Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 198

Author Topic: Re: Transfers and Rumours (2018-2019)  (Read 49458 times)

lazioserbia

• LF Legend
Re: Transfers and Rumours (2018-2019)
« Reply #1900 on: January 12, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »

And Leiva is in the competition too for the same place as Badelj.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1901 on: January 13, 2019, 01:41:53 AM »

And Inzaghi confirmed in the press conference that no player has requested to leave.

Inzaghi wasn't being straight and neither the reports after of course.

He said Badelj did not ask me personally to get transferred.  This means if he asked Tare Inzaghi told the truth.  :twinkle:

Club and coach are dancing around the questions and altough ennoying for us it's most surely the right choice, especially with Italian media. 

Tare claims only the media says we are after a wingback but he never claimed that, that doesn't mean anything either.
Inzaghi says the club will act on the incoming mercato if the right chance occurs.  The most correct answer he can give to not raise hopes and not do damage.

Bobbi

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #1902 on: January 13, 2019, 12:52:57 PM »

Zappacosta is definitely my preferred choice out of him, Lazzarri and Darmian. He will be hungry to prove himself back in Italy, is a solid and reliable player, and seems to be keen on a move here. I know he hasn't played much in the past 12-18 months but with a little adjusting time I am confident he would be a regular player for us. I'm hoping Tare gets this deal wrapped up quickly.

Nando87

• Aquila Imperiale
« Reply #1903 on: January 13, 2019, 03:44:35 PM »

Zappacosta is the perfect player for our RWB position. PLayed it at Torino and with Chelsea and is also a notch above Marusic. Bonus hes also italian.

Badelj to put it simply does not fit into our system, in the games I've seen hes looked lost and not confident. Could be the new environment, injuries, competition for places in our team but he just seems out of sorts. Cataldi in his brief cameos has looked much better and enthusiastic. Cut our losses.

Durmisi is strange, I've liked what I've seen. Quick and dynamic on the ball but we really haven't seen much of him in order to make a proper assessment.

Same for Berisha.

Hang on to these players till the end of the year
SPQR

Terzino

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #1904 on: January 13, 2019, 05:49:09 PM »

Durmisi is strange, I've liked what I've seen. Quick and dynamic on the ball but we really haven't seen much of him in order to make a proper assessment.

Same for Berisha.

Hang on to these players till the end of the year

Same thoughts here and I really want to see what they can do when they get a proper run.

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1905 on: January 13, 2019, 06:45:55 PM »

Common sense tells me Badelj and Berisha would not be happy with their lack of gametime and have probably said something about it to someone. I suspect Murgia and Cataldi will have as well.

That's normal when the manager plays the same team every week. It becomes strange if the media constantly claim players want out.

Yes, some in the media have an anti-Lazio bias and agenda but the majority do not and the majority also do not have a clue what goes on behind closed doors and will be completely unaware of some players wanting to leave.

Evesto

• Content Creator
  • LF Legend
« Reply #1906 on: January 13, 2019, 08:07:30 PM »

Common sense tells me Badelj and Berisha would not be happy with their lack of gametime and have probably said something about it to someone. I suspect Murgia and Cataldi will have as well.

That's normal when the manager plays the same team every week. It becomes strange if the media constantly claim players want out.

Yes, some in the media have an anti-Lazio bias and agenda but the majority do not and the majority also do not have a clue what goes on behind closed doors and will be completely unaware of some players wanting to leave.

Logical of course, Badelj was a starter at Viola and now not even a first backup for the midfield.
But having said that he has to realize and maybe even actually already realizes that he first struggled for fitness and hasn't shown much either.  If he does he would play more so it's up to him.

I really hope so because he's a very skilled player and having him as 'extra' option in midfield for a club like ours is pure luxury.  Because we have busier schedules coming up then we already had and the roster width could give us an edge.

And if not then every amount we get when he leaves is pure profit.  You don't sell a Badelj for 5 mil imo so it should be worth it. 

Maybe best would be to tell him he's going nowhere so he realizes he'll need to put in effort to get gametime and profit from this during the rest of the season when the team might have a suspension or and injury.  He'll simply need to perform because he wants his call ups for Croatia.  :twinkle:

Cataldi can't complain imo, he's lucky to have a place in this roster.  Murgia used to be Parolo's backup but now Sergej moves to the right and Alberto plays left.  So maybe he's not showing enough in training or maybe simply not good enough for the coach.

I favour Alberto behind two attackers.  He had a stunning season last year behind Ciro but now it simply doesn't cut it enough anymore. 

campiador

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #1907 on: January 13, 2019, 10:43:06 PM »

Badelj did not get enough time, because when Leiva was injured, he happened to be injured too.

I remember him playing one or two full games. I watched him closely and he was surprisingly accurate and efficient in defense. He is the best we can dream of on our bench. We should definitely keep him around. If we do not make it to CL, most probably next year we won't have Sergej, and Parolo will be a bit older, so Badelj and Berisha can be our new LCM and RCM.

stefano_40

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #1908 on: January 13, 2019, 11:08:33 PM »

Badelj did not get enough time, because when Leiva was injured, he happened to be injured too.

I remember him playing one or two full games. I watched him closely and he was surprisingly accurate and efficient in defense. He is the best we can dream of on our bench. We should definitely keep him around. If we do not make it to CL, most probably next year we won't have Sergej, and Parolo will be a bit older, so Badelj and Berisha can be our new LCM and RCM.

Personally, Berisha will eventually be Parolo's replacement. But if we sell SMS, he has to be replaced if we plan on sticking to 3-5-2. I don't think this team would work at all with both Badelj and Leiva in the team, and I honestly think that Leiva is streets ahead of Badelj.
71 min: Finally a goal in this game! It's a scrappy one, but Lazio won't care. Candreva goes down the right of the box and fires a shot at Lobont. He saves the shot put can only push it to Lulic on the other side, who stabs the ball home to give Lazio the lead!!

Ghost of Felipe Anderson

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #1909 on: January 15, 2019, 03:02:42 PM »

I didn't know Zappacosta before. For some reason I didn't realise him at Torino. Chelski I hate anyway. Then I watched a couple of his clips and I'm impressed. He would be head and shoulders above any wingback we currently have. He is fast, tricky, good technique, eye for the pass and can cross. I know you can't judge players on just a 10 minute highlight cut, but you can see the skill advantage he has on anything we field at the moment. He would do things for us that Marusic can't even dream of. Tackling and tracking back also look excellent, albeit judging a highlight cut is always difficult. But I have an idea now what player he is and where he fits in.

I've been a huge fan of Lainer, who might be a slightly better pure defender, but he can't offer the skill of Zappacosta. With their price being similar, albeit Zappacosta being on higher wages, I'd prefer him over Lainer. Being Italian and knowing Serie A is another big advantage, given that we have quite a few summer signings who still haven't arrived in Serie A for one reason or another. Zappacosta and a quality CB would do it for me. To hell with the deadwood, let them run from Formello to Stadio Olimpico and back each and every day, so they will accept lower wages somehwere else :razz:

Regarding deadwood, reports are that Steven Gerrard is having an eye on Ravel Morrison. Maybe Stevie G got stuck in the past, but actually I follow Rangers and they are missing a creative joker in central midfield. Can't believe Morrison is just 25 years either. Given the pitiful standard of Scottish football, Morrison might become quite a player over there.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 198