Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46

Author Topic: World Cup Russia 2018  (Read 7476 times)

LazioKosovo

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: World Cup Russia 2018
« Reply #430 on: July 12, 2018, 12:04:54 PM »

Croatian NT is very strong physically and mentally, something I haven't seen for long time. As they are enjoying playing long and difficult games. They progress playing with "Italian recipe". Not playing pretty football but still enough to beat opponents, be that in penalty or in extra time. 
Croatia has quality to win WC, no doubt. They played brave and smart at the same time. They were lucky also not encountering teams like Brazil, Argentina or Belgium (they were on other half).
Let's see what can Croatians can do against very complete side like France.

Dakiller961

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #431 on: July 12, 2018, 12:17:38 PM »

They were lucky also not encountering teams like Brazil, Argentina or Belgium (they were on other half).
Let's see what can Croatians can do against very complete side like France.

They trashed Argentina 3-0 in the group stage

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #432 on: July 12, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »

And when you're posting Baddiel and Skinner on the forum with several games to go, not sure you've a leg to stand on if you try to deny it (although I know it was a joke, obviously) :razz:

:twinkle: Guilty of the crime, maybe that is the problem! The nations song sort of veers between ultimate positivity and a display of brazenness to an ironic ode to a poor team. This time it was the former, maybe for a minute I was somewhere on that bandwagon... or I just wanted an England football gif to show my happiness at winning! It's difficult standing on one leg!

As it pertains to Ireland and England and how the two nations have a different mentality on football, I think this sums it up  :razz: (and probably the debate we've had in here over last few days!)

But I can't imagine Keane even allowing himself a smile if Ireland got to a final! You could say that he is the ultimate professional and a focussed winner or a forever miserable grump who just wanted to spoil the good feeling. It's for TV, it's good to have two sides rather than just Ian and his unbridled enthusiasm but Roy really is a bit harsh to not think we deserved a bit of happiness when getting to the semi. Still, that's what you'd expect and does illustrate what we've been talking about.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #433 on: July 12, 2018, 01:41:42 PM »

But I can't imagine Keane even allowing himself a smile if Ireland got to a final!

But that goes for plenty of the Irish, Ed. I wouldn't either. Some of it is an act for TV with Roy, but it isn't false per se. The word 'miserable' was used for Roy today and I agree that it's miserable and if it's seen as a negative in the Irish, fair enough. But because we have this attitude, we're never disappointed. That's why our fans flock to these tournaments the odd time we qualify and go home happy. We don't have any expectations. Of our football team. Of ourselves. Of our children. That's us.

Caput Mundi

• LF Legend
« Reply #434 on: July 12, 2018, 01:53:40 PM »

I'm here, not too phased by the match yesterday. Not really into NT football, long story.

England were wasteful after controlling the first 60 minutes. Croatia's game plan was incessant crossing from 30m, one of those was converted and England simply fell apart, their team is too young and inexperienced to cope with the pressure.

At least I was right about Kane, not that anyone cares, to me he's just flavor of the month and the fact that he did not have a shot on goal in the most important match of his career is saying a lot.

We like long stories on here! The Croatian community in Australia today appears to be enjoying this win even more than we enjoyed the 2013 Coppa final. I obviously don't need to explain the reasons for their nationalism to you. I find it endearing even though a lot of people here do not.

I think Croatia's win is a bit of a win for Serie A, given they have a good core of players based in Italy, whereas none of the other contenders for the cup did and I feel that's partly why Croatia went under the radar. Serie A these days has next to no hype and while some may say that's a good thing, I don't think it is for those of us who follow these clubs.
La Lazio č la nostra. Guai a chi la tocca.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #435 on: July 12, 2018, 05:48:46 PM »

And when you're posting Baddiel and Skinner on the forum with several games to go, not sure you've a leg to stand on if you try to deny it (although I know it was a joke, obviously) :razz:

:twinkle: Guilty of the crime, maybe that is the problem! The nations song sort of veers between ultimate positivity and a display of brazenness to an ironic ode to a poor team. This time it was the former, maybe for a minute I was somewhere on that bandwagon... or I just wanted an England football gif to show my happiness at winning! It's difficult standing on one leg!

As it pertains to Ireland and England and how the two nations have a different mentality on football, I think this sums it up  :razz: (and probably the debate we've had in here over last few days!)

But I can't imagine Keane even allowing himself a smile if Ireland got to a final! You could say that he is the ultimate professional and a focussed winner or a forever miserable grump who just wanted to spoil the good feeling. It's for TV, it's good to have two sides rather than just Ian and his unbridled enthusiasm but Roy really is a bit harsh to not think we deserved a bit of happiness when getting to the semi. Still, that's what you'd expect and does illustrate what we've been talking about.

In all honesty Ed, when Italy was having their run in 2006 I didn't dare whisper the final, when we were in the final I didn't dare whisper that we'd win it. There's a difference between enjoying the moment and getting far too ahead of yourself.

Anyway I don't want to slate you for getting excited, football is about emotion and joy but at the same time you have to respect your opponents (this isn't aimed at you but the wider community  :beer:)

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2018, 01:38:38 AM »

One good match from Perisic and Croatia deserve final.
 Except Perisic the others was 100 % finish their duty's. Last night Perisic made the impact-goal-assist.
 Interesting final.
 Yes,no Neymar final.

inhocsignovinces

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2018, 07:43:17 AM »

For the record, the british seriously believed they were going to win the whole thing. Eagles fans are the same way here in the USA. It is the same mind disease. I was so pissed that it may have became a reality but thank goodness it didnt. I hate their fans. Really really wanted them to lose. I dont have a horse in the final but lean Croatia.
T’avemo arzato la coppa in faccia.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #438 on: July 13, 2018, 10:28:02 AM »

For the record, the british seriously believed they were going to win the whole thing. Eagles fans are the same way here in the USA. It is the same mind disease. I was so pissed that it may have became a reality but thank goodness it didnt. I hate their fans. Really really wanted them to lose. I dont have a horse in the final but lean Croatia.

Don't do that American thing and say Britain when talking only about the English... :supsmile:

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #439 on: July 13, 2018, 11:12:24 AM »

For the record, the british seriously believed they were going to win the whole thing.
Don't do that American thing and say Britain when talking only about the English... :supsmile:

:rolley: Hmmm...

I still cannot believe that any fan of any country in a semi final or a final of a World Cup would not be excited and think even just a little bit about how their team could possibly win the tournament. I mean Gio, surely in 2006 you didn't just sit there and think "oh no, France are too strong, Zidane is unstoppable, we can't match them, we haven't got a chance". You can't have been completely emotionless either so I struggle to understand if you weren't willing on the team to win and thus thinking at times about being champions. You are in the final, how is winning it getting ahead of yourself?

Cathal, I completely understand having no expectations, I haven't had expectations for England for decades, but, even with that attitude, at some stage, if you or your team does something above those expectations can't you then get a bit excited and more positive?

I think sometimes too much is made of the Three Lions song. World Cup songs aren't really a thing nowerdays but when they were, what song wasn't made purely for fun as a gimmick for the upcoming tournament? You got some random group that was vaguely popular at the time, threw in some comedians, the squad singing and voila - a catchy new tune to get the country behind the team (or a cringeworthy abhoration, call it what you want!). If you made a tune saying something like 'good old England let's get out of the group and be happy laa dee daaaa' it wouldn't quite work would it. So yes, saying 'it's coming home' might literally be taken as arrogantly proclaiming we are going to win, no credit to the opposition, that's it. However surely it can also be taken as just a fun and popular tune that everybody reverts to with the nostalgic hope that the original brought?

Anyway, on to Qatar, football's coming home, Kane will destroy you all! :winner:

And just to avoid confusion, that's definitely and definitively a joke! :twinkle:
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46