Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]

Author Topic: Pre-Season Training (2018)  (Read 13853 times)

Boksic

• Aquila Imperiale
Re: Pre-Season Training (2018)
« Reply #450 on: August 13, 2018, 05:54:10 PM »

The issue with all these situations regarding Acerbi pointing at others is giving away posession in midfield too easily. Obviously you are gonna lose posession at times during forward movement. For my liking we lose it too often and let our defenders hung out dry. You can lose the ball if you take some risk, but we tend to lose it in low risk situations, too many unforced errors from our midfielders. There should be no more than 2-3 such situations in games where we are outnumbered after losing posession, but for us 5-6 times is normal. No defense in the world can deal with such pressure constantly, and we all know that our back three isn't the most solid one.

Yeah, but when you utilise a back three, it's normal to be in these situations on a more regular basis than if you were to use back four because your wing-backs are going to be out of position and not able to help.

Therefore, we can't look like headless chickens in these situations and everyone needs to be able to identify quickly who their man is and where the danger lies.

Acerbi makes out that Wallace isn't closing down the opposition player quickly enough and perhaps that's the case, but that doesn't explain Acerbi's actions.

Pure and simply, it's amateur stuff from Acerbi. And I'm not sure only being at Lazio for a couple of months excuses it. Defending isn't a new concept to him, but he looks clueless.

I haven't seen much of Acerbi at Lazio but at Sassuolo he always stood out as a confident and reliable centre back. It surprises me to read the above. He is critical to this season's outcome and if he fails I believe we will be in for a tough ride, there is no one ready to come in his position, can't imagine Ramos being played there this early.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #451 on: August 13, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »

I'm not saying Acerbi won't cut it, but I do think out of all our defenders, he's the one that looks the most lost in the pre-season friendlies. He's struck me as an intelligent defender at Sassuolo in recent times, but is lacking in the technical department.

Now it could just be me seeing things, because he's getting good player ratings and there's a lot of hype around the leadership qualities he's showing in training, but I can't see it on the pitch for now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:00:26 PM by Cathal »

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquilotto
« Reply #452 on: August 13, 2018, 06:52:20 PM »

If Acerbi isn't up to it and Ramos offers more, you can throw salary, status and all that out of the window. Stranger things have happened. However, it's clear Acerbi needs some real games in our setup to show what he can do. If our defense is even worse under Acerbi's guidance a few months into the season, switching to Ramos won't hurt us. For the sake of Lazio, let's hope Acerbi can steady the ship! It's more than just him though, whole midfield, wingbacks and defenders have to be in synch, no matter which situation occurs in the game.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #453 on: August 13, 2018, 07:50:21 PM »

Acerbi needs to relax on the field and do his task, let others do theirs.  I think he's to eager to prove he was worth coming here.

Twice he moved to cover Wallace because he wants to not concede.  But that's not the solution if he leaves his man. 

It's obvious his attention is on Wallace and fully trusts Radu.  He will need to let go and if Wallace looks not capable Inzaghi will have to adjust.

But it's much worse with Bastos in that aspect so Wallace will simply have to do good and feel trusted. 

Silindeee

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #454 on: August 13, 2018, 08:07:33 PM »

He HAS to to trust Wallace or else we are in trouble.
One thing i dont like and it hasnt changed since last year , is Luiz felipe ruthless tackles and marking. And it doesnt have to do with his age i think. Its like he wants to hurt people on purpose , or he cant calculate when he can make a tackle or not

Akha

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #455 on: August 13, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »

Let's not forget this guy failed at Milan already. True, Milan was a rather chaotic environment back then but Rome is not pressure-free either. We shouldn't make him a saviour he may not turn out to be, after all he is a 30 years old defender who has spent the last five seasons at Sassuolo. Fingers crossed though.
VENI VIDI LULIĆ

phantomm1976

• LF Legend
« Reply #456 on: August 13, 2018, 11:31:28 PM »

I saw something different. Acerbi was solid in both heavy friendly's, I saw others out of their position...Radu in right side,Wallace in Parolo role....maybe it was just me,but Acerbi was the only one who knows where he should be. Caceres also vs Dortmund-cover his role without experiments.
 I hope that Inzaghi will use Caceres with Acerbi-Radu with new RB othervise we will be lost.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46]