Lazioland Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2018-19  (Read 283 times)

Ed

• LF Legend
Fantasy Premier League 2018-19
« on: July 26, 2018, 10:10:19 AM »

With the World Cup starting to fade from our thoughts, it is already time to start picking your Premier League fantasy teams for 2018-19! I hope all those who entered last season will want to compete again and, of course, anyone else who wants to join is most welcome. I'd encourage you to enter at:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

If you played before then you will be recognised once you enter your email and password, if you are new to the game then regestration is easy. Once you have got your initial team sorted (don't worry if you want to change it afterwards, free transfers run until 19:00 GMT on the first day of the season - 10th August) then use the following code to enter the LazioLand League:

Code to enter LazioLand league: 1243940-282272

Everyone should be familiar with 'chips' by now but if not, here is an explanation:

> 'Chips': Ignore the silly name and think of them as new Wildcards, the original of which has now become a 'chip' too. Essentially you have three one-off bonus scoring options available.

Free Hit - Make unlimited free transfers for a single Gameweek. At the next deadline your squad is returned to how it was at the start of the Gameweek.
Bench Boost - The points scored by your bench players in the next Gameweek are included in your total.
Triple Captain - Your captain points are tripled instead of doubled in the next Gameweek.

Only one 'chip' can be used per gameweek. Make sure you check the full rules page if you aren't familiar with these bonuses.

> Wildcards have become 'Chips'. There are still two Wildcards available where you can make as many transfers as you like in that game week. There is one available from the start of the season until the 29th of December 14:00GMT, and one from then until the end of the season.

The following is a brief explanation of the main rules to consider for any new players:

> 15 players in a squad, initial value 100mil.

> Choose 2 Goalkeepers, 5 Defenders, 5 Midfielders, 3 Forwards - Maximum 3 from any PL team.

> 11 players in starting line up score each game week.

> If a player doesn't play then one of your substitutes will automatically score in his place.

> Nominate a Captain and a Vice-Captain each week (can be any player in your starting 11). Your Captain scores double, unless he doesn't play in which case the Vice-Captain will score double.

> You are free to swap players between your starting 11 and substitutes before a game week starts in order to have in-form players playing, or to account for injuries.

> You may make 1 free transfer each week, any more will cost you 4 points each.

> If you don't use your free transfer it will roll over to give you 2 free the next game week (but further unused transfers don't roll over ie. 2 is the maximum you can make free any week).

> Remember to save your team once you have made ANY changes to it, for example moving players from the bench or changing captains. The save button is below the pitch image and the 'chips' buttons.

Please have a look at the full rules if you need to: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/

Kevin secured his second consecutive title last season and it feels like we are now at a pivotal point; Does one of our previous champions recapture their former glory? Does someone else hitherto unhearalded prove worthy of toppling Kevin? Or, does Kevin follow in the footsteps of Eivind and continue to dominate for seasons to come? There's lots of questions to be answered and it certainly looks like another interesting season. Good luck!

Roll Of Honour:

2017-18 Kevin (Kevlar)
2016-17 Kevin (Kevlar)
2015-16 Rickard (Rizmo)
2014-15 Eivind (LofL)
2013-14 Eivind (LofL)
2012-13 Eivind (LofL)
2011-12 Eivind (LofL)
2010-11 Eivind (LofL)
2009-10 Xterer (piojo77)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:00:34 PM by Ed »
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

@Stevemakoz "Partita dominata alla grande. Complimenti ragazzi. Forza Lazio"

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
Re: Fantasy Premier League 2018-19
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 06:57:40 PM »

I think my mediocre effort last season probably counts as the best I've ever had in our league!

Going to be incredibly difficult to pick a team for next week with so many Premier League players not even back in training.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 12:14:35 PM »

:razz: I really think it is about time for you to make a serious challenge now!

It is difficult, I think some of those players that get back late will inevitably end up playing simply because they are too important to their teams and managers are so afraid of getting left behind before the CL even starts.

Oh and one request, could you pin this and the fantasy Serie A topic at the top of the Lounge just to make them more obvious?
... Wow, that was quick  :bravo: :beer:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:19:12 PM by Ed »
MAKI "I would like to say hello to you guys and I appreciate all you've been doing to me and I promise wherever I go I will always be available for you guys! Thanks, cheers!"

Cathal

• LazioLand Admin
  • LF Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 12:23:52 PM »

:razz:

Morts

• Aquila Senior
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 12:55:30 PM »

Surely with the likes of Anderson, Hoedt, Lichtsteiner in EPL this season surely we all have a chance :-) and then add to it all the amazing Maxime Le Marchand (the OG hero from the Nice game back in November)

Laziale for more than 25 years with equal parts of passion, dedication and madness! Not always active in the forum as I travel much, but always active in my Lazio Heart! NON MOLLARE MAI  *Sydney - London - Denmark*

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »

Don't forget that the Premier League season starts tomorrow, Friday 10th August, at 20:00. To begin scoring in week one you must enter by the deadline of 19:00. If you have already selected your team then you can still make changes until the deadline.

Last season we had 29 teams but so far we only have 23. We need more so if you haven't joined yet then please do!
 :scarfup: :sciarpa05:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:53:34 PM by Ed »

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 07:37:25 PM »

Just under 25 minutes to enter before the first deadline and Manchester United against Leicester tonight.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »

:what: Stop the league now, is it all over after one solitary match, Kevin is top already!  :twinkle:

Rizmo

• LF Legend
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 03:23:18 PM »

Yeah I give up. Ofourse I changed Vertonghen for Ben Davies last minute.
... but I'm sure I'm correct and you are wrong.

"Maki man, Maki man, e'erbody do the Maki man, cos Maki can, Maki can, e'erbody know that Maki can cos he da man, he da man, e'erbody know that he da man, so be his fan, be his fan, e'erbody be the Maki fan" - Caxi dropping some truth on ya'll.

Ed

• LF Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 10:21:13 AM »

Van Aanholt on the bench
Van Aanholt on the bench
Oh the joys of fantasy football
With Van Aanholt on the bench
:ohnoo:

Did anyone else happen to notice the crazy manager who had the highest points after just the Manchester United - Leicester match? He was on 46 points, 33 of which came from triple captaining Luke Shaw - who on earth does that? Did he really sit down and think that Luke Shaw was worthy of his triple captain chip in week one?! I put it down to a mistake...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:42:09 AM by Ed »

Pages: [1] 2