Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46

Author Topic: World Cup Russia 2018  (Read 7605 times)

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: World Cup Russia 2018
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »

Russia against a proper team won't be able to do shit. Saudi Arabia is probably the worst team and somehow they ended up with Russia in the group and against them in the first game  :ohnoo:

What about England, Ed? Same old or does your team have any chance?

edo_shehb

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 07:30:38 PM »

I predict an all south American final  :beer:

Peru - Uruguay?

lol obviously I'm talkin bout a Messi vs neymar final

bout Arab, its not confirmed but my friend said they still fasting today (idk if its still ramadhan in mother russia today), hence the performance  :um_face:

but yeah I could agree even if they dont, they still one of the worst team in the WC

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 08:40:30 PM »

Russia against a proper team won't be able to do shit. Saudi Arabia is probably the worst team and somehow they ended up with Russia in the group and against them in the first game  :ohnoo:

What about England, Ed? Same old or does your team have any chance?

I agree, Russia did not play well.  The Saudi's were awfull on high balls and setpieces.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 09:05:25 PM »

Evesto what do you think about Belgium? I'm not impressed with that team.

Does anyone know anything about South Korea? Sweden win is at 2.1 against them  :twinkle:

javier erfi lopez

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 09:15:07 PM »

I go for Argentina! they'll win the final against France :whistle:
Semper Persian Gulf

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 10:47:09 PM »

You asked about England, well there is suddenly a bit of optimism about because we have a few younger players and have got OK results and a bit of team spirit developing. As much as I am happy to have some more excitement about the team, and don't we need it after recent boredom, I do think we are falling into a similar trap of building the team up for a fall.

Some of the youthful talk is a bit of a myth because we haven't actually got any new young players who are going to start, Alexander-Arnold is the only real youngster that has come in to the squad and he won't play. All the players doing better like Sterling and Alli have been there for a while. Bringing back Cahill and Henderson isn't exactly going with youth. Average age of 26ish doesn't really shout young players but players in their prime.

Cahill has been talked up after just one game back as if he will improve the defence and if that is the case should be played with Stones and Maguire to free up Walker into his proper role. Whilst he has done well in a back three, Walker is essentially being played out of position just to accommodate Trippier, who is not as good as he is at wing back. Walker is probably our second best player after Kane so I don't see this positional change as the masterstroke it's being made out to be.

I'm a big fan of Gareth Southgate from his playing days and like his quiet and studious approach to management and hope he can at least make the country proud of the team again by producing better football and a bit of a run in the tournament. Sadly I can also see a regression to the scared and useless donkeys of usual once the pressure of must win games starts.

So in summary, I'm more excited than recent tournaments, not expecting a quarter final or further but cautiously optimistic that we might be slightly more watchable and successful. We can't be much worse than Woy's Warriors of the Euwos!
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 07:15:13 AM »

Evesto what do you think about Belgium? I'm not impressed with that team.

It's frustrating at some points for the Belgian supporters.  There's midfielders present of great quality (De Bruyne, Hazard, Witsel, Dembele, Carrasco, ...).  They all provide for Lukaku who is a striker that depends on getting served in every way but then needs 8 or 9 chances to score a goal. 

Defence leadership stands on Kompany who is injured or troubled 90% of the time.  First choice on the sides of the 3 man defence is Alderweireld who is still good but dropping in quality, then Vertonghen who is much to slow and much to sloppy for that position. 

Subs for Kompany or Ciman and Boyata.  Ciman can pass the ball around but plays in inferior football in the states.  Boyata had a very good game last, but is certainly not up to level needed past the groupstages.

What frustrates me most is that Batshuayi sits on the bench who needs much less chances to score and is a more a complete striker who can force an action and deliver an nice assist.  If Lukaku has to control a long ball it mostly bounces 2 meters from his foot, and the chance is already over.

Many people here assume they have a chance for the semi's or the final because they hear about De Bruyne and Hazard tearing it up in the PL.  But they forget on this level one needs 11 good ones.

Imo as soon as they face a contender and fall behind the jig is up.

LazialefromGhent

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 09:14:34 AM »

We'll see in the quarter finals. That'll be a make or break game because we probably will face either Germany or Brazil.

If they finally can beat a big opponent on the WC i can see them go all the way
-AVE LAZIO POPULUS TUUS TE ACCLAMAT-

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 05:40:53 PM »

Egypt - Uruguay was one I was looking forward to but it proved to be a terrible game. Uruguay's new young midfield were abysmal, passing sideways and backward and mostly not even reaching their target. Suarez was like a slow donkey who didn't get anything right. Their only saviours were the Atletico defence, Godin trying to run the length of the pitch to try and start something himself and Gimenez getting the winner when his illustrious strikers couldn't. Egypt are obviously a completely different team with Salah and it was harsh really that they didn't hold on for a point but overall it was very poor.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »

To be fair, Cavani was very good, he put Suarez through 3 or 4 times and he screwed it up, had it been the opposite, im sure Cavani would have had a hattrick
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46