Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Help me show the world that Lazio are not a club  (Read 1561 times)

Stefano6

• LF Legend
Re: Help me show the world that Lazio are not a club
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 10:03:33 PM »

They did say women

"Non ammettiamo donne, mogli e fidanzate, pertanto le invitamo posizionarsi dalla 10 fila in poi"

We do not allow women, wives or girlfriends, we invite them to sit from the 10th row and above

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 10:55:55 PM »

When I was younger I went to a lot of matches at my local club in Denmark. This club has a reputation of having the best support in the country during matches and it was quite crazy. However yes during matches you'd often see young couples who'd stand there hand in hand, kissing all the time and basically sucking in the atmosphere.

So you'd have people like me being sweaty after the match from jumping and going crazy..or my voice being fuc ked the day after..and then you'd have some people who didn't go there to help support the team, but just have fun and enjoy the atmosphere..not singing at all Those people I find incredibly annoying and I believe those are the ones the IRR are trying to target.

But this way they are doing it..the letter, the message..it's fuc ked. Why on earth should women not being able to support Lazio. They can jump, sing and go crazy just as much as the men.

I believe the IRR should have reworded that letter and been like if you aren't there to go crazy then don't stand in the front section where the noise usually starts. That part of the curva is crucial for building up the atmosphere and you can't have people there not taking part in it..at least not if you want a loud atmosphere. If they had worded it like that instead of mentioning women then it would have made sense.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

drazvan

• LF Legend
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 10:56:15 PM »

Incredible how an action of a group of retards (what a stupid name - Direttivo Diabolik Pluto) gets media attention all around the world. Never heard of them before, i really hope that there are some men with balls in Curva Nord who will bring their gf and wives to Stadium next game and teach these guys a lesson.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 11:02:48 PM »

Incredible how an action of a group of retards (what a stupid name - Direttivo Diabolik Pluto) gets media attention all around the world. Never heard of them before, i really hope that there are some men with balls in Curva Nord who will bring their gf and wives to Stadium next game and teach these guys a lesson.

Completely agree. I was hoping the female Laziali get together and march to the stadium together in numbers to show how many they actually are. And that the male Laziali in the curva show solidarity by letting them stand in the front.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 11:19:28 PM »

Still, the center of the curva in any stadium isn't really hospitable to women or children.
I think they just said what's common sense, there should be a place reserved for the "core" of the fans. I don't see women in the front lines at any stadium, let's not pretend it isn't so.
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.

sniperpon

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 02:56:23 AM »

In response to the original post, I really like your arguments, but maybe you could also weave this in somehow?

I've cornered people before simply by pointing out how obviously silly it is to generalize about hundreds of thousands of people-- Lazio fans, all around the world in this case-- based on the actions of a few. It would be like saying that all people who listen to rap music are murderers, because there have been murderers who liked rap music in the past.

People are attracted to organizations-- companies, churches, and football clubs among them-- for a wide variety of reasons. The instant an organization has enough followers, pure statistics ensure that it will have members with fringe beliefs. But it's an elementary logical fallacy to subscribe those fringe beliefs to all members ("Lazio are a racist club").

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 07:16:55 AM »

Still, the center of the curva in any stadium isn't really hospitable to women or children.
I think they just said what's common sense

Like I said, let's not defend the indefensible.

The statement targets women and not children, so no, it's not 'common sense' - it's nonsense.

And as was pointed out elsewhere, if it was intended differently, the fact they couldn't word it in a way that wasn't extremely sexist is even less acceptable.

These guys know what they are doing with the letter, knew what they were doing with the Anne Frank stickers, knew what they were doing with the racism etc.

Even those who have defended them to the ends of the earth are beginning to take a very difference stance.

This goes against everything LazioLand stands for and on a personal note, I don't consider defending it acceptable. It is discriminating against women, and if someone said similar on the forum, I'd be expected to act.

Sure, the media blow it up into something more than it is, but that's not an excuse to put up a defence.

For what it's worth, we were approached for an interview by the BBC on the matter. Having spoke with the producer, I decided not to take it on, but someone else was willing and I put them in touch with each other and should it happen, I'll find a way of getting the audio to the forum.

inhocsignovinces

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 07:40:36 AM »

The fastest growing religion in the world and 10 Lazio ultras get one thing right.
T’avemo arzato la coppa in faccia.

Doctor

• Aquilotto
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2018, 08:11:56 AM »

Like I said, let's not defend the indefensible.

The statement targets women and not children, so no, it's not 'common sense' - it's nonsense.

And as was pointed out elsewhere, if it was intended differently, the fact they couldn't word it in a way that wasn't extremely sexist is even less acceptable.

Agreed. This creates very bad perception of the club.

Sile

• LF Legend
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2018, 11:06:12 AM »

No matter how they worded it the media would still have a field day.

I wouldn't feel comfortable, correction I'd feel scared if any woman or girl I knew, my sister or wife or daughter ended up in that part of the stands. I'd be as scared if I saw any girl I knew head to a mosh pit at a punk concert, which is how scary and dangerous the stands can get.

My point illustrated in a video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX1CPPlk1uI
fast forward to 20 sec.

It's dangerous, it's filled with adrenaline and testosterone, it's coming to the stadium at least half and hour early and leaving at least half an hour late (even later in away games), it's being there in the sun and the rain and the snow, yelling and chanting all the time.
I don't know of many women who find that concept appealing, and looking at photos from other support group curvas I don't see women anywhere, so yeah, it is common sense or if you will, an established practice.

And if women, or anyone else for that matter, is so eager to leave their heart and soul in the stands, why is the stadium half empty even in the biggest matches of the season?

Furthermore, look at what's been installed in Olimpico recently
http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/editoriale/stadio-olimpico-installati-i-palchi-lanciacori-ecco-come-funzionano-foto-97848

These are dedicated to capi del tifo, curva leaders, to direct the fans and lead the chants. Who are they going to instruct? The guys in the nosebleed sections under the big screen? Geezers in Monte Mario? Or the guys directly in front of them. The guys who are also in charge of organizing the choreographs we are famous for.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:23:40 AM by Sile »
Bike to work. Work to live. Live to bike.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8