Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: BT Sports lose Serie A rights  (Read 416 times)

Eaton_swfc

• Aquila Senior
BT Sports lose Serie A rights
« on: July 13, 2018, 12:09:18 PM »

Litterally the day after I renew by subscription for 18 months, purely to watch Lazio on BT sports, they lose the rights !!

FFS no obvious way to watch Lazio on tv show in the uk now.

Really bloody annoying!!

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: BT Sports lose Serie A rights
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »

Hahaha well ask for a refund
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:14:14 PM by lazioserbia »

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44818136

Eleven Sports also gained the rights to Spain's La Liga from Sky in May and intends to launch two new channels.
Eleven Sports will show both competitions via an online streaming platform after partnering with global sports media group IMG.

They are also in talks with other distribution platforms to widen availability, which means they could sub-license some games to other broadcasters.

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 12:16:26 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44818136

Eleven Sports also gained the rights to Spain's La Liga from Sky in May and intends to launch two new channels.
Eleven Sports will show both competitions via an online streaming platform after partnering with global sports media group IMG.

They are also in talks with other distribution platforms to widen availability, which means they could sub-license some games to other broadcasters.

Interesting. BT Sport is quite difficult to get unless you have BT tv or SKY, you can't even subscribe to an online only option unless you have BT broadband*.

* Edit - In the UK at least.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:19:25 PM by Giolazio »

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 12:17:18 PM »

I didnt realise Sky UK had lost La Liga too..  when i lived there, the only reason I had Sky was to watch La Liga and a few Premiership games, I always streamed Serie A (illegaly!)

Here in Italy all of La Liga, Premiership, Bundesliga and Serie A is on Sky (for now, unless that changes)
I dont have Sky but I plan to get the NowTV stick, you pay 30 a month for the sports package and I can watch everything.
You can also add Entertainment, Movies and TV series packages for 10 a month each, but I dont watch enough TV to make it worth the money.

Eaton_swfc

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 12:20:11 PM »

Has always been okay for me as I have BT TV + BT broadband etc...  Always been cheaper to get a bundle like that. But in all honesty I only have the bundle to allow me to watch Serie A.

Guess I'll be cancelling that then, hopefully they'll let me have a refund!

Giolazio

• LazioLand Manager
  • LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 12:20:29 PM »

I didnt realise Sky UK had lost La Liga too..  when i lived there, the only reason I had Sky was to watch La Liga and a few Premiership games, I always streamed Serie A (illegaly!)

Here in Italy all of La Liga, Premiership, Bundesliga and Serie A is on Sky (for now, unless that changes)
I dont have Sky but I plan to get the NowTV stick, you pay 30 a month for the sports package and I can watch everything.
You can also add Entertainment, Movies and TV series packages for 10 a month each, but I dont watch enough TV to make it worth the money.

Yeah if Sky UK had Serie A I would definitely get it. Need to find a way to get Eleven Sports.

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 12:23:26 PM »

I always streamed Serie A (illegaly!)

:what:

Reported!

Stefano6

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 12:23:53 PM »

Has always been okay for me as I have BT TV + BT broadband etc...  Always been cheaper to get a bundle like that. But in all honesty I only have the bundle to allow me to watch Serie A.

Guess I'll be cancelling that then, hopefully they'll let me have a refund!

Maybe if you call and explain to them that you only want it for Serie A which theyve now lost, they might let you cancel, especially if youve only just renewed.
Or more likely they will offer you 6 months half price or something like that!

Eaton_swfc

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »

Pages: [1] 2