Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Serie A: Lazio Inter, Sunday, 20-05-2018  (Read 4110 times)

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Lazio Inter, Sunday, 20-05-2018
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 08:57:55 PM »

We will be playing at Olimpico, fighting for the only achievement still possible to define a great season.
That's motivation of course.  But let's consider everyting here and be very realistic so we don't feel like killing ourselves next sunday if things don't end well.

- If the staff manages to bring all or even one of Alberto, Ciro & Parolo they will not be fully matchfit.  Probably not even half. 

- Marusic (like or not, who is our starter) is not fit, and Basta isn't even capable of playing Serie A anymore.  This might sound harsh, but he wouldn't even cut it as a starter in a relegation club anymore. 

- Caicedo plays at point, but besides using his body and laying of a ball or two he's completely useless.  I will never say this quickly about a player but i can't make him out to be more even if i was obligated.

- Strakosha has more lesser games then he has good ones, so it's more or less a gamble each time.

Then looking at Inter.  Sassuolo beat them at home but it was the perfect setup to do so for them since Inter had to come forward more then usual.  The way Sassuolo was setup and motivated, and with 2 stunning goals they could hurt us to.  That beating we gave them at Olimpico, that wasn't thesame team.

They tought they were out but suddenly they are back in the running and will be coming here completely revived and with a full roster, all 100% fit.

All of this takes away our home advantage.  As Laziale i say it's 50/50 now, but a neutral watcher would probably put 40/60 odds for Inter next sunday, and it would be logical.

I still want to fight like crazy, but it will take a full squad of players willing to lay down their lives for a good result.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 09:29:38 PM »

I would strongly advise most of you dont watch this game. Because for most of you weve lost already, 6 days before we even touch the ball, and we are not going to win comfortably which is the only scenario in which this place doesnt become full of miserable negativity.

Exactly! This wont be a walk in the park, this wont be a game for light hearts!

manchesterlazio

• Aquilotto
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 09:43:16 PM »

Why is everyone so afraid ??? We are at Home and only need to avoid defeat to  qualify for CL.. We would have settled for this at the start of the season wouldnt we ? Inter are no great shakes....Look, I think they have blown their chance by losing at home yesterday..WHY shouldnt we be confident ? Come on guys, get behind the boys and lets be optimistic... FORZA LAZIO :stend1900:

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 09:54:29 PM »

Uh, so we're playing against Real next weekend or I missed something down the road?
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Roman_Eagle

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 10:05:37 PM »

the only thing that keeps my faith high is that inter actually suck more than us  :supsmile: :supsmile: :supsmile:

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 10:56:46 PM »

All of this takes away our home advantage.  As Laziale i say it's 50/50 now, but a neutral watcher would probably put 40/60 odds for Inter next sunday, and it would be logical.

Don't know where you take these odds but I quickly glimpsed betting odds and we are the favourites, like we definitely should be.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 11:17:27 PM »

Don't know where you take these odds but I quickly glimpsed betting odds and we are the favourites, like we definitely should.

Of course, typical betting odds.  We play at home and higher in the table.
No surprise.

Inter, full starting 11 all fully fit.
Lazio, missing at least 2 or 3 to worst case scenario 4 of the 11 starters.

Lazio, creative attacker (Alberto) most likely not present. 
It's only scoring striker also most likely not.
Defining CM for midfield (Parolo) uncertain to play.
Pilar on LCB (Radu) not fully fit.
Inconsistent GK.

How can these betting odds be fair today if nobody knows wich 11 will be available.   :twinkle:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 11:18:41 PM »

As long as Inter doesn't take the lead sundaynight i still believe our chances are fair.
They defend better, obviously.
Our team needs to be calm, patient and tight.  Inter is weakest when they need to build themselves.
That's why i would avoid Caicedo even more, countering quickly is not possible with him.
I hope Inzaghi considers actually putting Felipe at point and play similar like with Ciro.
Maybe Sergej behind him on Alberto's spot if needed.  Nobody else to launch Felipe otherwise.

Biancocelesti

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 06:06:52 AM »

I hope De Vrij will be benched in favour of Luiz Felipe. I think Inzaghi said in his postmatch press conference that it's a possibility. This way; win, lose or draw at least De Vrij isn't there to be blamed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:46:59 AM by Biancocelesti »

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 06:14:38 AM »

being 3 points clear with one match to go and still lose our CL spot on head to head will be very hard to swallow
CL next year will be a turning point, cause if we dont manage this, I feel all the rest of our competitors will keep getting stronger and this might be our last chance for a while to come

I am afraid the crotone match was a chance we will regret for the next years to come, or it might be destiny to take the CL spot in the Olimpico in front of 60k fans on our direct competitor inter

Forza Lazio and non mollare Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26