Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Serie A: Lazio - Atalanta, Sunday, 06-05-2018  (Read 1860 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Lazio - Atalanta, Sunday, 06-05-2018
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 09:18:58 PM »

Try and imagine how much I was shouting when he did that awful lob attempt against Sirigu..

On his weaker foot, from a difficult angle with Sirigu narrowing the distance (take note, Thomas), it was an understandable decision. The wrong thing to do, for sure, but nowhere near as bad as was made out.

And he created the chance entirely by himself, which I'd imagine Inzaghi would deem to be impressive.

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquilotto
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 09:41:15 PM »

The finish was really bad, but it seemed Caicedo was surprised that he outmuscled the whole Torino defense. He rushed it. Needs to keep his cool in front of goal. Still impressive strength, balance and deceptive speed to create the chance. I'm confident he will score if he gets the start this week.

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 06:40:36 AM »

Radu is also unavailable for this match.
I think we should go with Luiz Devrij Caceres.
Is Luiz Felipe good as left CD or Caceres should be in that position?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 06:43:05 AM by dinhochester »

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »

This is the most important match of the season, my guess, is if we win, we should most probably be securing the CL spot
the team should be super motivated.
I think we have a couple of players on one yellow bans, so we should be carefull

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2018, 12:05:45 PM »

Very hard match,
 Caicedo-no needs to false nine,FA is great when he have freedom,so it will be stupid to use him as the false striker,he create a problems to the teams that we play against..
 Leiva-SMS-LA
 FA-Caicedo.
  :offlag:

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2018, 12:14:22 PM »

Caicedo wasn't that bad. Could have done better of course but what do you expect?

Don

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2018, 01:18:22 PM »

Well, how much did Ciro wasted three chances this season, before making it as cool as we all know him?

With that lack of practice, that three chances are no waste, compared to how he got to these and how important his overall display is... I am satisfied with him upfront, linkung up very well with everybody.

Remember how impossible it was, to link up with static Djordjevic...

Remember how wasteful Keita was for years...  :wow: Couldn`t even shoot properly...

Felipe and Nani as lone striker are for me too much searching the space on the flanks/wings, letting his original position exposed. But it is exactly there, where we need someone. To get the ball there, finishing or laying up...

Caicedo for me - even as a poorer finisher and less "skills" - is the man up there with the right mentality...

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2018, 01:41:26 PM »

Ciro wasted two chances against Salzburg and one against 1927. And not only did he waste the chances but missed the entire football. If Caicedo did that he would be called a deadwood.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2018, 01:58:01 PM »

Good to see Caicedo getting some credit in here. He's not a great finisher, but there's no other natural finisher available to us and what gives Caicedo an edge over his rivals is his physicality - he's big, strong and deceptively quick. That counts for a lot regardless of how clinical Caicedo is in front of goal because it brings others into play. Palomino - who I'd expect to come in for Caldara - is going to have a tough game. Guaranteed.

Atalanta have a backline that read the game well and won't make too many errors, but they're a diminutive bunch and they don't have pace to burn either. Caicedo doesn't need to be lethal in front of goal to win this one - what he needs to do is occupy them to the point where they lose sight of SMS and then later in the game, are absolutely exhausted when Inzaghi inevitably turns to Anderson and Nani.

Immobile has been arguably the most devastating finisher in Europe this season and prior to his arrival, we had one of the most deadly finishers in Europe in Klose. In comparison, Caicedo can only look poor in front of goal, but in terms of back-up strikers, he's the best we've had in a very long time. Which makes it ironic that almost everyone feels we need to upgrade on him going into next season.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2018, 02:52:12 PM »

Try and imagine how much I was shouting when he did that awful lob attempt against Sirigu..

On his weaker foot, from a difficult angle with Sirigu narrowing the distance (take note, Thomas), it was an understandable decision. The wrong thing to do, for sure, but nowhere near as bad as was made out.

And he created the chance entirely by himself, which I'd imagine Inzaghi would deem to be impressive.

But that wasn't his 'weaker' foot, he is a lefty.  That was an attempt with his good one.  :twinkle:

But i can agree he did well at Torino, they had much trouble with him their defenders.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13