm not at all. I think we will need to send some firepower out in Austria and score at least one goal in the first half.

IMO the greater difficulty will be backing up against the most in-form side in Serie A away from home midweek after these two games, while our opponents for CL all have comparatively easy fixtures to come.

However, I will still bemoan a derby loss. Asr have Juventus in the run home but the rest of the sides they face aren't much chop. The derby is not negotiable here.
La Lazio la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2018, 02:00:25 PM »

I agree that the only suitable approach at this point is to put in the strongest team we have. I think that's what Inzaghi will do. I am confident that we can contain Salzburg - they are not stronger than Dynamo Kyev and they need to score at least twice. So we have the upper hand here and this game is for us to win or lose. We should be smart and score first, then it's basically game over. And then we can bring on some subs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5