Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2018-19  (Read 1093 times)

Ed

• LF Legend
Re: Fantasy Premier League 2018-19
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 09:33:15 AM »

Week 4:

1 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   62   307
2 Machiavelli III Kevin T   53   290
3 DOLCEBUTRUTHLESS Ray Shagar   66   283
4 Vetelin Kuivat Pasi Isokangas   59   259
5 MakGyver It! Ed Gill   49   257

14 S.S.LAZIO IRAN Rfun G   74   221

It was another relatively low scoring weekend but Eivind did increase his lead and Ray broke away from Pasi and I to close in on second. Erfan used his free hit to good effect and was the only one of us to get over 70 points, Murray from Brighton was a good choice up front and a strong midfield and defence added to his total. There is still not much between mid table and Diether at the bottom, a good week can send you quite a few places higher.

There are no fixtures this week because of international frien.. sorry 'Nations League'.. matches.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

javier erfi lopez

• Aquila Senior
Semper Persian Gulf

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 12:53:32 PM »

Week 5:

1 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   47   354
2 Machiavelli III Kevin T   63   353
3 MakGyver It! Ed Gill   91   348
4 Vetelin Kuivat Pasi Isokangas   66   325
5 DOLCEBUTRUTHLESS Ray Shagar   38   321

I don't like to blow my own trumpet but there is only really one talking point to start on. Fifty points from the top last time, only six now! If anyone is wondering how my anomalous score was achieved, well it can be attributed to a very well timed use of the Free Hit chip! I was concerned about only having Pedro and Kante for Chelsea at home to Cardiff and didn't really want as many Liverpool or Spurs players for their meeting so, rather than take a points hit or remove expensive players I didn't really want to, I used the good old chip. Hazard in as captain, hat-trick, forty points! My other choices weren't quite so successful but got a tiny bit more than those I removed and facilitated Hazard's introduction.

Anyway, enough about my team, it just goes to show how useful the chip can be. Eivind managed to hold on to first place but only just as Kevin got back to a point behind. Ray lost the most ground with a below average total and slipped to fifth. Pasi avoided any trouble and maintained his fourth place. Further down, Dimitar did very well with Hazard as captain. Incidentally, the top scorer of the week for the whole game had Hazard as his triple captain! Arguero seemed the most popular choice for captain but two assists were scant reward compared to the in form Belgian's three goals.
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »

Week 6:

1 MakGyver It! Ed Gill   70   418
2 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   59   413
3 Machiavelli III Kevin T   56   409
4 Vetelin Kuivat Pasi Isokangas   58   383
5 DOLCEBUTRUTHLESS Ray Shagar   48   369

9 Honeybadger Morts Lindholm   72   341

Uhm, I don't really know how to start this without sounding very happy and just a bit smug, but I'll try! Incase you hadn't noticed it has been a unique weekend for a certain, hopefully still coming across as humble, member in the forum's three fantasy games. With the predictions game table already looking like something from an alternate reality, now the Serie A and Premier League game's tables also seem like they have been sent by some unusual fantasy football god who has never smiled so generously on his disciple before! If I'm a bit confused by my good fortune then I can imagine the rest of you are scratching your heads and taking a second look at this bizarre situation!

Anyway, yes, I was a little concerned when my team reverted to normal after last weeks Free Hit bonanza but I shouldn't have worried as Hazard and the rest of the players I turned to then did not repeat their success. Maddison was a good transfer and Salah finally got amongst the goals again, what a drought he's been on! Eivind, Kevin and Pasi all kept pace with each other but Ray again slipped up slightly in fifth. It was left to Morts to take the best score of the week which propelled him into the top ten with his interestingly named Honeybadgers! I hope his team doesn't turn out to be as vicious and tenacious as the real thing!

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2018, 10:24:39 AM »

Week 7:

1 MakGyver It! Ed Gill   69   487
2 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   65   478
3 Machiavelli III Kevin T   49   458
4 Vetelin Kuivat Pasi Isokangas   49   432
5 DOLCEBUTRUTHLESS Ray Shagar   50   415

There is no change to the top five after the conclusion of week 7, although it was only a Van Aanholt goal assisted by Zaha that kept me top. It was looking like Eivind had reclaimed first place and created a bit of a gap to Kevin and myself but, thanks to Woy's men, I ended up with the best score for the round. There was nothing to split Kevin, Pasi and Ray so their positions are safe for the moment but everyone below them down to twelfth gained and closed up the points gaps. Morts' Honeybadgers didn't look so threatening this week as he was overtaken by several teams.

A reminder that the next round begins on Friday with Brighton - West Ham so your teams need confirming by 19:00.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:28:47 AM by Ed »

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 05:51:23 PM »

Week 11:

1 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   65   726
2 Machiavelli III Kevin T   73   717
3 MakGyver It! Ed Gill   59   692
4 Enter Shaqiri Boris Pechev   66   669
5 DOLCEBUTRUTHLESS Ray Shagar   55   655

20 #makozgroup Rick ard   86   565

22 Keyboard Warrior Keyboard Warrior   86   541

It's been a while, four scoring rounds to be precise, and everything has changed at the top with the two fantasy PL masters now ominously ahead of me. I can't remember exactly when I was first overtaken by either of them but it was before this week. The best score was made by two lowly teams, Rick and Keyboard Warrior both including the high scoring Sterling and his 21 points. Hopefully you are all still remembering to manage your teams during the forum blackouts!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 06:36:55 PM by Ed »

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2018, 12:41:39 PM »

Week 12:

1 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   63   789
2 Machiavelli III Kevin T   67   784
3 MakGyver It! Ed Gill   59   751
4 Enter Shaqiri Boris Pechev   41   710
5 DOLCEBUTRUTHLESS Ray Shagar   45   700

11 Honeybadgers Morts Lindholm 67   648

Apologies for the late table, although in an international week it doesn't really matter! The top two have pulled further away from the rest of us, leaving myself stranded alone in third and Boris and Ray completing the top five with all of us now on 700 points or more. Morts and his Honeybadgers equalled Kevin's best score of the week.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 10:57:55 AM »

Week 13:

1 Machiavelli III Kevin T   49   833
2 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   39   828
3 MakGyver It! Ed Gill   49   800
4 Enter Shaqiri Boris Pechev   36   746
5 DOLCEBUTRUTHLESS Ray Shagar   31   731

8 S.S.LAZIO IRAN Rfun G   71   710

Considering the routine victories for Manchester City and Liverpool, it wasn't a very good week of scoring in general. Our current champion Kevin is back at the top for the first time since week one, overhauling a five point deficit to make a five point lead. I managed to climb to the 800 point mark but with a score that wasn't very high considering I used my first wildcard. At least bringing in Sterling was worthwhile, if a little late, although with the benefit of hindsight it might have made more sense to then captain him rather than Aguero! Boris and Ray both slipped up a bit which allowed some of the chasing pack to move closer to the top five, Pasi and the week's highest scorer Erfan doing relatively well in between the below average scores.

Don't forget that the first transfer wildcard must be used, if needed, by 29/12 14:00.

Be aware that next weekend the first fixture is played on Friday night so the deadline is at 19:00GMT 30/11.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »

Week 14:

1 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   55   883
2 Machiavelli III Kevin T   36   869
3 MakGyver It! Ed Gill   56   856
4 Enter Shaqiri Boris Pechev   42   788
5 DOLCEBUTRUTHLESS Ray Shagar   53   784

24 Lopen Uupuneet Matti Sumulehto   75   684

The top two are in a state of flux at the moment with points being won and lost each weekend. Kevin's disappointing score not only lost him top spot but allowed me to claw back some of my deficit, vice captain Sterling proving useful in Aguero's unexpected absence. The better scores came further down the table, draz, Keyboard Warrior and Matti doing the best with the latter the only manager over 70. McArthur was a good substitute and Alisson as a brand vice captain did very well.

Please note; The next round begins tomorrow and so the Gameweek 15 Deadline is 4/12 18:45.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2018, 11:43:57 AM »

Week 15:

1 Machiavelli III Kevin T   69   938
2 Mozzarella Normale Eivind Ytreland   53   928
3 MakGyver It! Ed Gill   72   920
4 Enter Shaqiri Boris Pechev   55   843
5 Maximum20characters Cathal Mullan   80   834  :what:

Top spot has swung back in Kevin's favour yet again after the midweek fixtures produced some better scores for some of us. I was about to declare myself as the top scorer but then I had to look twice at the team in fifth position - it's only Cathal with a best total of 80! Three scoring midfielders and Kane and Wilson up front (a popular choice) gave him lots of points and enough to leap into the top five, a very unfamiliar and lofty position I'm sure he'll agree! Further down, only fourteen points separate ninth to fifteenth and less than one hundred between ninth and twenty fifth! Poor old Petros is obviously well adrift after starting the league late.

There is a quick turnaround now with the next deadline at 11:30GMT on Saturday 8/12.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5