Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 241

Author Topic: Re: Transfers and Rumours (2018-2019)  (Read 60027 times)

dinhochester

• LF Legend
Re: Re: Transfers and Rumours (2018-2019)
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 11:26:55 AM »

I think most people are worried at this point that it's going to be SMS.
How so?

Cathal

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 11:29:17 AM »

I think most people are worried at this point that it's going to be SMS.
How so?

Because reading this forum, other outlets, social media, talking to Lazio fans online - most are talking like SMS has already left.

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 11:44:08 AM »

The tactic wasn’t why we conceded so many goals last season. Instead it was a bunch of defenders taking turn looking like headless chickens. With a better defence we would have ended higher in the league no doubt.

I definitely think a 4 man defence would’ve more forgiving on our not so competent defenders, but if inzaghi doesn’t want to change tactic then he has to make changes in the back.

Wallace and Bastos aren’t up to the task.
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

TracyJacks

• Aquilotto
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2018, 02:59:41 PM »

Any chance we got Lainer? Salzburg DS claim he’s not joining Napoli  :whistle:

ilsemprelaziale

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »

Any idea why Berisha hasn't been presented yet?
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

Insanity is doing the exact...same thing over and over again expecting shit to change.. That Is Crazy

Cathal

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2018, 03:19:31 PM »

No. But the longer it appears to be not 'official', the more likely it is that something is preventing it from being made official. And in this case, there's already one good reason why it could fall through.

So if everything is fine and we're signing him, just announce it Lazio.

blue_sky

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2018, 03:45:56 PM »

No. But the longer it appears to be not 'official', the more likely it is that something is preventing it from being made official. And in this case, there's already one good reason why it could fall through.

So if everything is fine and we're signing him, just announce it Lazio.
He failed medical test?

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »

I hope this is true. And I hope Simone at least tries 4-2-3-1 with Sergej, LA, and FA behind Ciro.

I know what you're saying because if this was Football Manager and I took over this Lazio today, I'd start buying myself a new defence with the idea of playing 4-2-3-1 with that exact attack

But in reality, Inzaghi has spent a year with this tactic. Offensively, it can't work much better, and defensively, he went with this system because with our players, a back four wasn't working.

We're too committed to a back three to go back, I feel. We don't have any natural full-backs other than Patric.

So I think someone has to go or accept the Lazio bench as their new home. I think it will be Felipe Anderson. I think most people are worried at this point that it's going to be SMS.

+1

Pure media talk.  We've signed 2 expensive players just now for the 3511 and a year of effort towards that system.
Like Cathal said, this isn't FIFA 18.   :twinkle:

Cathal

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2018, 03:51:53 PM »

He failed medical test?

I was thinking more that Tare and SEG have to sit down in a room and discuss how much SEG get paid, and that this was what was pretty much the problem with de Vrij.

You would assume they had this conversation before Berisha had a medical, but the media said Berisha was negotiating with Lazio without SEG's involvment, so...

Cathal

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2018, 04:10:46 PM »

Lotito said in the Auronzo press conference that Lazio don't need to sell to buy, and that the club has already bought players and will present them at an appropriate time.

He said some players at Lazio want to move to bigger clubs and when they do, they'll knock on his door but while previous Lazio presidents would've sold with ease in this situation, Lotito said he won't be doing so, and players will only be sold in this window when his own financial demands are met.

He said Lazio have a good reputation in the football community, especially with foreign clubs. To illustrate his point, he says Lazio have already bought a player in this market and paid the first installment on that player. Basically trying to deny the argument that he has a bad reputation as a negotiator by pointing out that Lazio can pay the bills, and clubs in business with us like that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 241