Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Serie A: Lazio Inter, Sunday, 20-05-2018  (Read 4109 times)

ArmLaziale

• LF Legend
Re: Serie A: Lazio Inter, Sunday, 20-05-2018
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 07:30:32 AM »

So far we have been better away than home, our record on Olympico this year is not impressive .... at all. With key players missing and Inter given another chance, I am fraid the odds are not on our side. What gives me some hope is that FA was not very visible vs Crotone albeit the whoscorred rating, smth tells me he is going to kill it vs Inter.

Secret_Samadhi

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 08:46:19 AM »

So, we was on the CL spot almost the whole season and now we will be screwed up by our useless subs.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 08:54:27 AM »

We might not like to hear it, but Lazio are clear favourites for the following reasons:

1) Lazio won the Supercoppa - Inter didn't make the competition.

2) Lazio made the QF of Europa League - Inter didn't make the competition.

3) Lazio made the semi-finals of Coppa Italia - Inter did not.

4) Lazio have 72 points in Serie A after 37 games - Inter do not.

5) Lazio drew on the road against a team fighting for their lives - Inter lost at home to a team that mentally enters the field carrying a bucket and spade and wearing flip flops.

6) Lazio play at home with maybe 50,000+ fans - Inter do not

7) At the San Siro, Lazio got the exact result that is now required to make the Champions League - Inter did not.

For the above reasons, we are favourites. We've shown over the season we are superior to Inter. Problem is, the season counts for little now and we have to prove we are superior next week. Over 37 specific football matches, we haven't done enough to prove we'll be superior after no.38.

It's clear Lazio lack something and as much as we can claim to know all the answers, it's complicated. A weak bench or certain individuals may have cost us over the last week, but they weren't responsible for the Salzburg collapse. Fatigue is a factor, proven by recent injuries. Mentally, you have to wonder, we look overconfident at times and nervous at others. Then there's the inexperience of the manager. The culture at Formello. The DNA of S.S. Lazio. It's a puzzle we will never fully understand.

But no matter what happens, this season will have been a success on some level because we have no right to be challenging for Champions League places. And to strip the manager and team of this credit because of the result of one game is unfair bordering on insulting.

We are a crazy bunch, folks - that's what 'neutrals' think of us - but Champions League is there to be earned. When we go out to earn our place, we achieve. It's when we expect it, we get nothing. Just look at our history.

Forza Lazio!  :offlag:

Non Mollare Mai  :stend1900:

Delta

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 09:10:22 AM »

^^^
Probably best post on this forum AD 2018  :bravo:
Nothing to add right now. It is up to Inzaghi and team now, all we can do is wait and tune in next Sunday and support our side until final whistle blows.  :sciarpa05:

dinhochester

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 09:19:26 AM »

Inter created many good chances in their recent matches, Lazio did not.

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 09:20:17 AM »

We might not like to hear it, but Lazio are clear favourites for the following reasons:

5) Lazio drew on the road against a team fighting for their lives - Inter lost at home to a team that mentally enters the field carrying a bucket and spade and wearing flip flops.

7) At the San Siro, Lazio got the exact result that is now required to make the Champions League - Inter did not.

For the above reasons, we are favourites. We've shown over the season we are superior to Inter. Problem is, the season counts for little now and we have to prove we are superior next week. Over 37 specific football matches, we haven't done enough to prove we'll be superior after no.38.

It's clear Lazio lack something and as much as we can claim to know all the answers, it's complicated. A weak bench or certain individuals may have cost us over the last week, but they weren't responsible for the Salzburg collapse. Fatigue is a factor, proven by recent injuries. Mentally, you have to wonder, we look overconfident at times and nervous at others. Then there's the inexperience of the manager. The culture at Formello. The DNA of S.S. Lazio. It's a puzzle we will never fully understand.

But no matter what happens, this season will have been a success on some level because we have no right to be challenging for Champions League places. And to strip the manager and team of this credit because of the result of one game is unfair bordering on insulting.

We are a crazy bunch, folks - that's what 'neutrals' think of us - but Champions League is there to be earned. When we go out to earn our place, we achieve. It's when we expect it, we get nothing. Just look at our history.

NON MOLLARE MAAAAI   :offlag: :band04: :Esflag:

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 10:47:39 AM »

This! Exactly this!

I can't believe how Evesto is saying that Inter are the favourites. Sure, Inter are dangerous and with Lazio anything can happen. But on the other side, anything can happen with this Inter too. Just two days ago they lost to a fricking Sassuolo at home with their starting eleven! And trust me, Inter fans are worried as hell too. Their team hasn't shown anything that suggest that winning against us is a walk in the park kind of situation for them.
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 05:03:14 PM »

If you would read the post carefully you would see that i never said that, i hinted the neutral watcher might see Inter as favourites under these circumstances.  I see the match as 50/50 for us to win since our striker, assistgiver and CM might all miss the game.  Even our only on level CB might sit on the bench.  It's just common sence, nothing to do with favouring anybody.

I would never claim this about anybody on the forum, all Laziali.  Sadly you did.  :um_face:

I applaud Cathal's post, who here wouldn't, it's no different in my DNA and how i finished that certain post.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:39:13 PM by Evesto »

Cnon

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 06:01:13 PM »

If you would read the post carefully you would see that i never said that, i hinted the neutral watcher might see Inter as favourites under these circumstances.  I see the match as 50/50 for us to win since our striker, assistgiver and CM might all miss the game.  Even our only on level CB might sit on the bench.  It's just common sence, nothing to do with favouring anybody.

I would never claim this about anybody on the forum, all Laziali.  Sadly you did.  :um_face:

I applaud Cathal's post, who here wouldn't, it's no different in my DNA and how i finished that certain post.

Fair enough. Sorry if I offended you, didn't mean to!
It might not be perfect but I can stretch to maybe 75% close to perfect. That's all you get Cathal, 25%  :fingerup:

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 06:04:47 PM »

Damn you and your logical way of thinking Cathal!!

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26