Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Help me show the world that Lazio are not a club  (Read 1390 times)

SNHW

• Aquilotto
Help me show the world that Lazio are not a club
« on: June 28, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm in need of some assistance from you wonderful people. I've had a pitch accepted so that I can start writing a piece for https://thesefootballtimes.co - who are a big Football magazine/online publication, working closely with British outlet The Guardian's sport network.

My piece has a working title of 'S.S. Lazio: il mito del fascismo (the myth of fascism)' and it is my aim to use it to dispel much of the stigma and presumptions that people jump to regarding Lazio and the far-right political ideology.

I know a lot of the basics to it; Foschi and Mussolini's AS Roma merger, the repercussions that Di Canio faced after the salute celebration and the constant propaganda that Italian media seem to spread against Lazio, and no other clubs.

However, I am calling upon you, wonderful LazioLand people, to help me think of anything I may not have picked up on, which can help me write my piece and fight our cause!

If anyone can help, I'd be really appreciative - for the good of the club!
In Tare We Trust

ScottishDiCanio

• Aquilotto
Re: Help me show the world that Lazio are not a club
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 04:59:47 PM »

If you haven't already, I advise you to read Football, Fascism and Fandom: The UltraS of Italian Football which is exclusively about Lazio & Roma.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »

Wonderful idea, even though I don't really care about what someone might think about Lazio. Too many ignorant people think they know shit  :twinkle:

If I come up with something I'll let you know.  :beer: 

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 09:37:39 PM »

I just give up giving explanation long time ago. Found it pointless because entire concept you need to fight against is based on twisted and surreal premise - Lazio is f-a-c-i-s-t and racist club. Football club - football club, society of sport - is put on level of some random political party or ideology.

Speaking of Italy, it's impossible to erase influence of Mussolini's PNF on sport (especially football). His cabinets, his closest associates created Serie A as it stands today and many of them even founded some of clubs (among them our beloved piece of shit that resides Trigoria).

sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 07:05:01 PM »

Well, those retarded fans claiming that women should not be allowed in the first 10 rows of Curva Nord do not help support our story that we are not a racist/misoginistic/whatever club. We have to face the fact that a small part of our ultras are completely brainless and are so stupid that they do not understand that they hurt the club by trying to look cool. Idiots.

valdanito

• Maestrelli son's
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 07:07:44 PM »

Sort of hoping women pack the first rows of curva for our next home game. The ultras have too much power, this is 2018 ffs!
FORZA LAZIO!

fausto

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 07:44:43 PM »

I guess it's just part of our club's culture having those people as the "faces" of our club.

One of my friend who knows absolutely nothing about football sent me the news on this and asked dafuq is this which I can have no answer because they did it so blatantly and there's no way we could defend or point the blame towards the media who got the news out.

We are well deemed as a racist club, now add misogynist and crappy club on the pitch. I mean, it's always tough being a laziale but these really doesn't help.

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 07:53:17 PM »

The club should allow only women in first 10 rows of CN this season. Thats the only logical reaction.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 09:25:14 PM »

No, they shouldn't. They didn't say "women" are prohibited from entering, but "wives and girlfriends", meaning leave your partner at home or pick a different section if she isn't a true fan, but only tags along for the experience of being in the Curva.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 10:02:49 PM »

No, they shouldn't. They didn't say "women" are prohibited from entering, but "wives and girlfriends", meaning leave your partner at home or pick a different section if she isn't a true fan, but only tags along for the experience of being in the Curva.

They did say women. Let's not defend the indefensible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8