Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46

Author Topic: Pre-Season Training (2018)  (Read 13842 times)

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Pre-Season Training (2018)
« on: July 01, 2018, 09:50:26 AM »

Lazio are to hold a press conference this afternoon to reveal details on our training camp in Auronzo di Cadore.

I'll try to do what I usually do and post a daily round-up of what's gone on in training but no guarantees.

Also happy for others to join in and post updates  :offlag:

Crni Đorđe

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
Re: Pre-Season Training (2018)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 02:19:43 PM »

I think it's tomorrow.  :supsmile:

Anyway, voice is that second ritiro will be in Germany, from 4th to 11th August, with triangular between Hannover, Athletic Bilbao and Lazio, while also friendly with Borussia Dortmund will take place.
sky blue is the color
eagle and shield are symbols...

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »

I had a rough night, I saw the time, didn't check the day  :razz:

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:58:57 PM »

So Lazio will be in Auronzo di Cadore from 14 July to 28 July. The schedule for friendlies are as followed:

18 July - Auronzo
21 July - Top 11
25 July - Triestina
28 July - SPAL

A second training camp has not yet been organised, but will be in due course. Today, it was confirmed we play Borussia Dortmund in a friendly in Essen on 12 August. Highly likely the next camp will be in or around Germany.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 08:30:05 AM »

According to Radiosei, the following is the schedule for pre-season medicals. Keep in mind Proto, Durmisi, Berisha, Sprocati and Parolo have already had their medicals.

Wednesday: Lulic, Radu, Immobile, Leiva, Felipe Anderson, Luis Alberto, Basta, Luiz Felipe, Murgia and Strakosha.

Thursday: Guerrieri, Marusic, Bastos, Wallace, Patric, Caicedo, Cataldi, Di Gennaro, Lombardi and Rossi.

Friday:
Minala, Crecco, Filippini, Perea, Morrison and Jordao.

That's more players than is expected to travel to Auronzo and yet, no Lukaku, no Vargic and no Pedro Neto in that list. If this list is genuine, the assumption I would have to make is that is has been decided that Lukaku and Vargic won't play any part with the first team next season. Pedro Neto is on international duty soon so maybe he's only off the schedule on those grounds.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:33:01 AM by Cathal »

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 10:26:42 AM »

Any reason why we play SPAL so much these days? Do we have a connection with them?

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 11:16:26 AM »

Any reason why we play SPAL so much these days? Do we have a connection with them?

Spal have their pre-season training camp in Udine these days, so I'd say out of convenience, we schedule for them to pop over and play us in Auronzo.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 11:31:36 AM »

Spal have their pre-season training camp in Udine these days, so I'd say out of convenience, we schedule for them to pop over and play us in Auronzo.

Makes sense. Kind of back fired for us last season getting them in the opener...

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »

Makes sense. Kind of back fired for us last season getting them in the opener...

Especially with Palombi up front and Alberto on Leiva's spot.    :roll_eyes:

2 points thrown away with that, and it seems we only had 1 point short end of season ......

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 11:56:59 AM »

Especially with Palombi up front and Alberto on Leiva's spot.    :roll_eyes:

2 points thrown away with that, and it seems we only had 1 point short end of season ......

The other way to look at it is that result taught us several lessons we might otherwise not have learned, leading to a great season.

I also think it's taught Inzaghi something about pre-season training. I suspect he's come to realise that Lombardi succeeding where Palombi failed has more to do with the players themselves than his pre-season methods, and that might be why (I think) we're going to see Lombardi in Auronzo while Palombi settles in at Lecce.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46