Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Serie A : Torino FC - SS Lazio 0-1 , 29/04/2018  (Read 725 times)

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A : Torino FC - SS Lazio 0-1 , 29/04/2018
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 08:55:50 AM »

How we scored only one goal I have no idea... Alberto having great season but Salzburg match open goal and this awful penalty make me angry, if we want to be team who opponents fear we cant have this kind of moments of indecisiveness.

all that alberto did yesterday was that cross ot sms...he was crap all other situation

Alberto is frustrating.. he may have a terrible match but then he's a genius. He always finds a way to create something. It may be a brilliant flick, a true ball, a free kick or even a corner. He does this with consistency and thats what matters. He may waste some chances but he delivers. His stats are beyone beleivable. I can't remember anyone having 15 goals and 20 assists in a season for Lazio. Its like playing FM.

Agree with Boksic.  They we score goals at times trough Alberto, Sergej, Felipe or Ciro is unreal.
Alberto is brilliant but apparently not a coldblooded finisher.  Felipe isn't either, that goes together a lot with creative players.

Luis Alberto has 13 straight assists now, this hasn't happened for a Lazio player in one season for a while.

we can't rely on this if we want to progress as a team. that thing happened with pioli and anderson - luck and the next season was a disasater. I still question the class alberto has, despite his statistics - i looked into him and against the top 6 teams  he has 1 goal and 2 assits, everything else is achieved against the lower table teams, which in my eye doesn't make him a good enough player. and i don't really put the corner cross as an asists...the hard part of the whole thing is done by the player who is heading the ball. as i have said before - i think we saw alberto's peak before christmas - from now on, its his regular form.

Boksic

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 10:05:27 AM »

How we scored only one goal I have no idea... Alberto having great season but Salzburg match open goal and this awful penalty make me angry, if we want to be team who opponents fear we cant have this kind of moments of indecisiveness.

all that alberto did yesterday was that cross ot sms...he was crap all other situation

Alberto is frustrating.. he may have a terrible match but then he's a genius. He always finds a way to create something. It may be a brilliant flick, a true ball, a free kick or even a corner. He does this with consistency and thats what matters. He may waste some chances but he delivers. His stats are beyone beleivable. I can't remember anyone having 15 goals and 20 assists in a season for Lazio. Its like playing FM.

Agree with Boksic.  They we score goals at times trough Alberto, Sergej, Felipe or Ciro is unreal.
Alberto is brilliant but apparently not a coldblooded finisher.  Felipe isn't either, that goes together a lot with creative players.

Luis Alberto has 13 straight assists now, this hasn't happened for a Lazio player in one season for a while.

we can't rely on this if we want to progress as a team. that thing happened with pioli and anderson - luck and the next season was a disasater. I still question the class alberto has, despite his statistics - i looked into him and against the top 6 teams  he has 1 goal and 2 assits, everything else is achieved against the lower table teams, which in my eye doesn't make him a good enough player. and i don't really put the corner cross as an asists...the hard part of the whole thing is done by the player who is heading the ball. as i have said before - i think we saw alberto's peak before christmas - from now on, its his regular form.

I don't quite agree with you there Roman, we have been relying on him to be the creative spark of this team for the whole season and he delivered we're 4th and we didnt even miss Keita. Immobile has scored more goals then ever with Alberto next to him. Immobile and Alberto are the most prolific partnership we had in quite a while. Alberto 2 weeks ago against Fiorentina delivered a top class performance, he single handedly put us back in the match and then won it for us. As with his corners the delivery is as important as the one scoring it at least. Its not just Milinkovic who's scoring them. De Vrij, Bastos, Caceres have scored a lot of goals, its not just a coincidence. If this is his normal form than its more than good enough he's been delivering assist every match now for weeks and it doesn't seem to want to stop. There's a reason why Anderson is on the bench, he may appear more involved but he's just not that effective as Alberto.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 10:09:56 AM »

Agreed about LA with Boksic.
 SMS is back at the the right time.
  :offlag:

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »

SMS and Luis Alberto are I f I amy say, World class  :whistle:

Zers

• Aquilotto
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »

First 0-1 (or 1-0) victory of the season! After all high-scoring 4-3, 1-4, 5-2 etc. games, i've really been waiting for simple win like this with an solid performance from the defense.

:laziostend:

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 03:45:18 PM »

If this is Alberto's regular form:

Then I can't wait to see his great form. :twinkle:
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 04:57:25 PM »

This debate on Luis Alberto is similar to the Candreva debate a few years ago where it was argued he was a top player because of his production.

At the time, I argued that because Candreva took penalties and our gameplan was about getting the ball to him in wide areas and getting crosses into Klose, the numbers were flattering him. Now Candreva's at Inter - and they haven't built the team around him or given him penalty-taking duties - his production has fallen off a cliff and now he's seen as a more ordinary player.

Luis Alberto's great numbers - to a greater or lesser extent - is because (a) he takes set-pieces and aims that at giants like SMS and de Vrij and (b) our gameplan revolves around getting the ball to him and asking him to supply a player of Ciro Immobile's quality.

That's not to take anything away from Luis Alberto - he's an excellent set-piece taker and playmaker - but his numbers should be placed in that context.

For example, going by WhoScored's numbers, Luis Alberto has assisted or scored 28.5% of Lazio's Serie A goals. If you look at similarly-offensive players at other clubs, LA's ability to contribute to goals no longer looks special. Perisic has directly contributed to 33% of Inter's goals. Ilicic has contributed to 33% of Atalanta's goals. Dybala has been involved in 32% of Juve's goals.

The extraordinary number is the amount of goals Lazio has scored this season and the real question is: how much of that is Luis Alberto, and how much of that is the 10 teammates that surround him every week?

As I was alluding to in Luis Alberto's thread, Mauri often had to create opportunities for the Libor Kozak's and Filip Djordjevic's of this world and Hernanes spent much of his Lazio career playing for a renowned defensive-minded manager in Edy Reja. We can only speculate what they might have achieved with Simone Inzaghi as their manager and Ciro Immobile as their teammate.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 08:29:28 PM »

I agree.  Alberto had a great season, but it's mostly due to style and tactic.  Similar for Ciro's stats.

When i imagine thesame setup with Mauri behind Ciro, Hernanes as mezzala both in their prime i'd be curious to see our goaltally then.   :twinkle:

With timemachine at our disposal to give Inzaghi his pick for the 3511 we'd have a Scudetto team without question.

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 10:17:04 AM »

I don't want to make a debate in style : Hernanes-Candreva-LA....
 One great valid point is : That we cannot compare players during Reja period and now-defensive style of Eddy is the answer.
 LA had a great season, goals-assist, assist that was not used (btw I don't know who have more assist if we count blows from other teammates SMSor LA).
 LA fit in Inzaghi system perfectly but this doesn't minimize his great work during the season.
 I think that with better defense and with SMS-FA together in field LA will be better (but the numbers will not be bigger).
 And for the end : One of our best set pieces taker during Lotito era.We create to many chances after set pieces,we score more than in any other season (my opinion without using statistics-I believe some other member will finish this job and found the number of goals that we score during the seasons -it will be interesting to compare LA with Sinisa and Veron).

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »

I agree.  Alberto had a great season, but it's mostly due to style and tactic.  Similar for Ciro's stats.

When i imagine thesame setup with Mauri behind Ciro, Hernanes as mezzala both in their prime i'd be curious to see our goaltally then.   :twinkle:

With timemachine at our disposal to give Inzaghi his pick for the 3511 we'd have a Scudetto team without question.

I'm not sure we would have scored more goals, just that Ciro might have less and Mauri/Hernanes have more.
Pages: 1 [2] 3